Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

Probably because hes a big deal compared to the others. Or the opposite to make it funny. Kind of like how they hid Thunderbolt(?) For a while until the big reveal

I can't wait for the Eggman arch. It will certainly be interesting to see him in the spot light.

And here are the others! 

latest?cb=20160115182732latest?cb=20160115002214

Knock knock, it’s KNUCKLES in “Shattered” Part One: A brand new adventure starring Knuckles and Amy Rose begins here! It’s a race against time to find the final Master Emerald shards before Sonic restores the shattered world! The final installment of Knuckles’s search, filled with dangers and mysteries, starts with this issue! Featuring cover art by the terrific Tracy Yardley plus an “& Knuckles” variant by CG artist supreme Rafa Knight! 

KnucklesXAmy confirmed. Lololololololol

But in seriousness... not much to say here. Other than you really got to stop punching emerald shards like that Knux. You're being a bad influence to Amy

And here are the others! 

Hidden Content

Knock knock, it’s KNUCKLES in “Shattered” Part One: A brand new adventure starring Knuckles and Amy Rose begins here! It’s a race against time to find the final Master Emerald shards before Sonic restores the shattered world! The final installment of Knuckles’s search, filled with dangers and mysteries, starts with this issue! Featuring cover art by the terrific Tracy Yardley plus an “& Knuckles” variant by CG artist supreme Rafa Knight! 

KnucklesXAmy confirmed. Lololololololol

But in seriousness... not much to say here. Other than you really got to stop punching emerald shards like that Knux. You're being a bad influence to Amy

alright when's tails and nicole gonna get a story? come on flynn TEST THE WATERS!

This should be interesting, seeing as both this and the other Sonic story are pretty much ending the Shattered World Saga (at last!).

And to think, it only took just over a year of world-building, along with a thrown-together crossover halfway, to reach this point.

The new covers and solicits have returned! Time to get back into action with Total Ecl--er, I mean 'Shattered' Part 2:

SonicUniv88SonicUniv88var

Tougher than leather, it’s Knuckles in “Shattered” Part Two: The mysteries deepen and the suspense builds! Amy and Rouge fight for their lives! Omega is out of commission! And Knuckles is lead deep into the heart of the Hidden Palace Zone by the new Echidna, Nixus! But is this strange newcomer everything he seems to be? Featuring cover art by Sonic comics legend Tracy Yardley and an “& Knuckles” variant by the delightful Diana Skelly!

Now, before you all jump up and shout "Thrash is back!", I want you all to keep 3 things in mind:

#1) The Design: We know that thrash was a purple Tasmanian Devil with yellow eyes, but this purple 'echidna' has red eyes. What other Sonic characters have appeared in the reboot so far with purple attire and red eyes?

#2) The Arc's Story: It's obvious that this arc is finishing up Knuckles' emerald hunt sidequest while Sonic's saving the planet. But to do that, he'll need to find ALL the missing pieces of the shattered Master Emerald. Now, who has recently acquired an emerald shard to rejuvenate their powers?

#3) The Name: I mean, "Nixus"? Really? Just take the 'N' (which is no doubt a hint itself) away, and you get 'ixus', which sounds a lot like... IXIS!

Follow these steps, and you'll soon realise that it's totally just Naugus disguised as an echidna to trick Knuckles. Heck, back in "Total Eclipse" (which this arc is really starting to remind me of, now that Team Dark's back... again) Relic noted that Angel Island (where this part of "Shattered" takes place) has ancient crystal technology that belonged to the trolls. Well, Naugus is officially a troll in the reboot, so put 2-and-2 together and... I think you get it.

So yeah, once you know the truth, this "new character" ain't so new anymore. Heck, Ian Flynn even said that people started figuring it out within MINUTES!

Edited by Neo M'egga Man

My first thought seeing that was...

Eclipse has disguised himself by absorbing some of Knux DNA or something.

And they're trying to fake us out by making him look like Boom Knux

My first thought seeing that was...

Hidden Content

My thoughts exactly. And the variant... Just reminds me of playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles and when I thought Knuckles was being a tool.

I though that look like Boom Knuckles who came to the main universe to get rid of the "Smart, Intelligence" Knuckles so he'll look less stupid by comparison 

Hey guys SU #83 is out. 

Download links are also out for the site, but enough of that.

The issue is a pretty good setup for the arc. I won't spoil too much as I want everyone to read it for themselves to figure out what's going on. I'll just say that following the preview pages, I think that this is going to be a great Eggman arc for the new universe.

Okay I will share ONE panel from the issue. My favorite panel to be honest. :3

Ce0Av5GWEAAAtwM.jpg:large

Edited by jm0364ALT
1 person likes this

Having read 83, there is one thing that confused me...

Did Rouge and Cream get fused together????

I think not my dear friend, but I just unintentionally just imagined the child of one of the most awkward couple. EVER. That bear guy reminds me of Bark and Knuckles though.. and the third one's like Nack and Lupe combined. Think about that. But all in all, things are finally getting interesting...

Lol.... hmm... given their master's are wizards, maybe some sorta magical clone-offspring combinations?

Possible, but I don't think that's what Archie intended.

