Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

I could be wrong, but there seems to be a few pages missing from the upload. Or is it just me?

Other than that, great comic!

Yeah, the pages that usually come after the main story aren't there

True, but it feels that the main story is missing at least one final page. There's no real conclusion cliffhanger panel.

I thought

Captain Metal coming out as a crab in his submarine was a good enough ending

That's strange. I just checked and it's there

Must've been a glitch or something. The new covers are now on Bumbleking, people. Read away.

Now then, to mark my triumphant return, here's the cover, variant and solicitation for Issue 60 (in spoilers due to the size):

SU-60.jpgSU-60variant.jpg

Shadow and Team Dark versus an invading alien army! 'Shadow Fall' Part Two: The mission to save humanity is falling to pieces! With Rouge, Omega and G.U.N. are on the run from murderous aliens and Shadow battling for his life - and his free will - against the malicious Black Death and Eclipse, the world is running out of time! Loyalties are tested, aliens are blasted, and NEW characters make their debut in this space-faring new issue! Featuring cover art from Tracy Yardley! and an Alien Invasion Variant from Vincent Riley (Native Drums).

Sounds like things are gonna get quite rough for Team Dark as their fight continues. Also, apparently there was an update on the issue listings at the New York Comc-Con this year. According to them, the 'Shadow Fall' arc has been delayed-of-sorts, with the arc beginning in Universe Issue #60 instead of #59, which will most likely be another stand-alone story. (...Hmm, I sense the possibility of a certain Underground epilogue...) Er, anyway, what are your thoughts on the above, guys?

EDIT: As BlueBlur has pointed out below, turns out there hasn't been a delay. Sorry guys, but no Underground epilogue for us... again.

The same underground epilogue that was replaced with the shard v.s. metal sonic story.

I also suspected the Underground epilogue which is late enough already

As for the Shadow arc, mind controlled Shadow is certainly not going to be good for GUN, especially with everything else going on around Mobius

Hang on a second. Omega is designed to capture and keep Shadow at bay (at least in the games anyway). So why is it we find Omega in a heap on this cover?

He's designed to capture and keep Shadow at bay, yes. Is he designed well enough to keep a mind controlled Shadow at bay? Plus, he might have been told to be gentle. Even if he is against GUN here, Shadow is still a voluble asset and I'm not sure GUN would want him gone

Now then, my thoughts on Pirate Plunder Panic Parts 2&3: I'll just be quick on the first one, it just wasn't that exciting for me. Aside from the 'big reveal' of the Wily Egg Egg O' War (which in and of itself was kinda disappointing), I didn't really find anything that memorable. Obviously Bean was the best part of the issue as usual, and I did like the little 'Monty Python' reference hidden in there. (Anyone else notice it too?)

However, the next issue solved most, if not all those problems. Captain Metal (why am I so tempted to call him 'Captain Metallix'?) finally shows a much more bitter side of himself, the appearance of Johnny and Captain Whisker brought a smile to my face (especially with the notion that they are indeed working for Dr Eggman Nega himself), and yes, Bean stole the show once again (quite literally this time). I also enjoyed seeing Bark actually do something in this issue.

Finally, the reveal of Captain Metal's 'giant enemy crab' mode was... interesting, though I think we all know what he's gonna have to compete with next issue.

(And of course, let's not forget Part 3's off-panel... yeah, and people say the Genesis Wave merging two distinct universes was a world-endangering plot!)

1 person likes this

He's designed to capture and keep Shadow at bay, yes. Is he designed well enough to keep a mind controlled Shadow at bay? Plus, he might have been told to be gentle. Even if he is against GUN here, Shadow is still a voluble asset and I'm not sure GUN would want him gone

That could likely be the case. I just hope that if Omega does fight Shadow, they should make it reasonably even matched. I don't want it to be a simple spin dash, chaos spear, then K.O. fight for Omega. It just wouldn't do the guy any justice to his character (as though his interactions with Cream weren't reputation ruining enough!)

Shadow Fall has not been delayed, it was an error. Ian Flynn typed this after hearing a similar comment on Bumbleking:

What?

Issues 51-54: When Worlds Collide

Issues 55-58: Pirate Plunder Panic

Issues 59-62: Shadow Fall

Issues 63-66: The Gr_____________

At least, that's how I remember it.

I'm very excited, I read #1 just so I'm at the beginning of my way ^_^.

My favorite character is Shadow

Edited by Smile41858

I'm very excited, I read #1 just so I'm at the beginning of my way ^_^.

My favorite character is Shadow

Congrats on beginning. As long as you enjoy them, you'll have read them all in little time. It's when you read the main comic, where things get difficult ;)

It's that time again, guys! Here are the official covers (spoilered due to a new character reveal) and solicitation for Sonic Universe Issue #61! Enjoy:

1313259_ful.jpg1313260_ful.jpg

SONIC UNIVERSE #61

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Jamal Peppers & Various (CA) Sega

'Shadow Fall' Part Three: Shadow - agent of the brutal Black Arms?! It's up to Rouge and Omega to bring their former friend to his senses - if he doesn't destroy them all first! Meanwhile, the vicious alien race have stolen G.U.N.'s tactical nuclear device for - and that can only spell trouble! Will Team Dark survive the mission with the deadly and devious ECLIPSE lurking in the shadows? Find out in the penultimate chapter to this expansive space epic, featuring cover art from Tracy Yardley! and a special SEGA variant cover!

The tension's heating up, that's for sure. But what are your thoughts, guys? Won't be long now until the finale to Pirate Plunder Panic, so stay tuned for that too!

What is that creepy looking thing behind Team Dark? It intrigues me

I think it's good that Rouge and Omega will actually be doing something of their own accord, as opposed to just following Shadow around.

I think that might be this 'Eclipse' character. He slightly reminds me of Mephiles. I'm interested to find out what his motivation is.

What is that creepy looking thing behind Team Dark? It intrigues me

To me, it (most likely Eclipse) look's like a cross between a Black Arms alien, and a Shadow Android from Shadow The Hedgehog's multiplayer mode.

I must be soending way to much time on Insomniac gamer , As I'm thinking about writing nonsense in my comment again.

Well about the subject at hand . What will really interest me will be the possible fight between rouge abd shadow.

I have to say Eclipse really amps up the creepiness factor for this arc and that's what I find interesting about this arc. I just hope he's not too much of a mindless henchman and isn't some one time villain.

Eclipse might be interesting in this upcoming arc and I hope he'll be a deadly challenge for the ultimate life form.

Edited by Seviper