Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

Ah yes, true that was epic don't think Shadow will need to use chaos blast for this one though lol.

Haha, Bean has become the ultimate comic relief in this comics, looks like Ian has given us what we were looking for in his character development.

As for the Alien energy Fixit felt, it can be certain that it's Eclipse, right?

I have to say, so far since the reboot started I haven't been that impressed. I think a lot of that has to do that they're still having to deal with 'introductions. (Plus, I'm disliking the 'idea' or a soft reboot more and more and would have prefered a full on one, but I won't get into that here.

Most of what I've read has been 'alright' or at most 'good'.

Except for this Arc. I'm loving it!

Bean is proving hilarious, as is, unexpectedly, Espio! "THAT'S NOT HOW NINJA VANISH!"

You do have a good point Chosen One. I wouldn't say certain, but I'd certainly say 'very likely'

One interesting note, Knux's into box said 'Last of his Kind'. Yup, no more Echidna's gonna show now. Unless the Nocturnus rock up.

Well... I enjoyed this on the most part. Bean is... his usual funny self. I'm really happy they decided to put him in more. Espio seems to be becoming somewhat of a comic relief too. THAT'S NOT HOW NINJAS VANISH! Heh heh

The whole comic in fact was a series of laughs right after each other from all the different characters. Right up to where Vector uses Knuckles as a Chaos energy detector

And we see Chip. For the first time in the comics! Yay! Now he can be cute without annoying the people who hate his voice ;)

And as for the Nocturnous showing up, I personally don't see that happening. They were made as homage to the Dark Legion, weren't they? And it ended with... let's not go there actually

Point is, the comic was enjoyable. And the one thing I wasn't so sure about was the joke about the text bubble being the wrong way around. While it was funny, I'm not so sure about it being in there.

Yep. My only complaint. Rest was enjoyable. Keep it up

I thought this was a fun issue, Bean was as amusing as ever, in fact everyone had their moments in this one. It did feel a bit like filler so they could find Chip, it was an issue devoted to setting things up rather than anything happening, but I know that's necessary and it was enjoyable nonetheless, so I'm not criticisng it for that. And I think Eclipse is the most likely source of the alien signature. On a side note, Nack's laser revolver gave me a laugh. I guess he had to upgrade from firing corks at people eventually. As for the echidnas, frankly I'm kind of glad Knuckles is the last of his kind. I've always preferred that backstory for him.

Okay, time for my thoughts on Issue #64:

An alright issue overall. The beginning was pretty funny, with Bean stealing the show thanks to that little Deadpool moment and 'NINJA VANISH' (followed by Espio's criticism), along with everyone just stopping the fight when they realise no-one has the Emerald. Too bad the Hooligans only appear again for one page after that, though I do like how it shows Bark not exactly feeling enthusiastic about working for Eggman. Aside from that, however, it just seemed to be more chatter between Knux and the Chaotix. And though that's not necessarily bad, I felt like it did kinda drag on a little bit, but this could make sense depending on how the next issue plays out. Speaking of future issues, it seems like Relic's and Fixit's little segments (though it has a little extra backstory) really just serves as a teaser for 'Total Eclipse', as I'm pretty sure that 'alien energy reading' is actually Eclipse's escape shuttle. Overall, I thought the issue was okay, but nothing special aside from Chip.

As always I enjoyed Bean's antics. Alien reading, we all know what it is.

Might as well say what I thought.

This was a little rinse and repeat from the last one really. More banter from Knuckles and the Chaotix, fear of ghosts etc. However it wasn't at all bad. This issue actually gave me a few chuckles, with Bean's fourth wall breaking, his "ninja vanish", Vector's clever use of Charmy during tax season, that metal detector moment, it was quite funny.

I also liked how Bark isn't completely evil over the world shattering. Maybe that will come to something, but I honestly haven't a clue. Really, I was hoping for more of Team Hooligan, but I guess the second half of this arc will do that.

On that little Relic and Fixit sub plot, it looks like Total Eclipse is getting some build up which is good. Makes me think Eclipse might just make a one page appearance in this arc somewhere. There's not too much going on in the first half of this caper really, but since the Sonic comics have been really fast paced recently, it only stands to reason that the newer stories slow things down. However I'm getting the vibe that the next half will be more in the vein of Treasure Team Tango if the solicits are correct, only with Chip being caught in the middle of it all.

Story wise, it's not very fast, but art wise, it's just fantastic. Yardley cranked it up to eleven with the artwork this time and I can only guess it'll be the same from here on.

Not to disrespect fishpeople from main comic, but Relic gets two pages per issue and she's already seems like more interesting character.

Also Marvelous Queen look completely different in this issue. Was she off-model all this time before reboot?

Hey all! Who's up for new covers and solicits!

SU_68_Cover.jpgSU_68_Variant.jpg

The FIRST EVER Sonic Universe trilogy continues HERE in 'Total Eclipse' Part Two! Knuckles leads Team Dark's Rouge and Omega into the wilds of the Red Mountains, searching for the mysterious Dark Arms. But while the echidna's away, the darklings will play-but darklings don't play for fun-they play to kill! With Knuckles' back turned, the evil Eclipse attacks Shadow the Hedgehog! Can even the ultimate life-form withstand Eclipse's terrifying Monster Form?! Find out in the second chapter of THE DARK TRILOGY! And don't miss the new cover art from Tracy Yardley and returning Sonic painter Ben Hunzeker-plus an all-new 'TABLOID' variant cover by Jonathan H. Gray, Jim Amash and Matt Herms!

