tiny260

What comics can still be found?

2 posts in this topic

I created this topic to archive what issues of Archie's Sonic series can still be found on the app, and maybe to get feedback on what's out there. Please feel free to add anything you know to help fill in the gaps.

Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog Miniseries #0-3: All four issues available on the Archie Comic app under "Mini-Series"

Archie's Sonic the Hedgehog #1-287: All available on the Archie Comic app, including issue #101 which is frankly a surprise for me due to the legal issues behind that one

Princess Sally and Tails Miniseries: Both available on the Archie Comic app under "Mini-Series"

Sonic: In Your Face!: All three stories available in Sonic Select: Book One on the Archie Comic app under "Sonic Graphic Novels"

Sonic & Knuckles: All three stories available in Sonic Select: Book One on the Archie Comic app under "Sonic Graphic Novels"

Sonic: Triple Trouble: All three stories available in Sonic Select: Book One on the Archie Comic app under "Sonic Graphic Novels"

Knuckles Chaotix: All three stories available in Sonic Select: Book Two on the Archie Comic app under "Sonic Graphic Novels"

Super Sonic Vs. Hyper Knuckles: Both stories available in Sonic Select: Book Two on the Archie Comic app under "Sonic Graphic Novels"

Mecha Madness: "Mecha Madness" and "Don't Let the Island Hit You On the Way Down" are available in Sonic Select: Book Two, "Eel of Fortune" in Sonic Select: Book Three

Sonic Quest: All three issues are available on the Archie Comic app under "Mini-Series"

Knuckles Mini-series: The three books that acted as the mini-series are available on the app under "Mini-Series" and MOST of the 32 issue series are available under "Knuckles the Echidna" but the app seems to be missing Issues 22-32, save "Knuckles the Echidna #29" which can be found in Sonic Select: Book 7

Sonic Live!: "The Substitute Freedom Fighters" can be found in Sonic Select: Book One and "Knuckles' Quest, Part II" can be found in Sonic Select: Book Two, but the actual "Sonic Live" doesn't seem to be available on the app. Whether that's a good or a bad thing is entirely up to you.

Sonic Blast: "Bugged Bunny" can be found in Sonic Select: Book 3 and "Sonic Blast" is available in Sonic Select: Book Four, but "The T.U.F.F. Awards" doesn't seem to be available.

Sonic Super Special #1: Both stories are available in Sonic Select: Book Three

Sonic Super Special #2: Available in Sonic Select: Book Three.

Sonic Super Special #3: If memory serves, available on the "Sonic Mega Collection" game under Comics. Not available on the app.

Sonic Super Special #4: "The Return of the King" is available in Sonic Select: Book Three

Sonic Super Special #5: "When You and I Were Young, Sally" and "STOP... Sonic Time!" can be found in Sonic Select: Book Five

Sonic Super Special #6: To my knowledge, not available on the Archie Comic app.

Sonic Super Special #7: To my knowledge, not available on the Archie Comic app.

Sonic Super Special #8: "ZONE WARS: Prelude" and "Den of Thieves" are available in Sonic Select: Book Four and "Running on Empty" can be found in Sonic Select: Book Ten

Sonic Super Special #9: All stories can be found in Sonic Select: Book Five

Sonic Super Special #10: "ZONE WARS: A Tale of Two Hedgehogs" is available in Sonic Select: Book Four and both parts of "Some Enchantra Evening" including the one in Sabrina #28 can be found in Sonic Select: Book Ten

Sonic Super Special #11: All stories can be found in Sonic Select: Book Five

Sonic Super Special #12: Both stories are available in Sonic Select: Book Four, albeit in reverse order to fit with the book's theme.

Sonic Super Special #13: To my knowledge, not available on the Archie Comic app.

Sonic Super Special #14: "Law of the Land" can be found in Sonic Select: Book Four

Sonic Super Special #15: To my knowledge, not available on the Archie Comic app.

Sonic X: Not available on the Archie Comic app, nor anywhere legally as far as I can tell.

Sonic Universe: All available on the Archie Comic app.

This was frustrating to dig around to find, but this is as complete of a list as I can find. As I've said, anything you know would be excellent to fill in the gaps. Frankly, I'm relieved that these many stories are preserved, but concerned over how many we DON'T have. In my eyes, the greatest crime is the lack of preservation of Sonic Super Special #6 as it's what I believe to be the definitive version of Sonic #50, but this isn't the place to talk about that.

As a final note, if you can find copies of any of the missing stories anywhere online, DON'T link to the site or directly spell out how to get it. Just say something like "They're available online" and people will find them. I can tell you for certainty that all of the Sonic Super Specials are backed up on a website, but that's all the certainty I have.

Update: After some digging I've found that both the full Knuckles the Echidna series including the missing issues 22-32 and the full 40-issue run of Sonic X are at least archived on the internet. Once again, will not link to them here but I can assure you we're in no danger of losing them to time anytime soon.

As previously mentioned, all but two stories across all of the Sonic specials pre Super Specials are archived across various issues of Sonic Select, but the original special issues themselves alongside the two missing stories are at risk of being lost to history (even if some of us aren't exactly weeping over the loss of Sonic Live...). Supersonic Vs. Hyperknuckles is archived, and with enough digging one can find a copy of Sonic: In Your Face! but that's only after a LOT of digging.

If you have copies of these issues, hold onto them. The last thing we'd want is to permanently lose them to time. While I cannot and will not encourage piracy, I will at least say that it'd be handy for someone to archive these issues to make sure they don't fade away. If me saying this is a problem, please tell me and I'll remove this part of the post.