Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

I think they are taking this "no family" thing a little far. Those two have always been related. Wait... that mean Snively is his last name now instead of his first name! ARGH!

I knew these Sega mandates would backfire somehow. Not massively or anything, but they do get a bit irritating.

It seems that, out of all the redesigns so far, this is the one that people are not happy about. I'm ok with it myself, but it definately came out of left field.

That might be part of the reason people don't like it. They really weren't expecting it. The rest of the redesigns for the freedom fighters were expected more. I'm not much of a fan of Rotor's redesign but I guess I'm more used to it than Snively's so I don't dislike it as much.

That being said, there is no redesign that I hate more than Knuckles' redesign for Sonic Boom

Let's face it: Snively's redesign is awesome when compared to Knuckles' redesign.

No. ANY redesign is awesome compared to Knuckles' redesign

Now that its stated that Snively is not related to Robotnik ,making him so obviously based on him is only more baffling. This comics has already enough elements and characaters heavily inspired by sega (Cpt. Metal, Black Death, Eta, Twister), we dont need to kill originality in old characters.

It's been a while since I last did these, but here are the covers and solicitation for Issue #66: The finale to 'The Great Chaos Caper'!

1347349_ful.jpg1347348_ful.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #66: (W) Ian Flynn (A) Jim Amash & Various (CA) Brent McCarthy

The Great Chaos Caper, Part Four: This is it - the frantic finale full of flustered fighters! In one corner, trying to complete his mission and save the world, is Knuckles! In the other corner, a titanic Dark Gaia beast! The Chaotix and Hooligans continue to tussle, a wounded spirit and Chaos Emerald are being tossed about, and the flood waters are pouring in! Don't miss this crazy conclusion to the 'Great Chaos Caper!'

Sounds interesting, especially that bit about 'flood waters' the 'wounded spirit' and the Chaos Emerald. A possible connection to 'Waves of Change', anyone?

At a rough guess the 'wounded Spirit' is probably referring to Chip. Is that because of his amnesia, or is he actually hurt?

I suspect amnesia. He's not exactly gonna be the best of help if he can't remember who he is

You know when I heard there was a Sonic VS Knuckles cover, I was so sure it would be the Werehog. Guess I was expecting too much.

Just finished reading Issue #63, so here are my thoughts:

It was a good start. Seeing Knuckles' reaction to the crisis was actually pretty funny, and it's nice to see the return of Tikal and Chaos. (Especially since, thanks to the recent solicit reveals, we know where he'll be showing up...) As for Relic and Fixit, they seem like decent characters, and I think it would be cool to see Fixit learn more about his origins (perhaps even having a Universe arc focused on him and Gemerl at some point). The Chaotix are their usual... chaotic selves, which I like to see, and it's good to know that Mighty and Ray are still close friends with them. I loved the nods to both 'Knuckles Chaotix' and 'Sonic Heroes', Knuckles' 'Emerald Radar', and the lyrics of Pumpkin Hill incorporated into Knux's thoughts. Team Hooligan, though... on the one hand, it's about Darn time Nack showed up in the comics again! On the other hand, it hasn't been that long since Bean and Bark's last appearence, so I'm not sure how to feel about them returning so soon. Overall, a good start.

You almost had me hoping it uploaded to the site Nega! :P

Ditto. I went straight to the comics section! Blast you Nega for getting out hopes up! ;) :D

Haha, sorry about that, guys. :lol: I just couldn't wait any longer to review it. (That, and they were already in full swing over at BumbleKing). I'll try to slow down next time.

Heh, don't worry about it. And don't hold back. It's good to know it'll be here soon.

Good to see I wasn't alone in going to the comics

I think it came out yesterday so yeah, should be here soon. I'm excited

Well, this issue was a surprise.

It's been a while for a Universe arc to have such a good opening issue. It revealed new things and teased even more. I'll start off by saying Relic seems a really nice new character. The British accent is a nice touch as well, very fitting for someone of her profession, or is it just because I'm British :P Of course, she only appeared for two pages, but she made a good impact. As for the rest of the story I can see at last we have Dark Gaia monsters! Now this Unleashed adaption really is in full swing. One thing I'd like to note is Knuckles relationship with the Chaotix seems similar to the previous canon, but something about their interactions with Knuckles seems a bit different. I love that they're detectives now, since I always felt the Chaotix were just the Freedom Fighters Mark 2, but now they are much more comedic than before and I don't know about you guys, but I find that a great change. They provided some comedy gold, with Vector teasing Knuckles on this "her" (man those two panels were hilarious!) Espio merely walking on walls while the others climb, Charmy's fear of ghosts (and his annoying nature) and Vector's "reward sandwitch". So far, so good with this new arc.

I'm still waiting for the upload to read it sadly, but does sound interesting, cant wait to see team hooligan again

It's been uploaded, but the last page seems to be missing

One thing I'd like to note is Knuckles relationship with the Chaotix seems similar to the previous canon, but something about their interactions with Knuckles seems a bit different.

Since it's going on a more games-based setting, in this continuity Knuckles and the Chaotix haven't met anywhere near as much as last time. There last conversations in this continuity would likely have happened in either Colours or Generations, and it's hard to know how long it's been since they last teamed up together like this.

Since it's going on a more games-based setting, in this continuity Knuckles and the Chaotix haven't met anywhere near as much as last time. There last conversations in this continuity would likely have happened in either Colours or Generations, and it's hard to know how long it's been since they last teamed up together like this.

On the flipside it seems like the both have strong relations with Mighty and Ray, and that M&R may have their place of residence on Angel Island, along with traveling more

also seems like there is a running rivalry between Chaotix and Hooligan as well

I always knew Teams Hooligan and Chaotix would be great matches as rivals. Seeing them battle each other is going to be a real treat to see.