tiny260

The Best and the Worst

46 posts in this topic

You won't bore us!  Don't worry! ;) 

Well, I'm not sure, but every time I've seen versions of 'favourite stories' it tends to top a lot of people's list, and if not is certainly in the top ten.

As for importing, well... I got my copy of '30 Years Later' from amazon.co.uk.  If you set up an account and just tell it to import to Europe, that should be cheaper than getting it all the way from the US.  I do the same thing with 'amazon.com' as there's a few things I couldn't order here so imported directly.  Like the short lived Rescue Rangers comics.

I've seen the Sonic Universe volumes are in Amazon.uk, but it is ridiculously cheaper than I thought. Besides, I'm not sure how things work now because of UK being out of the EU.

Also, I have never bought anything by Amazon. Or by internet...

Yes, I'm THAT kind of guy. Got stuck on 20th century.

Hey!  We're not out yet!  We haven't even started the official 'we will leave in two years' paperwork stuff yet.  So THAT'S not gonna be an issue for a while.

Though, when you say 'ridiculously cheaper' the tone suggests you're meaning more 'expensive'?

No, I mean truly cheap. Of course, there are various prices, so I'm not quite sure.

But, as I told you, never bought on internet, so not sure if I should trust those prices.

There will be an import cost on top of the prices, though can't say how much as it varies, but it's usually reasonable.  If you're buying from Amazon directly, then the prices will be as stated.  If buying from another seller, then the import cost is likely to be higher (and the may not ship outside the UK) and make sure they've a decent seller rating to be on the safe side, though personally I've never been burnt buying from them via amazon.

But this is getting a little off the subject now! ;) If you wanna chat more about buying online feel free to drop me a pm.

Alright, thanks for the info, Skye! I don't know what I'd do without you... *blushes kawaii-ly*

Hey, that's what I'm here for!  I'm the big brother of the forum.

Uh... in the 'supportive and mentoring' way.  Not as in the 1984 way!

1 person likes this

On the topic of Tango, Anyone wanna say their favorite part? Cuz I have to go with Beans monologue. Cracks me up a bit. Though I really feel the story missed having some banter between bean and Omega.

Oooh, that's a HARD question! Every joke built off one another and nearly every line hit home, from Bean's monologue to Vanillia's subtle terrified shaking as Cream's telling her the story in the conclusion to practically EVERYTHING Omega says... but if I HAD to choose, I'd have to go with the interaction between Omega and Cream. Like, all of them. Whenever they bounced off each other I remember clearly having to put the book down and take a minute to just let myself laugh it out.

1 person likes this

As tiny said all it it was pretty great, though my favorite part is probibly one of the covers, the one with Cream and Cheese on Shadow's bike.  Shadow's reaction just sells it!

1 person likes this

I'll always love everything to do with Bean but I'll say my favourite part was Omega suggesting to Blaze to go burn things together

2 people like this

As tiny said all it it was pretty great, though my favorite part is probibly one of the covers, the one with Cream and Cheese on Shadow's bike.  Shadow's reaction just sells it!

I just LOVE that cover. It's easily one of the funniest things I've seen in any comic-book, and one of my favourite covers in Archie's Sonic.

Saddest thing? That's all non-cannon now.........

On the flipside, however, it could mean that, like Eggman's dozen, we could get a new version of it sometime, if Flynn ever runs out of ideas or needs a break. they could just be fighting over a Chaos Emerald or some other Deus ex Machina. I for one would like to see it come back in the new continuity. Any thoughts on that?

Honestly Frostryu, I have to say that would be a terrible idea.  Sorry.

If this idea is ever redone so obviously, no matter how good it is, it will inevitably be compared unfavourably to TTT.  That, at it would be seem as lazy and another sign the comics are going downhill etc etc etc.

Reboots and remakes are usually frowned upon by fans.  Trying to remake what most fans see as a classic, that's torches and pitchforks time.

I suppose your right. *sigh*

,,,, can we still get a story that at least features Bean and Omega getting some dialogue together?

I suppose your right. *sigh*

,,,, can we still get a story that at least features Bean and Omega getting some dialogue together?

Add Blaze to the equation and I buy it. They would be called "Team Blast". Wait, that's taken from Sonic Heroes. "Team BOOM"? Reminds me of Sonic Boom... Okay, giving name to a team it's harder than expected...

I guess sooner or later, Omega and Bean will have to face each other. I mean, they are part of the same world, so their encounter should be inevitable

Team incinerate? team Oblivion? How about team Firestorm?

Not to be "that guy" but I think at this point we've strayed far too off-topic.

Well, sir, but YOU'RE THAT GUY.

...sorry for "off-topicing". This only shows how good TTT was. It delivered some great moments of interaction between characters that we want to see again. But I hope we will add more of "the Best" in future issues

I have trouble remembering specific main series arcs, but my favorite main series arc has to be Champions.

Awesome character interaction, Honey (who everyone wanted to make a cameo, but no one expected to make an actual appearance), Breezie (who absolutely no one saw coming and is actually one of the best villains in the comic), a cool story.....

That space arc is so cringy.

As for Sonic Universe? Those I can keep straighter. I love Sonic Universe in general, because of it's focus on some of the "side" characters who don't get a lot of screentime (many of whom happen to be my favorites).

My favorite arcs? 

-Treasure Team Tango- all of these characters are great together, for the reasons everyone's said. Omega and Cream needs to happen in an actual game.

-Sparks of Life- Everything. Everything about this arc.

- Shadow vs. Knuckles- Relic and Fixit being introduced, an awesome fight, and Rouge gets to be the reasonable one, which is a nice change and develops her a bit.

- Post-reboot Silver saga- Yeah, he's my favorite character..... but the arc is good too!

-Issue 50- Shard is one of my favorite's too, I'm glad he got some focus. Also, Metal Sonic was cool again.

Least favorite?

-Mobius: 30 Years Later. Even Silver can't save this one for me. Everyone is massively out of character, the monster, while cool, makes no sense.... Tails' and Mina's  kids are adorable, and easily the best part, but that's about it.

1 person likes this