Frostryu

It's over, isn't it?

22 posts in this topic

So can we call it official now? The artists are looking for new work, writers likewise, but Archie won't say anything. The run is done. Isn't it over?

Honestly let's not call it over until it's been made official

While all the signs are pointing in that direction, we can't say officially until....well.... it's said officially!  It might be the artists are just in the dark as we are and are looking for extra work just in case

I think if that was the case they would have dropped us SOMETHING. Instead of canceling all the sonic comics, the release of a book that was 99.9% un-sue-able, and otherwise having no news one way or another for, what, 4 months now? The info points to them just moving on.

(Dang, had to break the pattern there.)

Honestly let's not call it over until it's been made official

Being brutally optimistic here, but maybe it's been dragged out for 4 months because someone's fighting for it?

That... that would be awesome. Unlikely, but awesome. And probably futile, but awesome. Probably  Lord Flynn.

That is why I decided I would help in my own way. Now, this is entirely up to all of you, but I'm forming a petition with my friends and we're growing rather strong at the moment. If you could lend your assistance by signing with us, we'd all appreciate it. https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/project-all-freedom

Online petitions don't bring legal obligation. You could have every single living person signing it, yet it could just be ignored. That's the reason I never sign any. You're that much desperate to save the comic ? Then have the guts and start a proper petition with real signatures that can have a real legal impact.

There no need to be so hostile Chapmic.  Just because there hasn't been a paper petition, doesn't mean he doesn't 'have guts'.  Besides, online petitions can be a good indicator of how strong the drive is.

And given how big the world is these days, it can be kinda hard to, say, sign a petition in the US if you live in Europe! 

I know, but it's just another online petition among countless others that will just fail and won't even reach SEGA. But if they still want to do things online, then people who want to save the comic should organize together instead of doing small actions by themselves that won't even be noticed.

I know, but it's just another online petition among countless others that will just fail and won't even reach SEGA. But if they still want to do things online, then people who want to save the comic should organize together instead of doing small actions by themselves that won't even be noticed.

This isn't small, though. We're banding together as fans and gathering ourselves together, so that we can all attempt to save the comics, together.

There no need to be so hostile Chapmic.  Just because there hasn't been a paper petition, doesn't mean he doesn't 'have guts'.  Besides, online petitions can be a good indicator of how strong the drive is.

And given how big the world is these days, it can be kinda hard to, say, sign a petition in the US if you live in Europe! 

Thank you. You remind me of my friend who gave me the inspiration needed for this, and to all try together.

Thank you. You remind me of my friend who gave me the inspiration needed for this, and to all try together.

You're welcome.  I hope the petition is successful.

1 person likes this

Oh what the heck. I can't lie to myself. I'm signing.

1 person likes this

Oh what the heck. I can't lie to myself. I'm signing.

Thank you.

Ladies and Gents, we finally have confirmation on the comic's status:

Unfortunately, the era of Archie Sonic is officially over.

*sniff* They will be missed, and I hope whoever SEGA chooses next will have better luck.

And better hire Flynn. This is what he does and he's awesome at it. And maybe then he could finish some stuff up. Not likely, but still we dream the dream.

Well... That's pretty sad

At least its not really the end of comics altogether

Sad news, but given everything, not surprising in the least.

So we definately have an answer to this topic's title: and sadly, it's yes.

All the readers won't see the end of the storylines, and won't enjoy the work of marvelous artists. And my dream of drawing official Sonic comics is dead.

Great. 

So we definately have an answer to this topic's title: and sadly, it's yes.

All the readers won't see the end of the storylines, and won't enjoy the work of marvelous artists. And my dream of drawing official Sonic comics is dead.

Great. 

Are you sure you've read the whole news ? Sega will eventually give us news on a new Sonic comic. One that won't be in constant legal problems.

And really guys, don't only see the bad things. Good stuff might come out of this. We could even get an official expanded universe. New stories expanding the universe all the way from Sonic 1, maybe even before. Wouldn't you be excited to finally have an official Sonic and Robotnik first meeting ? And, come on, I'm pretty sure that a group of dedicated fans will eventually make a fan continuation. Fleetway got one, SatAM got one, Pre-Super Genesis Wave continuity got one that will also have a conclusion to Underground as originally planned. Only AoStH didn't have one, but it never really had major plot anyway, and "Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine" can actually being considered as a conclusion to it. Unofficially, none of the big adaptations were really dead when you think about it. Although SatAM is going through a hell of a hard time since quite some time now.

Edit: And there you go. I told you.

I knew it would be fine. And they chose the company I had in mind to replace Archie.

Edited by Chapmic
New info
1 person likes this