BlurryDawgo

Sonic Lost World

299 posts in this topic

If anyone cares, Six's names were revealed and they all sound as if they run away from No Zone; Red brute is Zavok, pink and lean is Zazz, green girl is Zeena, blue and old is Zik, fat yellow is Zomom, and white goth is Zok, and I just realised that he's a dude.

I will be really suprised if these guys turn out to be cool.

*facepalms*

Why? Just, why? What were they thinking?

"Quick, we need to come up with a theme for the badguys.."

"Hey, rather than making them look at all similar to each other, why don't they have silly names all beginning with Z!"

"Brilliant!"

i think wisps have have a connection to these deadly six (deadly...huh) like zavok is the red and fire wisp in ds version colors and zeena is that speedy wisp and zazz is spike and ...

i think wisps have have a connection to these deadly six (deadly...huh) like zavok is the red and fire wisp in ds version colors and zeena is that speedy wisp and zazz is spike and ...

Gamexplain said that they could be corrupted Wisps.

Dude thats what I was thinking. It looks and feels like a mario game which is the WORST POSSIBLE THING YOU COULD DO EVER becuase it means all creativity is thrown out the window for levels looking like they came from bubsy 3d. It makes sense. The abstract meaningless levels, the game consisting of nothing but reused old features with one new gimmick because NOSTLAGIAAAA!!! and the fact that sonic runs at 4 mph. I know i'm coming across as a whiny sonic fanboy but I'm not even really a fan of the sonic series. I just hate how Nintendo and the Mario series are held with such high regard despite doing things that no other developer could ever get away with and just being crap overall and now the much better alternative is being influenced by it. :( Also why even bother with 2-D any more. You realise that developers have been perfecting this thing called 3d which is basically better in every way. Theres no point in shoving random 2-D sections into your game

Pretty much all this is why, like Randy Jackson with American idol, I ain't feelin' this. <_<

BTW, aside from being aimed for kids, Colors was also aimed at Nintendo fans, and since Sega got good reception from Meta-critic, IGN, and the nintards of our fanbase, I guess this is them trying to stick with this trend to keep fans happy since they still have sticks up their backside over Shadow and 06. Seriously, they haven't dropped that **** yet, I even saw 06 get brought up on a Metroid video for no reason outside of using it as an example of "any story is good unless it's like 06", which he was talking about Other M when he said that, which I heard also got very bad reception. Of course, if you don't give a Darn about the personality of you're characters, I guess you can look past all that. After all, that's how mario games and popular, and with Sonic being more like Mario..... you get the point.

1 person likes this

We all can hope it will be way past cool like generations,colors,&unleashed

Colours and unleashed were. Haven't played generations.

I mean appeal wise. SA1&2, CD, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Black Knight, those were way past cool. Colors can't even compete.

I mean appeal wise. SA1&2, CD, Sonic 3 & Knuckles, Black Knight, those were way past cool. Colors can't even compete.

I watched some of the colours cutscenes on youtube. Jesus christ that stuff belongs on Cbeebies. Honestly I think I've read better fan fics. As for everything else. Have not played it. I honestly don't play much sonic. Just read it :D

I watched some of the colours cutscenes on youtube. Jesus christ that stuff belongs on Cbeebies. Honestly I think I've read better fan fics. As for everything else. Have not played it. I honestly don't play much sonic. Just read it :D

Seeing the way the games are now, you're better off. B)

Right now I'm keeping an eye on this thread, and I don't want for a "game war" to pop up in a completely unrelated topic. If you want to discuss the quality of recent titles that aren't Lost World, do it elsewhere, in the topic that Psycho the Frog made, for example. Don't degrade it into a flamewar though, or else the trash subforum will get a new entry.

Yea. So has anything new come up on lost world?

Yea. So has anything new come up on lost world?

Dunno, but I can post this:

I feel like this games going to be a lot better than we play it out for from the media. It's understandable the story is more for children like they want, especially if this was a very old game that wasn't released before and refurbished, but I feel like the game play itself is going to be a lot better than what they've shown us so far. Once I get the game in my hands to test out for myself, I'm not worried about anything else they say. It can have flaws but everything does somewhere and they've learned their lesson on what flaws ruin a game (hopefully). I'm going with at least 8/10 and gladly look forward to its release.

Dunno, but I can post this:

[media=]

I love Rroger. I used to watch his vids so much when I was a kid.

I love Rroger. I used to watch his vids so much when I was a kid.