Those bear, wolf and rabbit are a Witchcarters, Wendy's minions from Tails Skypatrol game for Game Gear. If you look at the screenshots, you'll see they pretty much the same but more "sonic-ish" in terms of design. I personally didn't even see the similarity between Carrotia and Rouge (she obviously similar to Cream since they both rabbits), but I think that's just a coincidence. She had that somewhat flirty and sassy look in the game already, so it's not surprising they share the same trait. 

Overall, I waited for the first part of this arc for a long time and was happy then it finally came out. I love Egg Bosses - the "Scrambled" arc from old continuity was one of my favourite - and I definitely want to see them in action. Naugus twins and Withcarters are also an interesting stuff, so I'm really excited to see what would happen next.

W49rsxNisUs.jpg NsxmUXZ3jx0.jpg 1BftWY4A8Pg.jpg

Edited by Spayrocks
1 person likes this

Someone give this guy something for being the first one to figure this out here... or at least the first to say. I didn't even realise they were from a game when I saw them on a cover. I assumed they were just more characters made by Flynn, possibly egg bosses. Kudos to you sir

Okay... my thoughts

I'm... not actually sure what to think about this comic. It seems interesting but... IDK

Personally, I like Naugus in the old continuity better. He was creepy and seemed kind of a force to be reckoned with at times. Now I can't really take him seriously. Especially with that name. And the whole sister thing doesn't help. Did they count as sisters before? If Wendy was a real character then why is she allowed to have Naugus as a brother. Or is this something that's going to play out that I don't really know about. No idea. Point is, I liked that guy better before

I did like the Scrambled arc a lot in the old comics so seeing Eggman ordering around his egg bosses is exciting. I do wish I could've seen a few more of them in action a little before it came to this point though. Some of the ones we haven't seen look interesting. The last one they showed especially, the one with the "do or die" attitude makes me curious. I forget his name or what he was. But he creepy. Though I guess him being creepy and mysterious makes me more interested in him so... at least show the other ones like Akhult who was in the old one but looked different ;)

Okay. But overall, I did enjoy it. It was a fun little read and can't wait for the next one

The thing is, it's very difficult to introduce Naugus into a new continuity. It's based on the game's canon now, but there never was characters like Naugus. In old canon he was an amalgamation between three mobians from order of Ixis and that's why he was so weird looking and had his magic powers. But this idea is no longer relevant, because order of Ixis never exist in games (or SatAM) and because this whole thing belongs to Penders. So Flynn gave Naugus a completely different origin but didn't change his appearance (mostly) and personality. Yes, Naugus have this silly name now ("Walter" is alliterative to his sister's name "Wendy") and he's a descendant of an ancient race of trolls (Relic the pica mentioned them in SU #70) that actually was one of the four Great civilizations, like Nocturnus clan from Sonic Chronicles. Naugus looks like some kind of mutant or fantasy creature anyway, so that works for me. 

About Wendy - in game she was just a stereotypical witch and didn't relate with anyone. I don't know why she was developed as a troll and became twin sister to Naugus in the comic, but I assume it's justified since Wendy was a flat character and didn't have any characteristic traits (aside from her "evil witch" thing) so Flynn could do anything with her without any trouble. It's a weird decision, but eh, I'll get used to that. 

Edited by Spayrocks

Oh my god! I've played that game and I didn't notice! o_o Thank you!!!

In the Eggman arc, Eggman mentionned that he would have to fix the odd number of sub-bosses (or whatever they're called), don't you think the withcarters could get free of Wendy's grasp and join Eggman? If yes, it would give 14 sub-bosses. I would SO want to see a fight between Carrotia and Bunnie.

Yeah, about that...

There was a 5-page preview (standard for upcoming comic releases) for the final part of Eggman’s Dozen a few days ago. But for some reason, the preview had 3 pages from the beginning of the issue... and the last 2 pages from the end, pretty much spoiling what happens to the Naugus twins. Obviously I won't spoil exactly what happens, but I will say...

...there are no big surprises to be found.

Edited by Captain Metallix

Yeah, about that...

There was a 5-page preview (standard for upcoming comic releases) for the final part of Eggman’s Dozen a few days ago. But for some reason, the preview had 3 pages from the beginning of the issue... and the last 2 pages from the end, pretty much spoiling what happens to the Naugus twins. Obviously I won't spoil exactly what happens, but I will say...

Hidden Content

Yeah, it's been a long while since I was legitimately surprised by a turn of events in the comic.  The Shamar story did have one, but it wasn't a game changer, just a fun new form of the status quo.  It's probably one of my few complaints about Dozen (aside from the frequently off looking panels Adam Bryce Thomas brings us), with the whole thing playing out rather predictably.  It's not a deal breaker, it's just lacking in fun twists and turns.

Sidenote: Archie needs to get on the blower to Google about this preview mess up.

Yeah, about that...

Hidden Content

I hate to be that guy but I can't help but laugh at this

Wait Wait Wait... Nephys is a-

GIRL?! o_o I had no idea.... wowie.. Maybe some romance coming with the leader of the Battle Kukku?

Uhhh... yeah she is. It was revealed a little before I think

(Though I agree it's not exactly clear)

Well yeah.. I mean sure I've seen her before and all that.. But I don't think they made it clear even when she first messaged Spike and others.. I don't think I saw ever calling her "she" before Battle Kukku did. I was kinda like: "Whaaaat?" But now.. I'm just a shipper trash xD