Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

Just gotta say Speedy's new design is an improvement over his old extreme undies!

Edited by Seviper the Fang Snake

It's Make-or-Break Time for the guardian of Angel Island as the fate of the Master Emerald and his home rest on the showdown between Might and Magic.

And Knuckles has already did the "breaking" part which started this mess, which means...

i7kzRSR.png

SONIC UNIVERSE #90
Script: Ian Flynn
Art: Adam Bryce Thomas, Jim Amash, Jack Morelli and Matt Herms
Cover: Tracy Yardley & Matt Herms
Variant Cover: Evan Stanley, Gary Martin & Matt Herms

The fate of Angel Island is revealed in”Shattered” Part Four: Time is running out for Knuckles and Amy! The vile wizard Walter Naugus has made his big move, which means certain doom for our heroes! And as the Shattered World Crisis comes to an end, Angel Island begins to fall! Can Red and Rose snatch victory at the last second? Featuring cover artwork by the legendary Tracy Yardley and an “and Knuckles” variant by the exceptional Evan Stanley!
On Sale Date: 9/28
32-page, full color comic
$3.99 U.S.

Edited by Crossharemega

Hooray for Knuckles! Finally getting a way to keep the Emerald from getting smashed/stolen every other game. Seriously, I like the plan he came up with. And relics whole comment about laughing really cracked me up.

1 person likes this

I really liked this new arc too! 

It showed the friendship between Knuckles and Amy wonderfully, We got to see the best robot ever (Omega-123 DUH)

and Naugus got his ass kicked! PERFECT~ :3 

I did like his reaction when he contacted Wendy only to find out she was part of Eggman's empire now

1 person likes this

BUMP. Yeah. I know I'm double posting but since the new comic is up... wanted to say... I like it... but it's probably gonna get a little predictable for me

Also... this off panel though. It hurts 

Off_panel.png

BUMP. Yeah. I know I'm double posting but since the new comic is up... wanted to say... I like it... but it's probably gonna get a little predictable for me

Hidden Content

I agree. The off panel...my eyes bleed 

Hidden Content

Love it! Oh the great power of memes.

I wonder...

Razor must be a former pirate. It explains the ring on his fin, and it would be the perfect reason why the Liutentant was suspicious of him. Now I wonder if....

A) The Princess fell in love with the Pirate Captain

B ) Princess wanted to join them, or wanted some attention/money from her mommy and daddy.

Edited by Shinomi-chan

Issue #92 was pretty cool, as character-driven stories in Sonic usually are, and the Chaotix's interactions with the Pirates of the Setting Dawn were great. Maybe this could beat Eggman's Dozen as the best arc post-Worlds Unite.

Long story short, Razor (a former member himself) and Vector "surrender" to the pirates and pretend to want to join them to get Undina back, using a confused and betrayed Echo as an unknowing fake hostage. As the pirates are low on crew ever since the co-captain and the others ran off, they accept and Echo is put in the brig. It's revealed that the reason the pirates needed Deena as she would be able to help them find treasure, that of which required reading a language only she could understand to find. They shanghaied her when she was travelling the world after leaving Spagonia University (and meeting with Honey in Empire City so that she could make more money for travel—and that's kinda how she got that umbrella), but she doesn't really mind since being with the pirates means she can travel for free. (Boy, Papa Puff's gonna explode when he hears of this!)

The Pirates of the Setting Dawn introduced are:

• Captain Shellbreaker Otter—the head honco, values trust and cooperation, charismatic and makes occasional "otter" puns
  • Mr. Bristles the Yeti Crab—the oldest and most experienced of the pirates and Shellbreaker's advisor
  • Opal the Jellyfish—playful and mischievous, took most of Deena's jewelry
  • Dive the Lemming—Vector threw him at first and the sea calls to him
  • Blade the Shark—Razor's sister, was raised alongside him by Mr. Bristles when they were found stealing from the Knives

The co-captain who sold out mentioned earlier? Yes, it was Abyss. She grew up with the pirates and the ships she now has were once their armada. As for Razor, we know he left some time after Abyss and most of the other pirates did due to a "philosophical disagreement"—which is revealed to be about plundering critical medicine shipments that people needed, and selling them at a much higher price. (A few folks even guess that their actions may have indirectly led to Cassia and Clove joining the Eggman Empire as well.) However, as a result of all of their losses, the pirates are more than happy to welcome him back despite leaving him for dead.

In this story, I really like how Charmy and Opal are just really friendly to each other despite one being more snarky than the other—it really highlights how sometimes Charmy can actually live up to his name sometimes. As for Vector, he really seems to enjoy talking to the pirates despite being undercover, as seen with his interactions with Mr. Bristles and Captain Shellbreaker, emphasizing his role as a leader. Espio is unsurprisingly the most hesitant to talk to the pirates due to his skepticism and dislike of thieves. Also, Deena acts suspicious for a second.

Adam's art is nice as usual, and is more expressive than ever in this part. I really like how he draws Vector, for example.

And last, but not at all least, the Off-Panel (click for larger image):

latest?cb=20161117212618

But enough about that, the next issue (#93) is already out now! Go get it!

Edited by BlueBlur62391

I am LOVING this new Universe Arc. Truly I love the entire crew, and Razor's back story

Though I do think one certain otter Captain is making too many Otter puns... I also Opal has this nice yandere aura... Blade is REALLY cool in my opinion, and I do hope we get to see more of them in the future even when this arc is completed. As for the Princess.. She seems to be up to something...

R.I.P. Espio's pride, and honor. It will never be the same again.

I love how we get to see, even in a short moment, that Vector is more like a caring big bro to Charmy, even if he is his boss. It just made me "aaw" out loud.

I'm having difficulties taking the Captain seriously though. Mostly due to his coffee mug saying: "Good Morning Beautiful" Otter than that, he seems pretty badass.

as for Dive, I do hope he won't get himself drowned any times soon, he seems like a nice guy with a few mental problems.