Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

If he lasts long enough that is

It's like I said. I don't want him to be a one trick pony that comes in for this arc and then gets booted into the dead character bin.

According to the Sonic Super Special Magazine, "Black Death" was made as a replacement for Black Doom, and "Eclipse" was made to counter Shadow any way he could.

So, Eclipse is basically going to be an 'Anti-Shadow'? (Well, ok, he's not the Anti-Shadow, assuming there even is one on Moebius...)

I think Moebius anti-shadow Would be called Shade. (Unless he was the one to die this time)

Actually I think it would be "Terios" , his original name. Shade is already taken, anyway.

Or did you expect female named Shadow the Echidna?

We got a dude named Knuckles . Beside, It would be fitting, as Shades became nothing but a .... shadow of her former self.

I agree with MetalSkulkBane. Terios would be far more fitting a name for an Anti-Shadow. I mean Shade just doesn't really fit, since plenty of fans will just get Shade the Echidna in their heads.

This off-panel make me laugh for all the right reason . I like it.

Also , Maybe we should wait for the conclusion of the current arc , before saying anything .

That made me laugh. Brilliant. And I don't think Marine will be given a chance to draw any more stories

That sure is one funny off-panel :lol: Though, I suggest Marine pursue a different path of career.

pfft.png

Glimpse at the new off-panel.

Did you get this off Bumbleking?

Edited by BlueBlur62391

Just a friendly reminder:

Any posts asking when the next Sonic Universe or any other of the comics will be released will be removed instantly. Do it too much and the warning points join in on the fun.

Just... do it people.

Now that that's out of the way.. Here it is.

SonicUniv%2358.jpg

So yeah, it took longer than expected. Still, I expect you to still follow the rule I just mentioned. I don't have second thoughts about removing those posts or topics. On with the comic though... I have a bit of mixed feelings about the conclusion. It was nice to see Burning Blaze, but it all went to fast and unmemorable that I almost forgot it already. It was not a bad issue, definitely not, but there could have been more out of it. And where has Eggman Nega been? I thought this arc would be his first show in the spotlight. My hopes got crushed.

Wow, Pirate Plunder Panic was really good, but I am so totally looking forward to Shadow Fall!

I'm a really big fan of shadow, just look at the back of sonic universe 51

Well here are my thoughts on the issue;

I've got similar feelings to Shadow above, in that I don't think this was a bad issue, after all everything was coherent and the artwork was very good as usual, but it did all seem rather rushed. There was never any real sense of danger or urgency, more just Burning Blaze appearing then going to town on Metal, which while I enjoyed seeing, I felt like there could've been more happening in between.

With that out of the way, I too am looking forward to the upcoming Shadow Fall arc (No surprise there). All of the covers and blurbs posted here have piqued my interest.

My thoughts

Disappointed with the finale in general. There wasn't much action and it never seemed like they were in too much trouble. As has already been said, Nega didn't appear, which was disappointing. That said, Burning Blaze was pretty cool and although Bean seemed to have less of a part than in the others, I'm finding it interesting that he and Bark were shown as the good guys in this one. Only time will tell if this is the same in the future

Shadow arc next. Certainly looks interesting

I'm laughing at the off-panel right now, it seems even Marine's a Silvaze fan. Too bad Blaze burned it up.

Well, this was certainly something for me to talk about.

As much as I agree with Dylan that the pacing was a bit too quick off the mark, the artwork was typical Yardley; awesome magnificence. I'm not too upset Nega's wasn't in this arc. I've gotten used to the blatant mentions and no appearances. Captain Metal has proven himself to be a competent villain and I like how powerful he was, but I think he could've fought back at Burning Blaze just a little bit. The again aster all he did to her, Blaze sort of deserved to own him in battle. I was a little sad to see such little talk from Bean, but I think Yardley didn't want him to hog all the issues time, since he's sort of had his time in the spotlight in this arc. And I only just realised this recently, but anyone notice how much alike he is to Deadpool? Anyway, I sill liked how Bean and Bark were so heroic in this issue. I hope this changes their overall dynamic for the comic, so they can be on the good side some more. I must say there was a sense of girl power, which I sort of liked :P As an issue this was a great issue with high stakes, but a little problematic with pacing, but as an arc Pirate Plunder Panic was a real treat to read. Get Yardley on more writing projects I say!

Guess its time for me to say my piece

-Actuall much better than previous Yardley! SU.

- He could work on pacing. Things like Bean backstabbing Metal, Metal in Egg O' War, Kraken or Whisker appearance are to short

- Speaking of which pirates characterisation was slighlty off. Whisker was goofy pirate who had hard time remembering what he just did without Mini and Mum - here they were just Orbot/Cubot and Eggman knockoffes.

- Off-Panels are suprisingly done not by Flynn or Yardley! but by Aleah Baker, Flynn's wife and I got to say wouldnt mind seeing her more at all.

- Its funny how Blaze had to saved twice in one arc, isnt it?

- I really missed Marine and I dont care if I'm the only one.

- Anyone noticed that in last part Blaze powers are named by caption boxes?

- Did Captain Metal even had to be Metal Sonic? And in the end isnt he just Captain Whisker, but more ruthless and dangerous? ...Dunno, either way I really liked him and I'm glad he might be back one day.

I will share my final thoughts.

-Loved Bean who didn't. -Captain Whisker and his crew had a small role. - Swash and Buckle seemed to share similarities to Orbot and Cubot. -Loved Marine and would like to see Metal in the future. -Mostly I enjoyed the arc especially for the character moments.

What about issue 63? “The Gr…”

BumbleKing users have been rambling about it for months!

What about issue 63? “The Gr…”

BumbleKing users have been rambling about it for months!

I am 98% sure the "Gr" means "Great" but that's all I've got as to what the rest of the plot is called. I haven't even got an idea of who will be in this one.

Oh, I am EXCITED for SU: Shadow Fall! :)

Still, I wouldn't mind a story arc about Nicole. :P