Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

Good way to start an arc.

I'm glad to see the chaotix as dectectives and I'm delighted to see Team Hooligan.

I have to agree, I thought this was a very good opening issue. The humour was enjoyable, I especially liked Espio's wall walking, and it was nice to see Pumpkin Hill show up. The character of Relic was introduced well enough and didn't come off as annoying or anything, so ti should be good to see what happens to her and her robotic companion. Overall it's a sign of good things to come.

WAT!? I made a character called Relic! AGH All my ideas seem to get taken :( Oh well :)

Just had a skim over the topic. You've got me all looking forward to reading the new issue now.

I curious what role Relic will play in the rest of the arc. I got to say her hair looks odd, but I do like her clothing. I swear, if there is one thing OC makers cant do right is Sega-like clothing. Fixit looks fun, thought I got to ask - Robians aside is there is some kind of rule against female robots? The only one in entire franchise I can think of are the ones that dont look like robots - Breezie, M. Auto-Automatons o Sally or Fiona... oh and Metal Amy. I know technically they're genderless but that didnt stop Omega from developing crush on Blaze.

Though on plus side he's a good guy. So far all new male characters were villains (Black Death, Eclipse, Tundra, Axel, Capt. Metal and lackess, apparently shark and shrimp if future StH), while all women are heroes (Relic, Coral, Amanda). We need new vilanesses btw.

In FCBD Rotor's dad makes appearance, and while he's not evil, he's huge jerk.

On non gender-related matter, I'm confused by that line about "royal hand-out" in last issue. Is the implication that Sally isnt paying them? Why? It not as if princess could afford it, and I think they deserve something for collecting Mobius's most powerful artifacts. It's not exactly an everyday neighbor's favor, you know.

Well, the Chaotix usually end up not getting paid at the end of each job.

But thats usually because they have good hearts and they will help those in need who cant pay them on the house. But Sally isn't poor lady looking for lost child. She is princess who ask for really big favor and is practically taking advantage of them now. Its one thing when writers life isn't fair for Chaotix for the sake of the joke, another when characters aren't fair for them.

And the world is split apart...do they really need to get paid to do the right thing and help fix it?

The Chaotix are nice people. They would probably do it for free but they still need some way to feed themselves and put a roof over their head

Edited by Dylan

The Chaotix ate nice people

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: ...And I trusted them

The Chaotix ate nice people.

Maybe it was a case of 'you are what you eat'. So they got changed into nice people? So you can trust them now?

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: ...And I trusted them

Maybe it was a case of 'you are what you eat'. So they got changed into nice people? So you can trust them now?

You both know what I mean! :P

(Changed it)

So that's what Sally didnt want to pay them. Cause then they would eat her! Clever girl... ^_^

Yeah, I know what you mean. :lol:

Yeah, now it all makes perfect sense. The reason they never have money is because they eat their clients. Hmm... guess Eggman was lucky to get away in Sonic Heroes then

Maybe that's the real reason he has a robotic limb in some versions. The Chaotix demanded their payment...

Their prices must cost an arm and a leg... literally

1 person likes this

Eggman's just lucky they didn't rip off his mustache.

Guys, I just learned something from BumbleKing. MAJOR SPOILERS.

Sonic Universe #67 will act as part one of "Total Eclipse," a follow-up to the "Shadow Fall" and "The Great Chaos Caper" arcs, and will be the final chapter in the "Dark Trilogy." After Eclipse's survival of the Black Arms' destruction back in #62, Team Dark has trekked to Angel Island in order to track him down. Will Knuckles give hospitality and co-operate?

Am I asking a stupid question? And it looks like there's gonna be a lot of heroes and villains in this story, who Eclipse will be ready to slaughter the first chance he gets!

I'm so hyped up for this. It'll be a heck of an issue.

Well, as BlueBlur has pointed out above me, there are indeed new covers and solicits for Issue #67 - Total Eclipse, Part 1 (spoilered due to size):

3836797-sonicuniverse_67.jpg3836799-sonicuniverse_67var.jpg

BRAND NEW STORY ARC! The events of "Shadow Fall" and "Chaos Caper" have clashed to collision in the epic new tale -- "Total Eclipse" Part One! The third chapter in the DARK TRILOGY begins here as Team Dark comes to Angel Island on the hunt for Eclipse. But Knuckles isn’t known for his hospitality! Sparks begin to fly as he and Shadow clash over how to protect the world! Meanwhile, the sinister Eclipse hunts our heroes! It's the first-ever SU TRILOGY and you'll be in on the ground floor with this titanic new issue, featuring cover art from TRACY YARDLEY and a special "PIXEL CUTSCENE" variant from Ryan Jampole!

Interesting how they're turning this into a trilogy. (It kinda reminds me of this one time the Pokemon movies tried the same thing...) Looks like those 'After The Credits' scenes in Issue #62 were more connected than we thought. Aside from that, it seems like it'll start off with a typical 'Hero vs. Hero' battle, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. Also, it looks like the cover styles will be recieving a change, what with the 'Archie Action Series' on the front. What are your thoughts on this, guys?

Wow. This is exciting. I'm liking the look of it

And i guess we'll be finding out some more about "Doctor Julian"

I'm looking forward to it.

Makes you wonder how one Dr.Julian Snively plays in this

Very excited to see shadow and eclipse get the spotlight once more, as far as I recall Ive never seen an issue where shadow and knuckles fight.

Bean breaks the fourth wall next issue. We finally have the "Deadpool" Bean we always wanted.