Skye Prower

Sonic SCANF Youtube channel?

159 posts in this topic

Okay.... for names, I have two suggestions:

From before: Sonic SCANF - Sonic and Stuff; Critiques, Analysis, Nitpicking and Fun

And alternately: SCANF -  Sonic and Craic: Analysis, Nitpicks and Fun

Craic (pronounced crack) is a Irish/Scottish word meaning banter.

From wikipedia:

"Craic" (/kræk/ KRAK) or "crack" is a term for news, gossip, fun, entertainment, and enjoyable conversation, particularly prominent in Ireland.[1][2][3] It is often used with the definite article – the craic[1] – as in the expression "What's the craic?" (meaning "How are you?" or "What's happening?").

Edited by Skye Prower

I have to say I like the first suggestion since we are SCANF and the Sonic part is optional. Because as I have said before if we always include Sonic in the titles it makes us sound exclusive to Sonic.

I have to say I like the first suggestion since we are SCANF and the Sonic part is optional. Because as I have said before if we always include Sonic in the titles it makes us sound exclusive to Sonic.

Same I like the first one.

The only real reason I wanted Sonic in the title is because we are a Sonic site and it is our origin and therefore something to embrace

But I agree with the others. Although the double S slightly irritates me I think it's good enough name to go with

Sounds like we have a name!

Okay, we have something: the name. Now, what else do we need?

What do we need..... okay....

First.  Who wants in on this, What will you be doing, and do you want to be there at the start, or wait a bit?

Second..... anyone know how to make videos? ;-p

Third.  Design a logo.

1: I want in
2: I know how to record. Not how to edit
3: I've done graphic design. I'm happy to design it as long as ideas are put in to making it

1: Now I can help but I am not joining the official team.

2: I have made videos before and would suggest for starting out the Windows movie maker program is a good starting point to learn how to edit.

3: I will leave this part to the others.

On point 2, windows movie maker WAS good, but the windows 7 version is RUBBISH!  Dunno about 10 though.

I have Windows 7 so I doubt the Windows 10 version will work on mine

As for what you said Geoffrey that was what I was planning on looking at if I did need to edit anyway

What do we need..... okay....

First.  Who wants in on this, What will you be doing, and do you want to be there at the start, or wait a bit?

Second..... anyone know how to make videos? ;-p

Third.  Design a logo.

Well I'd like to do let's plays and just rants about stuff (cause I am ranty) so I'm in..

I do not know how to make videos tho .__. or how to edit, I am so new at this...

Logo you say.....?

Shinomi, Dylan, we could come up with a logo, right?

Aside from that, I have no idea what I could help. Maybe organising different sections? Like "Rants of a Furious Shinomi" or "Skye Reviews...", but maybe someone else should do that. Like someone who actually knows how to plan this kind of stuff...

1 person likes this

Like someone who actually knows how to plan this kind of stuff...

I don't think many of us really know what we're doing :P

But as I said. Am happy to do logo if all of us share ideas on that

Like someone who actually knows how to plan this kind of stuff...

I don't think many of us really know what we're doing :P

But as I said. Am happy to do logo if all of us share ideas on that

Should it be something like.. Well first of all Sonic related, but something that also gives out the impression it's not JUST that? Like... something... like.. Idk.. GreenHill Zone hill and some character representing our community? and our letters ofc (the page's name)

It should be noted that I is terrible at ideas...and technology...

Well, Thire I think has some experience, and hey, other people have managed, so it can;t be THAT hard to set up youtube.  It;s more the vids themselves that'll be tricky.

I'll leave the logo design to others, not quite my area of expertise! ;-p 

Should it be something like.. Well first of all Sonic related, but something that also gives out the impression it's not JUST that? Like... something... like.. Idk.. GreenHill Zone hill and some character representing our community? and our letters ofc (the page's name)

Green hill zone as a background sounds like a good idea. And yeah. I agree we need SCANF in the there. Hmm... whether we need a character though... I'm not sure about that

As for videos I can tell you how to record with OBS which is free. It looks more complicated than it actually is

Thire might have a different way which he can explain

1 person likes this

Green hill zone as a background sounds like a good idea. And yeah. I agree we need SCANF in the there. Hmm... whether we need a character though... I'm not sure about that

As for videos I can tell you how to record with OBS which is free. It looks more complicated than it actually is

Thire might have a different way which he can explain

Glad you like the idea. I don't know about the character either tho, as for the zone pic, I thought we should stay with the "classics"

Actually based upon Shini's idea I thought of a funny twist. I say we put in five characters in the logo in a particular order. The order is:

Sonic, Charmy bee, Amy Rose, Eggman Nega and a Flicky.

In that order is spells out SCANF.

1 person likes this

Mmmm... interesting idea... I think it might be a bit too much for a logo

Though thinking about it on a YouTube channel, there's the icon and a channel banner. I was mostly thinking about the icon which something like that wouldn't work for but the banner would need thought too. And it might work

Though would we want that or would we want that? Or should we add our 'avatar's' that we'd use to represent us in there

Well perhaps you should just create a banner for now and who ever is the lead of the video have their personal logo appear.

Well I think we had suggested a bit ago to have like a video game character select thing to show who's playing

In theory I could probably make that in Flash but it would take a bit of time

I'd say don't have characters on the logo

But I like the Sonic characters  to spell out Sonic idea.  Given it's Sonic SCANF, we should have Sonic and 5 others on one side, and we don;t need to restrict ourselves to game characters,  And on the other side, have our avatars.