Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

Well this was certainly pleasing.

Probably the best part so far. Although like Skye, I think Black Death was being a little stupid. Eclipse is still really growing on me. He may seem like a merciless killer on the outside, but he actually does have a heart (sort of). It's great to see Omega bring the funny some more. I loved it when he was eagerly jumping in one panel :) My favourite part though was that truly epic moment when Shadow breaks the door down and it has those panels of him and Black Death to seem as though it's slow motion. Awesome. Plus it has one heck of comedic off-panel. And just as an educated guess, I'm pretty sure from what I here about escape pods and these Dark Arms, that Eclipse will definitely be leading them another time.

As some have noticed, I find interesting how Eclipse seems to care about his people, in contrast with Black Death who seems to think of them as mere expendable minions. I also like the fact that people know how high are the stakes in this situation, like the talk between the commander and Rouge and Omega,, he knows it sounds awful, but there are reasons to do it. And the "buddy-buddy" moment was one of the highlight of the issue, made better by Omega's idiosyncratic way speech. Of course, the other is the Off-Panel, never a murderous artificial alien life form was cuter.

Awwww Omega is definitely my favourit charakter of Team Dark! When Eclipse took the bomb he was dacing like a balett queen to fight Eclipse to have is bomb back.

The mixture of humor, action and this "buddy-buddy" moments were in this comic the best. I hope Eclipse is no one-charakter-for-the-Saga, and he deserves more attention, joining GUN (for example) or something else. He isn't only a Black Arms soldier and a slave from Black Death (his design is way more cooler, than his predecessor). I am so ecited about the last comic of the Shadow Fall Saga!

While I highly enjoyed this issue thanks to bonding moment and pretty much anything Omega said, I cant help but think that almost nothing happens in this issues. Part 1: Team Dark walks in. Part 2: Shadow turn evil. Part 3: Shadow is no longer evil. Part 4: Killing aliens I assume. Defeatng Shadow only takes like half of issue.The other part is completly consumed by moving characters into their places for final issue.

Off-panel oddly makes sense. Eclipse really doesnt sound like an alien.

But the four points you sum up indicates that stuff happened.

I'll give my final thoughts after I read the final part.

this is a weird post but its been bugging me. if anyone reads this, have you noticed archie have changed rouge's posture so that she looks more like sonic x rouge?personally i dont like it because it grosses me out.

NOW BOW BEFORE THE SHINY!! Classic Bean. Please don't ever change the way you are Bean. You're perfect

He is perfect! He's adorable too despite being nutter than megasized jar of peanut butter. He is definitely an interesting villian :)

Hey guys! Here are the covers for the upcoming Universe Issue #65 - The Great Chaos Caper, Part 3 (spoilered due to a new-ish character reveal):

1339703_ful.jpg1339704_ful.jpg

ARCHIE SONIC UNIVERSE ISSUE #65: Bust out your detective hats and hop on the case in 'The Great Chaos Caper', Part 3. Knuckles and the Chaotix are in the heart of the Aquatic Mines-where their only two options are to get crushed by a cave-in, or to drown! How on earth (and below earth!) can they make it out alive? And once they do, they've got to chase down the unlikely Chaos Emerald thief before Nack's team of Hooligans beat them to it! Add in ravenous Dark Gaia Monsters, and there may be too much for our heroes to handle! Featuring new cover art from Sonic comic guru Tracy Yardley and an awesome SEGA game art variant starring the Chaotix!

I'm not normally a fan of the SEGA variants, but I think this one looks... okay. On the other hand, it looks like Unleashed's plot-device is gonna debut in the comic soon!

So he IS going to appear! I liked the little guy. He was cute. I'll be interested to see him, but by looks of the cover, he's in for a rough time (I don't think I need to say his name)

Variant cover... The colours look a little off to me. That might just be my phone though

I hope chip appears.

I kinda like the variant cover.

I hope chip appears.

I kinda like the variant cover.

He is right in the cover!

This means he will not appear in the main series till much later?

The more I look at that main cover, the more I see Treasure Team Tango in this story :P At last he's here! :D What's particularly interesting is that I think Jim Amash is doing pencils.

