Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Sonicjeremy

Redesigns of Official Characters.

18 posts in this topic

sonic_skyline_by_drawloverlala-d93wx66.p

I was looking around DA (Deviantart) when I found this. This is part of an AU that http://drawloverlala.deviantart.com/ made. I really like the designs, and after seeing this one: 

Sonic Redesign by CatbeeCachemade by http://catbeecache.deviantart.com/

And:sonic_au_by_sa2oap-d8s4f64.pngmade by http://sa2oap.deviantart.com/

I was thinking, how would I redesign Sonic and the gang? More importantly, how would YOU redesign them? Trying my hardest to be inclusive.

More importantly, how would YOU redesign them?

Capes! Capes everywhere!

Ahem *puts on best Edna Mode voice*

NO CAPES!

i think tails looks pretty cool in the first picture. 

Wow. I like these new ideas. Knuckles looks so cool in each one <3

I redesigned Team Sonic some time ago, trying to give them a more "realistic" approach, influenced by move superhero adaptations. Here it is: 

team_sonic__a__realistic___redesign_by_c

They're not as cool as the previous one you posted, but it's something. I guess Zack Snyder would be proud... 

1 person likes this

Nice drawing, and an interesting take.  When you said 'realistic' at first I was expecting more human proportions! 

1 person likes this

Tails look great in these picture, just like usual.

All those capes look like winter clothes or scarves to me, especially NICOLE and Sally.

Due to the Sonic Forces hype, many of us theorised a lot about the game's storyline. One of the most commented and thought-provoking points of this story was the main villain, Infinite, and his identity, who was behind that mask.

There was a really popular theory about Infinite's identity, and I loved it. It was really interesting, and drastically changed a well-known character from the series. This theory was not true, but here is how I imagined that character as the "masked creature" (and yes, I put the image as an spoiler, if anyone doesn't know who Infinite is, and doesn't want to discard any possible theory yet):

img_20171114_wa0040__2__opt_by_cesarloco

"Infinite" Miles Prower.

Yes, I know it sounds crazy, but that idea that the Phantom Ruby SOMEHOW got into the "GameGear Timeline" and transformed a damaged and mentally unstable Tails after the events of Sonic 2, was as bizarre as daring. And I would have loved that Sega made this madness. Making Sonic fight this twisted and overpowered version of his best friend would have been an emotional twist of events. And the cannonical Tails seeing himself as the villain... maybe that could have made Tails fight Infinite in the end, alongside Sonic and the avatar... aaaaaaand Classic Sonic. I'll never understand why Classic Sonic was here.

But that didn't happen.Although, to be fair, I really like Infinite's final design, even without the mask. Aesthetically, makes more sense.

1 person likes this

Wow!  Really nice re-design.  Yeah, it was a bit a shame things turned out so... bland!

1 person likes this

Due to the Sonic Forces hype, many of us theorised a lot about the game's storyline. One of the most commented and thought-provoking points of this story was the main villain, Infinite, and his identity, who was behind that mask.

There was a really popular theory about Infinite's identity, and I loved it. It was really interesting, and drastically changed a well-known character from the series. This theory was not true, but here is how I imagined that character as the "masked creature" (and yes, I put the image as an spoiler, if anyone doesn't know who Infinite is, and doesn't want to discard any possible theory yet):

Hidden Content

I just wonder if he was somehow related to Nack? Maybe it was just because of his head shape that I thought of that.. I mean he was Jackal right? But he was a BOUNTY HUNTER. So technically he could've known him before turning into Infinite? =3= 

I thought Nack was a weasel.

I thought Nack was a weasel.

Yeah Nack was, but Infinite is Jackal. I at first thought he'd be a Weasel too BECAUSE of his head shape. (and dat snoot)

Oh lol you make a good point! I misread it and thought otherwise. My bad!

We all remember the classic Sonic OVA, don't we?
For those who don't (or need a little reminder) in that animation an old owl was shown to be Sonic and Tails' parental figure (or at least that's what it looked like to me).
I've taken that very same character and tried to redesign him, so he could fit more into the canon: 

dd33bve-23876a59-b138-4c5f-a4e4-309870ac 

As you can see, I made some changes to his appearance, but overall he looks pretty similar to the design seen in the short film. He has a larger build, his stomach pattern is vastly simplified and he doesn't look as silly or cute as the original.

1 person likes this

Looks actually pretty cool. (do you have a drawing tablet or something?)

I do have. Actually, I coloured this pic using the tablet.

Lineart is traditional tho. I just can't draw a single line using a tablet...

1 person likes this

Hi,this is awesome! great job! You have so much talent! Keep posting and creating! 

I love drawing , I'm by no means an excellent artist and I'm learning myself, but this is what has helped me the most.

I am drawing on XP-Pen Deco Pro graphics art tablet , and I am using Paint Tool Sai, or Clip Studio Paint.  The tablet was a huge help for painting in digital art program , 

Edited by jinbian