Shadow

Sonic Universe (Comic Series)

686 posts in this topic

I think his loss of voice and free will was most likely a side-effect of the Genesis Wave, causing Metal 3.8 to basically become the equivalent to Metal Sonic from the games. Also, who do you think Eggman was referring to when he told Metal to meet his 'new partner' in SU#50? I mean, Wily hadn't created Bass at that point, so was he probably just referring to Wily himself (or perhaps Copybot)?

I'm pretty certain that he was talking about Bass, seeing as how they both go around together. It was clear Eggman and Wily have seen each other for a while so perhaps Wily took some time to make Bass. I'm not sure how and why, but Bass seems the likely partner

He specifically said that partner is "base" villain just like him, so either Flynn is planing to bring him earlier or we have a continuity hiccup.

He specifically said that partner is "base" villain just like him, so either Flynn is planing to bring him earlier or we have a continuity hiccup.

Well, yes. The "base villain" line was clearly there as a 'subtle' hint of Bass' involvement in the crossover, but I still don't see it making sense in-continuity... then again, maybe Ian didn't want people like me to analyse it so much, and just see it as what it is; an obvious foreshadowing to Metal Sonic's partner in Worlds Collide. Also, seeing as Bass is a fan-favourite, I doubt that Flynn will wait all the way until the Mega Man 7 adaptation to introduce Bass into the Mega Man comic continuity.

At least, I don't think (most of) the fans could wait that long.

I've got the battle between Sonic and Megaman against Bass, Treble and Metal Sonic here for anyone who wants to know

This is quoted from where I found it

"Sonic distracts Bass, who is hit by Mega Man when the Blue Bomber uses Shadow Man's Chaos Cannon on him. Sonic spins through Bass' stasis bubble, and Treble tries to assist him, but is frozen by Mega Man using Silver Man's Psyco Burst. Mega Man uses telekinesis on Bass, and puts him in a position where he can be attacked by Sonic. Metal and Treble try to attack Rock, but the blue hero hides using Espio Man's Chroma Camo. Mega Man uses Vector Man's Acoustic Blaster on Bass, and the black villain is kicked by Sonic and knocked out by Rose Woman's Piko Hammer. Mega Man uses Tails Man's Tails Wind on Metal, and tries to use Knuckles Man's Sharp Knuckle to finish him off, but Metal uses his V. Maximum Overdrive to push him away. Mega Man uses Charmy Man's Rapid Stinger to dent Metal, who is defeated by Sonic."

I've also found out what Eggman and Wily are planning to do with the emeralds and I've put it here for anyone who wants to know

The doctors are planning on making a super-charged G-wave. This will make them gods and allow them to do whatever they want with the universes including being able to erase Sonic and Mega Man from existence.

Apparently, they can only alter things slightly with a normal G-wave

Please don't get the impression that I spend my time looking for spoilers on the comics. I was just curious about this one, and I must say, I didn't expect Eggman and Wily's plans to be this

I've got the battle between Sonic and Megaman against Bass, Treble and Metal Sonic here for anyone who wants to know

This is quoted from where I found it

"Sonic distracts Bass, who is hit by Mega Man when the Blue Bomber uses Shadow Man's Chaos Cannon on him. Sonic spins through Bass' stasis bubble, and Treble tries to assist him, but is frozen by Mega Man using Silver Man's Psyco Burst. Mega Man uses telekinesis on Bass, and puts him in a position where he can be attacked by Sonic. Metal and Treble try to attack Rock, but the blue hero hides using Espio Man's Chroma Camo. Mega Man uses Vector Man's Acoustic Blaster on Bass, and the black villain is kicked by Sonic and knocked out by Rose Woman's Piko Hammer. Mega Man uses Tails Man's Tails Wind on Metal, and tries to use Knuckles Man's Sharp Knuckle to finish him off, but Metal uses his V. Maximum Overdrive to push him away. Mega Man uses Charmy Man's Rapid Stinger to dent Metal, who is defeated by Sonic."

I've also found out what Eggman and Wily are planning to do with the emeralds and I've put it here for anyone who wants to know

The doctors are planning on making a super-charged G-wave. This will make them gods and allow them to do whatever they want with the universes including being able to erase Sonic and Mega Man from existence.

