6 posts in this topic

This seems to be the next popular indie game, so as such, obligatory topic is obligatory.

I played it through once, enjoyed it. Loved the characters, loved the style, and the story was touching, heartwarming and suspenseful all at once.

Gameplay-wise it was also fun, but the platforming elements could've used a bit more tuning in my opinion.

Night in the Woods is available on PC and PS4. It tells the story of Mae, a college dropout coming back to her hometown, but home isn't exactly what it used to be.

Post your thoughts below.

1 person likes this

I haven't played the game myself (hope to one day do that though)

but I've seen some let's plays and it is amazing game. I really love Mae's character (relatable) and pretty much the entire gang, I also thought it has a lot of replay value. Since there are tons of small events and side characters to talk to, the Possum Springs itself might be a small place, but it sure looks big in the game. 

The game doesn't give out hints from the mystery part easily, and it sure makes it interesting, Besides the fact you can choose your own answers (which I assume can make things better or worse depending on what you choose) is cool. The game DOES tell a lot later on, and answers to pretty much all of the questions from the characters, but it does leave some things as a mystery, which I think is great.

Yeah. I probably would agree with a lot of what you said. Haven't played the game myself but looks pretty cool. Mae is indeed relatable

I remember close to the end thinking it reminded me of the film "Hot Fuzz". Wasn't quite that but still wasn't disappointed

Also... best character 

tumblr_om26xslxsW1stlizjo1_500.gif

Isn't he adorable?

1 person likes this

Yeah. I probably would agree with a lot of what you said. Haven't played the game myself but looks pretty cool. Mae is indeed relatable

I remember close to the end thinking it reminded me of the film "Hot Fuzz". Wasn't quite that but still wasn't disappointed

Also... best character 

Hidden Content

GREGGORY!!! (I will never ever hear anyone else than Jacksepticeye while seeing the pics of them o_o )

The gamier aspects of Night in the Woods aren’t its strength, but it does make good use of being interactive. The fact that you can largely choose which characters you want to interact with -- and how frequently -- gives the connections you build a more personal feeling. Perhaps it’s the fact that you’ve searched them out, as opposed to having them forced on you.
rolling sky

Finished it recently. Just want moar. Why did it have to be so short. T.T

Spoiler ahead.

RIP Casey TT_TT

Edited by NMS