Dude, I spent hours watching this series last night, it feels... educational, in a Sonic since, as if he actually KNOWS what he's talking about, which is very rare in this fanbase.

BTW, when you were a kid? Are you still young or are his video really old?

I feel like this games going to be a lot better than we play it out for from the media. It's understandable the story is more for children like they want, especially if this was a very old game that wasn't released before and refurbished, but I feel like the game play itself is going to be a lot better than what they've shown us so far. Once I get the game in my hands to test out for myself, I'm not worried about anything else they say. It can have flaws but everything does somewhere and they've learned their lesson on what flaws ruin a game (hopefully). I'm going with at least 8/10 and gladly look forward to its release.

For me, it's not so much about flaws, I mean, I like 06(which I've been flamed for a lot), but at least the game had elements I actually liked. I mean, I like the other Sonic characters, and I like the other gameplay styles to! I mean, Sonic is in every game, he doesn't need a game just by himself or everyone playing like him just so people can realize what a Sonic game is about(which is ironic since most of them are as clueless as Sega), besides, we had the 3 advance games and Rush games already. But I don't wanna end up derailing this topic further so I'll stop here.

Main thing is, Lost Worlds doesn't seem to not only have anything I'm look for in a Sonic game outside of him, but it doesn't even have his original appeal anymore. Even the guy in the video I posted said it's looking like it's being designed like a Mario game(something people either don't see or makes the game instatly perfect because mario is above all flaws), so I'm not the only one who sees this.

Dude, I spent hours watching this series last night, it feels... educational, in a Sonic since, as if he actually KNOWS what he's talking about, which is very rare in this fanbase.

BTW, when you were a kid? Are you still young or are his video really old?

For me, it's not so much about flaws, I mean, I like 06(which I've been flamed for a lot), but at least the game had elements I actually liked. I mean, I like the other Sonic characters, and I like the other gameplay styles to! I mean, Sonic is in every game, he doesn't need a game just by himself or everyone playing like him just so people can realize what a Sonic game is about(which is ironic since most of them are as clueless as Sega), besides, we had the 3 advance games and Rush games already. But I don't wanna end up derailing this topic further so I'll stop here.

Main thing is, Lost Worlds doesn't seem to not only have anything I'm look for in a Sonic game outside of him, but it doesn't even have his original appeal anymore. Even the guy in the video I posted said it's looking like it's being designed like a Mario game(something people either don't see or makes the game instatly perfect because mario is above all flaws), so I'm not the only one who sees this.

His dissected vids are great simply because everything he's saying can be applied to any story. However his older video's were slapstick comedy type things which you can find on his newgrounds page. His vids are pretty old at this point

His dissected vids are great simply because everything he's saying can be applied to any story. However his older video's were slapstick comedy type things which you can find on his newgrounds page. His vids are pretty old at this point

Agreed, plus he's spot on about everything that's wrong with the recent titles in a certain way, I guess because he focuses more on pointing out his own observations rather then stating them as opinion that anyone can argue against, whether they are true or not. He even points out that whe it comes to appealing to kids, the classics were at least neutral, because if you say colors is kiddy, fans will generally point that the series was always aimed for kids, due to them being too impulsive to get what we're saying, but at the same time, we're saying these things in a way they can argue against. I hope a made sense.

Didn't know his videos were old, but it says a lot about his credit. :)

Been some time since anyone posted here O_o

Anyways, here's the new update/trailer concerning the color wisps. And they look pretty neat if you ask me.

Cool wisps. Haven't really seen much of this, but I guess Sega are going for something a little like colous again. Only different villains. Can't wait to see how it turns out

I wonder if we will meet any other new sonic characters. (You know. Besides the new ghost enemies)

I wonder if we will meet any other new sonic characters. (You know. Besides the new ghost enemies)

I heard in one of Rrogers vids that Tails, Amy and Knuckles will be in it, cuz you know, it really makes sense for knuckles to be in floating random shape land while he's supposed to be guarding the master emerald.

I heard in one of Rrogers vids that Tails, Amy and Knuckles will be in it, cuz you know, it really makes sense for knuckles to be in floating random shape land while he's supposed to be guarding the master emerald.

Since when did things need to make sense? Knuckles always complains when he isn't guarding the master emerald, but it doesn't stop him from constantly going on adventures and abandoning the master emerald in the process

Yes, they will be in the game. However, Sonic will be the only playable character.

In sonic stadium it says it's a darker game with a higher esr rating. Go check it yourself.