Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

They're all gone.

The writers told them to pack their bags.

Excuse me while I go cry in a corner.. we just didn't lose awesome potential enemies but also heroes, mothers, fathers and children. It's like bloodless war inside comic books...

Exactly.  It's a massacre.  And worse, one that no one in universe remembers.

The whole series should have been rebooted.  Not this in universe mass murder of characters.

Pretty sure they can't use Edmund because SEGA doesn't like family for the characters and Edmund was a relative of Knuckles

Yep, there we go.  And another name to the list.

Me: Sega why must you hurt us with this mass murder of characters we really care about? Why?

Sega: Because dear fan it's our job to make you suffer through our bad marketing decision and remove o of your favorite sonic characters but hey theirs still more sonic and shadow.

Me: Congratulation Sega can you go bankrupt now so you can be bought up by Nintendo or give the rights to sonic to another company pleases and thank you.

Sega: Will do remember to buy more bad games like Sonic 15 and Rise of lyric 2 

I'm really enjoying these issues with Knuckles The Echidna. Ian Flynn really knows how the character should act, unlike Sega who made him into a buttmonkey of the series right now.  I must say, I wish Ian Flynn made that Knuckles Vs Shadow fight more fair. Shadow fought against the Black Arms second comet before coming to Angel Island, so he should be exhausted and if that wasn't enough, he fought Eclipse and nearly lost if it wasn't for the Master Emerald and then after that brutal beating, he fought Knuckles and managed to tie against him through the entire fight. Knuckles should have mopped the floor with Shadow, considering that Knuckles had more time to rest after his hunt for the Light Gaia spirit and his only fight after that adventure was Shadow.

It's that time once more! Here are the covers and solicitation for Sonic Universe #80, Part 2 of 'The Silver Age':

SonicUniv80.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1SonicUniv80var.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1

The FUTURE is in DANGER, and only Silver the Hedgehog can make things right! "The Silver Age" Part Two: Silver has teamed up with Prof. von Schlemmer and they have a plan for stopping the Genesis Portals! This seems like the solution everyone’s been waiting for—but why doesn’t the Council want to hear it? The mystery deepens as a voice calls out to Silver—a voice that only he can hear! Will our unlikely heroes uncover the conspiracy, or die trying? Featuring cover art from the Sonic comic master Tracy Yardley and a CHAOS CRISIS variant by Rafa Knight!

Aw, wittle baby Virtual Hedgehogs. They look so cute and... wait, are they attacking Silver? And hey, Von Schlemmer returns in this issue. Seems interesting overall.

Those mini hedgehogs are adorables! Not dangerous looking at all

And hi Von Schlemmer. That crazy professor is here. Yay! Is he from the futute here? His clothes look weird

And hi Von Schlemmer. That crazy professor is here. Yay! Is he from the futute here? His clothes look weird

Yep. He actually first appeared in the Genesis Portal Origin Story (Free Comic Book Day this year) and was the one who told Silver what caused the Genesis Portals to appear in the first place. (Basically, they're 'cracks' in space-time caused by Super Sonic's failed Chaos Control in 'Worlds Collide', hence why they lead to other worlds.)

Ah... I haven't read it yet <_<

Guess I'll have to read it soon

Well, that was quick! It's not even July, and we're already getting the covers and solicitation for the third part of 'The Silver Age', in Sonic Universe #81:

SonicUniv81.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1SonicUniv81var.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1

SILVER FIGHTS for his FUTURE in "The Silver Age" Part 3: Silver is at the mercy of the heartless council, but their cold nature is nothing compared to the evil then unleash! Gold's mysterious past is now revealed, as well as how it's tied to the current calamity. Will it be up to Silver to save his future once again? Featuring cover art by long-time Sonic Comic artist, Tracy Yardley and a "To the Future" variant by newcomer Adam Bryce Thomas!

Oh look, a new character. Seems like we may have a possibly-psychic, possibly-future hedgehog tenrec here named... Gold. This is gonna get really crazy, isn't it?

On the second cover: Seriously am I the only one who think he looks like Ganondorf from the Zelda universe?

That 2nd cover made him look like ganondorf don't stop I'm expecting a cover were sonic look like link from ocarina of time. Also gold did sega use up all the good name we got to go with something basic as gold.

gold sounds terrible as a name...whats next, bronze? platinum? i understand they wanted someone to be silver's "partner" but this is weird.

and i googled a tenrec, it looks like a Darn hedgehog. they seem to have longer snouts so i wished they gave her a longer face like knuckles. most of the new female characters have the same head shape its driving me nuts.

I'm just going to say... I think she might be Silver's granddaughter or something. (Seriously Silver and Gold) and if not.. well then.. SHIP IT! But really I think they have to be related some way.

I'm just going to say... I think she might be Silver's granddaughter or something. (Seriously Silver and Gold) and if not.. well then.. SHIP IT! But really I think they have to be related some way.

Sonic characters aren't allowed families if I'm not mistaken... So ship away

Sonic characters aren't allowed families if I'm not mistaken... So ship away

Why thank you Dylan. Will do!

Sonic Universe #79 has been released. Pretty good issue in my opinion.

Sonic Universe #79 has been released. Pretty good issue in my opinion.

Issue #79 was a good start in my opinion.

Agreed.  A very fun start to the story, and an interesting change to Silver's usual Dark Future.  And pretty impressive in making a AoStH character transition into the comics while retaining a lot of his silliness but not being to OTT.

Oh I really love this german accent speaking guy. I hope he's not just in this one story Arc.

Gold x Silver!! Gold x Silver!! OTP! OTP! (sorry inner fangirl moment) So far this story arc seems really interesting.. and that German accent~ Wonder what's going to happen next..

Gold x Silver!! Gold x Silver!! OTP! OTP! (sorry inner fangirl moment) So far this story arc seems really interesting.. and that German accent~ Wonder what's going to happen next..

I thought Xander x Silver was crazy....P:

So a few random ponders...

Could it be we already know the Council?  After all, the main reason for a mask is to surprise the reader in a reveal!

And Von Schlemmer's confusion at his own identity.  Is it just a funny nod to AoStH, or is it an indication of something more sinister, like the council being able to program people with new identities?