He is right in the cover!

This means he will not appear in the main series till much later?

No, usually if someone appears in the cover, then they will appear in the storyline. Especially if their name is on there. It would be pointless otherwise

So, yeah. That means Chip will be here at last

I just realised something: the cover refers to Chip by that name, but it was Sonic who came up with the name in Unleashed. Granted, that is the name that most fans know him by (and saying his real name is a major spoiler for Unleashed), but it does make me wonder... I'm probably thinking too hard again. We'll see what happens.

Nack is a Sega made character, he first appeared in Sonic Triple Trouble for the game gear.

He's way to original to be Penders's character. Now Nic the Weasel, Nack's sister who is pretty much Nack after sex change - thats more like it. Maybe you were thinking about her.

yeah, i figured this out after doing some research into it. i guess it was me blindly hoping that Archie was giving an inch on the use of Pender's characters. oh well, better start looking ahead to the future..... that is sonic unleashed.

Just got finished reading Issue #62, and (after thinking more about it) I can tell you all right now that...

...it was okay. While Shadow does fight Black Death (who even uses familiar attacks to those who've played Shadow The Hedgehog), I didn't really find it to be the main focus. Instead, it seemed to be more focused on the bomb being activated, with Eclipse (who is revealed to have a temporarily powered-up form) taking on Omega in the background. BD's death was a highlight for me, along with the bomb blowing up, of course. As I (and likely many others) expected, Eclipse does survive (though I'm not entirely sure about the Dark Arms), threatening that his revenge will be far worse for Shadow than BD's. That being said, Eclipse's reluctance to leave (even causing Death's Eye to drag him to the escape ship) portrays him as nothing but a whining child. We'll see if his threats are legitimate or not at some point.

Also, this was the first issue of 'After The Credits Month', so here are the different endings:

In the main cover's final page, Knuckles is in the Sky Rail Zone (not to be confused with Pumpkin Hill, so no rap music) sensing a faint energy (most likely a Chaos Emerald). He mentions about how he hates to leave Angel Island, even if he's "got her looking after..." he then notices a 'shooting star' heading to the ground, which he hopes that it doesn't hit his island, as he's "got enough to deal with as it is." What he doesn't realise is that the 'shooting star' is actually the ship that Eclipse was forced to escape in...

I'll post the variant cover's final page once I've found and read it.

1 person likes this

Having read it myself:

I have to say my response is unfortunately the exact opposite of NegaMetallix. Neither Black Death or Eclipse came off as a credible threat, and Eclipse seemed to be a worse whiner that Shadow on his bad days. Overall, just something of a letdown after all the build up

I probably should've been more specific with my thoughts; Looking back at the issue... I have to agree. I don't find them to be threatening either, but BD's death is still a highlight for me. (What can I say, I like explosions.) However, I agree that Eclipse is pretty much reduced to nothing but a whining child near the end. ('Tis a shame.)

It was a good issue. Not great, but good. The fight between Black Death and Shadow felt not as intense as I would have liked (although that finishing move of Shadow's was incredible) and Eclipse really didn't perform to my expectations. I was really hoping he'd give something so much more then just some Hulk transformation and running out of juice 0.1 seconds later. However I've heard a future story with Eclipse is being planned, so I can only guess it'll be title "Eclipse: The Quest For More Power." Overall this arc was good, just not as great as others, which is a shame, since I've come to really like Eclipse. Actually come to think of it I wouldn't be surprised if he does try to become more powerful next time we see him. Also, I felt kind of weirdly sorry for the Black Arms. It sort of put Team Dark in a villainous light from a certain point of view. So in conclusion, it was good, but sort of left me wanting something stronger in the villainous powers department. Just want to note however I loved that Black Arms' shuttle design.

I agree that Black Death's death was the highlight, that chaos blast was very cool. Though neither Death nor Eclipse seemed very threatening. I enjoyed Omega's wisecracking and Rouge's outburst at the end. Overall I thought this was a good issue. And I think it's obvious we'll be seeing Eclipse again at some point.