Spark_Volt

Archie App No New Sonic Comics

21 posts in this topic

The latest comics showing up on the Archie Comics Android app are SU#94 and StH#290. I've looked it up, and there are newer issues, so where are they?

The latest comics showing up on the Archie Comics Android app are SU#94 and StH#290. I've looked it up, and there are newer issues, so where are they?

Short version: Nobody knows.

Long version: Subscriptions for the Sonic titles pretty much disappeared from Archie not long after SU#94's release, which caused people to start worrying about the comic. New solicits still appeared that month (January, I believe) but were mysteriously absent the following month.

Unfortunately, Archie haven't spoken about Sonic AT ALL since the subscription removals. Couple that with constant delays to the next releases (STH#291, SU#95 and Mega Drive: Overdrive) and the situation seems dire. Best-case scenario is that this is due to renewing the license for Sonic with SEGA. Worse-case scenario is that Archie haven't renewed it, meaning the end of Archie Sonic.

It's a complicated situation. The comics that were going to be released where delayed, though Archie still hasn't said anything about it, and with how the trial is going it seems as though they want to wash their hands with Sonic.

.... There's another trial? Why? 

... *sigh* could someone please fill me in?

.... There's another trial? Why? 

... *sigh* could someone please fill me in?

Long story short Scott filed a lawsuit against Archie for breach of Copyright work. Archie tried to sue him back but the judge threw it out.

So, is there a way to get the newer issues?

so the date for sonic 291 has been canceled and Archie is said to give people something about it at the end of the month.

I swear, I'll end up doing a full Archie fan project if they cancel the series. 

I can assist!

Maybe we need a community of fan continuations to the series...

Edited by Spark_Volt

Fans that actually know what they're doing! Not like some other fan stuff I've seen...

While it would be great to get a collaboration of people together to continue this is Archie goes down (And heck, I'd love to help) the trouble is.... well..... ask 10 Sonic fans what they want, and you'll get 11 different answers!  Getting a group of people who can agree can be pretty tricky

Skye's got a point. It would take a heck of a lot of organisation, planning, and dedication just to get a project like that off the ground. It could take months (possibly over a year) just to come up with, and release, a "first issue". I mean, if you're certain that you'd have the dedication to see it through to the bitter end, then... go for it, I guess.

At least Archie seem to be giving out some kind of info by the end of the month, so that's good.

I didn't necessarily mean multiple users working on one series, but rather, a site hosting multiple alternative continuations.

Edited by Spark_Volt

This would be a similar site to Archie Sonic Online, but picking up at the end of the comics, instead of expanding on pre-genesis.

Edited by Spark_Volt

One of my dreams was (and still is) to draw the official Sonic comics, but if they get cancelled, here you have an amateur comic artist/writer to assist! We don't need to have the same opinions or think exactly the same about the franchise. What we need is the real super-power of teamwork. Or just simply a good organization, as others fan-projects such a Mobius Legends or the Sonic The Comic Online have achieved.

About the cancellation, I hope it ends up being nothing but a small problem...

Well, if things do go south with the comics I would like to help any fan revival.  My arts pretty terrible, and my dialog writing can be a little clunky, but I think quite a few people here can agree that plot and storylines are a strong suite for me.

And fingers crossed ChaosKaiser.  Fingers crossed.