Apparently, they can only alter things slightly with a normal G-wave

Please don't get the impression that I spend my time looking for spoilers on the comics. I was just curious about this one, and I must say, I didn't expect Eggman and Wily's plans to be this

Y'know, I typed the first spoiler on the Sonic wiki. Seriously!

Y'know, I typed the first spoiler on the Sonic wiki. Seriously!

Sorry, did you not want me to share it here?

Sorry, did you not want me to share it here?

No, no. Just making conversation.

No, no. Just making conversation.

The whole "Seriously!" made it sound that way. Anyway, thanks for typing the first spoiler up for me to share here

Boy, Universe issue 54 sure is taking its time to be uploaded here. I'm just desperate to see the Bass-Mega Man-Sonic and Metal Sonic fight.

Boy, Universe issue 54 sure is taking its time to be uploaded here. I'm just desperate to see the Bass-Mega Man-Sonic and Metal Sonic fight.

I completely agree. I want to see it now! But I think it's coming out on Saturday. So shouldn't be long to wait

I completely agree. I want to see it now! But I think it's coming out on Saturday. So shouldn't be long to wait.

Actually… (Read if you DARE)

The entire issue's mostly their fight with their doppelgängers.

Actually… (Read if you DARE)

The entire issue's mostly their fight with their doppelgängers.

I already knew that from the spoiler I added earlier. Sounds better than their short fights with the roboticised masters though

I read sonic universe 54 and I give it a 9 out of 10. To me the bass,metal sonic and treble fight was pretty epic.

I read sonic universe 54 and I give it a 9 out of 10. To me the bass,metal sonic and treble fight was pretty epic.

It was a much better fight than with the roboticised masters. If only all their battles would be like that

Avast, me harties! Here be the new cover, variant and solicitation for Issue 58...The Finale! (Warning: MAJOR Spoilers for a future issue!)

SonicUniv%2358.jpg

SonicUniv%2358var.jpg

"Pirate Plunder Panic" Part Four: BUCKLE YOUR SEA-BELTS, BUCCANEERS, THE END BE NEAR! The thrilling high-stakes high sea adventure concludes, with the Egg o’ War ready to launch, and all th’ worlds in peril! It's Blaze vs. Cpt. Metal. The power of the Sol Emeralds a'beckons, as does the transformation into Burning Blaze—blimey!

Ha! I knew it! I knew that the Egg O' War was really the Wily Egg!

I'm starting to wonder... could Dr. Nega be behind some of this? What are your thoughts, guys?

Burning Blaze! It's about time she showed up in the comics

The Wily Egg, at least we know what happened to it

Dr Nega, please be behind it. I really want to see him in the comics. I doubt he is behind it or in the comics though

Everything is cute. Why is everythig so cute on this cover ?

aside from that .... Burning blaze. Took them long enough indeed.

And at this point , Coming next : Honey the cat !

Bean's face is funny.

Burning Blaze! I knew it!

Bean's face is funny.

Meh, Bean's face shouldn't be messed with. He's probably the only character who doesn't look cuter in the variant cover

Meh, Bean's face shouldn't be messed with. He's probably the only character who doesn't look cuter in the variant cover

Funny, not necessarily cute.

Well it's Bean , What do you expect . But Bark is somehow Cuter.

Funny, not necessarily cute.

I didn't say it wasn't funny. I just said he was the only one who doesn't look cuter

When I read issue 55, I was expecting a lot of explosions, fire and mishaps and that's exactly what I got, but it also had some unexpected bonuses too. First off there were plenty of characters I am delighted to see again. Blaze with her emotional temperament and Bean with his overly cartoonish nature. Yardely! really knows what he's doing when writing the characters, bringing in some hilarious lines for Bean and some pretty emotional ones for Blaze as well. It was a good sight to see a good share of action in this as well, with the boat battle and the hellfire of bombs. The robot pirates were a nice touch as well, with Captain Metal proving to be quite the villain, but how has he been rebuilt after getting blown up in the first Universe arc? My suspicions lead to Eggman Nega, but you never know. On the matter of artwork I was as usual glad to see the befitting style of Yardely's! Along with Ben Bates, he does the best artwork for the comic, bringing plenty of bright colours in a dark atmosphere. Of course I have a couple problems with it. Bark was only seen for about one panel and did absolutely nothing in this issue. So far it's a good start to the arc, so I'll rate it 8.8/10. Great opening from Yardely! just a lack of Bark was my main problem.