That Varient! Pfft! I never pictured Snively saying such words given his previous reactions to his hair

Anyway, this looks interesting to me. What do you guys think?

I'm interested as well

I guess Fixit's the third wheel

Hehehe...

There's something really pleasing to see John Gray at last do a cover. But that main one looks really cool. The story sounds a treat as well. However I'm hoping they won't make Eclipse fight Shadow in the same vein as Omega.

Hey all! Who's up for new covers and solicits!

SU_68_Cover.jpgSU_68_Variant.jpg

That Varient! Pfft! I never pictured Snively saying such words given his previous reactions to his hair

Anyway, this looks interesting to me. What do you guys think?

Pffffffftt........ I can't believe SNIVELY said it first! Eggy already got called "baldy nosehair" and Snively's OKAY with being bald.... xD

Just read SU #65 and...

What can I say, it's going at the right direction and I can deduct what might happened next since my knowledge on the games is very limited, all I can do is remain in wonder for another month and wait patiently for the resolving issue.

First time getting to know who Chip is, and he has become an interesting character...specially with his 'ambrosia'. What I like of the issue was the small comic relief that keep popping up, specially with some of the commentaries the Chaotix make. Also, Ian left us with another cliffhanger aside from the faith of Chip and Knuckles and the Chaotix, with the brief appearance of Eclipse...

This just keeps getting more interesting.

My thoughts on #65

It is getting very interesting and going the right way, I'm excited to see what happens next. Charmy and Knuckles reciting a couple lines from Unknown from M.E. and Knuckles getting a little annoyed by it was enjoyable. Will Knuckels and the Chaotix defeat the Dark Gaia monster and save Chip from the Hooligans? We're just going to have to wait and see

Just read SU #65 and...

What can I say, it's going at the right direction and I can deduct what might happened next since my knowledge on the games is very limited, all I can do is remain in wonder for another month and wait patiently for the resolving issue.

First time getting to know who Chip is, and he has become an interesting character...specially with his 'ambrosia'. What I like of the issue was the small comic relief that keep popping up, specially with some of the commentaries the Chaotix make. Also, Ian left us with another cliffhanger aside from the faith of Chip and Knuckles and the Chaotix, with the brief appearance of Eclipse...

This just keeps getting more interesting.

Yeah, and lets face it, if the world was falling apart, a little comic relief IS a requirement (sort of). xD

I think Eclipse is the one character I'm sort of interested in as far as baddies go. Like, Will he be completely evil through and through or will he join the good guys, that kind of stuff. After all, he's a brand new character that no-one actually knows much about yet. :3

No, I'm pretty certain Eclipse is a baddie and will stay a baddie. He kinda lost everything because of Shadow so won't exactly be willing to join the good guys

Speaking of Eclipse, it's that time once again! Here are the covers and solicitation for the upcoming Issue #69 (...heh...): "Total Eclipse" Part 3!

NhSEqc2.pngts50JtR.png

The first-ever Sonic Universe trilogy rolls on in 'Total Eclipse,' Part 3! As the Dark Trilogy inches closer to its shocking conclusion, it's a no holds barred battle between Knuckles and Shadow for the fate of Angel Island and the Master Emerald! As Sonic's top rivals clash, the rest of Team Dark and Relic are attacked by Eclipse and the terrifying power of the Dark Arms! Featuring all-new cover art from Tracy Yardley, Jim Amash and Ben Hunzeker, and part 1 of a 3-part connecting 'SUPER SMASH' collector cover set!

The 'Smash' variant is part of a 3-piece connecting cover (a la 'Countdown To Chaos' and the upcoming 'Sonic Boom' Issue #1), along with Sonic #266 and Mega Man #42, and I LOVE IT! It seems that Knuckles and Shadow are still fighting over the Master Emerald (I'm kinda surprised that Rouge isn't the one fighting for it, at least according to the solicits), but hey. At least we finally see the Dark Arms, and... as some people over at the Bumbleking Forums have said, most of them look like Black Arms-Wisp hybrids. Er... okay then. Also, the main cover's little jab at Knuckles' failure to guard the Master Emerald is just priceless for me. So, what do you guys think?

Knuckles... you had ONE job!

That brought a smile to my face. I how that line was added to the cover. Hopefully it will be interesting

And those Dark Arms thingies... Um... I wouldn't really call them terrifying. Cute is closer to the word I'm looking for

Main cover...hilarious

And yeah those Dark Arm critters don't look like a real threat but you never know

Err... I was sort of expecting the Dark Arms to be more towards Eclipse's look than Wisps. I certainly didn't expect this. It makes me more stoked for this arc weirdly :P

So does anyone know when at what point in the regular Sonic the Hedgehog comics that I should begin reading Universe? I was thinking around maybe issue 200--I'm currently at issue 147--is this good timing, or should I wait longer. I know that Universe makes several references to the events that take place within the regular comic, so I just do not want to be left out of the loop when I do finally begin reading Universe. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for me? I would really appreciate the feedback.

So does anyone know when at what point in the regular Sonic the Hedgehog comics that I should begin reading Universe? I was thinking around maybe issue 200--I'm currently at issue 147--is this good timing, or should I wait longer. I know that Universe makes several references to the events that take place within the regular comic, so I just do not want to be left out of the loop when I do finally begin reading Universe. Does anyone out there have any suggestions for me? I would really appreciate the feedback.

If I remember correct, Sonic Universe #1 begins due to an event in Issue #196 of the main series (as well as Sonic X #40, but that one can be skipped). So you can wait a little longer, then maybe start reading each comic back-to-back from there. (For example, read Issue #196, then Universe #1, then main Issue #197, Universe #2 etc.)