BlurryDawgo

Sonic Lost World

299 posts in this topic

I'm just annoyed that it's in green hill zone again. It's like the most overused video game level every. It's not even that interesting

WIND HILL. Not GREEN HILL.

Mario does the same thing with world 1 and 2. Grass world then sand world, and sometimes they do the whole cycle of all 8. Generally I'm no longer surprised by anything Sega does that may seem like it came from Nintendo idea.

Um, it's Dessert Ruins, as in chocolate, not sand.

The dessert was a pun on desert.....it's still a desert map. I don't know if you were being serious about those corrections or trying to be funny.

I don't want to get my hopes up on it. Don't get me wrong it sounds like a great game, but so did sonic and the black knight. It wasn't bad but that game was strange to say the least.

I haven't really gotten my hopes up. So far besides 06, there hasn't been a new gen game I didn't enjoy unless I haven't played it, and even 06 had it's flaws to make it reasonable as to why it was bad. (The story line still sucked though, especially in the end). As long as I can still run fast, Sonic's made his game standard with me.

The dessert was a pun on desert.....it's still a desert map. I don't know if you were being serious about those corrections or trying to be funny.

The first one.

Sonic and Eggman are teaming up? What a big surprise! I think that…Baldy McNosehair's gonna betray Blue Boy at the end, isn't he?

Well, I guess it's called "Lost World" because Sonic Extreme was "lost".

Well, I'm ecstatic about this game. Luckily, I have a 3DS to use. Sadly, I don't have a Wii U, but someone in my immediate surroundings might...

As far as their console choice goes, I really wish SEGA didn't make it Nintendo exclusive, but given the financial situation they probably don't have much of a choice. Of course, these kinds of decisions are probably not made by people who have the fans' best interest in mind anyway, if SEGA is anything like Capcom. Nevertheless, I have to say that Nintendo was the most obvious choice, since Nintendo had the most exclusives anyway (The storybook series, Sonic Chronicles, the 3DS version of Generations, Sonic and Mario at the Olympic games. Although Nintendo did get the short end of the stick when they released Unleashed...). SONY did get Sonic Rivals, but... well, Sonic Rivals. Also, Microsoft and its Xbox One was a no-no for any smart developer, and the PS4 is more targeted towards older audiences and darker games. Sonic almost fits as a Nintendo game.

I'm pretty lucky on the console part, though. As was said earlier, a lot of countries aren't targeted by Nintendo, so they are essentially excluded from this game, which looks amazing.

But man, we should really talk about the actual game. The first thing I noticed about it was its new art style. Like Unleashed and Generations, it has a high-polygon, light art style; yet it's somehow very different. It is really reminiscent of Sonic Jam's Sonic World and, of course, Sonic Extreme. It's got a lighter, but less shiny look, I think. The models don't looks polished or glossed over. I really like it, from what I've seen. It's simple, and way off-scale. Really reminds me of Kirby 64: It's not as realistic-looking as Unleashed and Generations. Really trippy.

And man, that gameplay looks orgasmic. I would really like to compare it to that fanmade Sonic X-treme remake, Project AXSX. This game looks just really expansive, and they could do a lot with it.

P.S: What's the deal with Sonic, in the trailer, about to confront the Deadly Six, then just running away?

Sonic and Eggman are teaming up? What a big surprise! I think that…Baldy McNosehair's gonna betray Blue Boy at the end, isn't he?

Has he ever not betrayed Sonic, except at a final boss stage (Sonic Adventure 1 & 2, Sonic Unleashed)?

Not to mention, the enemies are the "Deadly Six," but there are 7 Chaos Emeralds. It would just make sense that there's one extra zone, and that would be either another monster like the Deadly Six, or, more probably, Eggman.

WIND HILL. Not GREEN HILL.

Who cares what it's called it's still the same as the game released in 1991. Pure lazyness. As for my actual thoughts apart from that. I don't care that much to be honest. I Just like the comics :D

The gameplay definitely looks good. It seems they've managed to keep the sense of speed alive while having these rotating worlds. I like the little ghost effect as Sonic runs fast. It reminds me of the Advance games when you built up enough speed. As for the actual look it's looks a little too Nintendo-y for my liking. I like how vibrant the stage looks but there's just something off. I can't put my finger on it. It's almost too vibrant. Same for the story really. These Deadly Six don't seem very deadly. Hopefully this is just for the Nintendo partnership. I'd like to see the next main series Sonic game actually have a good, somewhat serious story, like the old Adventure Games or Shadow's story in 06 (the only semi-decent one in that game). And as for Eggman and Sonic teaming up, for some reason I think there's going to be a mystery 7th member of the Deadly Six or maybe even a third party who acts as the final boss for Sonic and Eggman, who would naturally go back to being mortal enemies once the threat is over. Or they could just go for the obvious "Eggman's stabbed you in the back".

Who cares what it's called it's still the same as the game released in 1991. Pure lazyness. As for my actual thoughts apart from that. I don't care that much to be honest. I Just like the comics :D

A anti-greenhillist, huh? Well, I wouldn't be surprised if you threw up every time you saw a checkerboard.

I'd have to agree with you guys on both the graphics and the gameplay. I really do hope that trailer was just in standard definition or something cause unleashed had amazing visuals and I would love to see that kind of work again. I may not be one for rotating worlds and capsule like areas but the gameplay itself does look like a lot of fun. I'm guessing they want to appeal to a younger audience or something by making the deadly six a little comical, also it's in Sonic's nature to mess around with is enemies, so him running away is understandable. Probably relishes the challenge. I'm just hoping they do it right, cause although I like a little humor, Sonic has to be serious sometimes. Gotta put things into perspective, an entire world is going to be lost from evil deeds.

I agree with most of your comments. The gameplay looks really good. I like that you don't crash into things and suddenly stop and the new way you run sounds pretty good. On the side of visuals, they are, like you all said seriously vibrant! However, that's what I really like about the game, but I do hope the graphics are as up to scratch as Generations and Unleashed. On the debate about the deadly six, I think they'll probably be no where near as dark or creepy as Mephiles or Metal Sonic. Also, I heard that not only will Lost World feature new villains. but new friends of Sonic as well. Could this mean a possible return from Mighty? I know he's not a new character, but I'd like to see him back. Unfortunately for me, I don't have a Wii U, but when the day comes that my Wii breaks, I'm pretty sure what to replace it with.

A anti-greenhillist, huh? Well, I wouldn't be surprised if you threw up every time you saw a checkerboard.

I'm just bored of it. It's been used to death. That and it's not even a very interesting level to begin with

Oh, yeah. That level makes Sonic games more predictable.

Looking at the photos in the gallery for sonic lost worlds, I know the level itself looks a little kiddish but Sonic has some really good detail and fading to him. They may have just went all good graphics on the characters and the world itself is purposely less detailed due to its nature? Any other excuses and they're just lazy.

Anyone notice that the Deadly Six and Sonic together have the same colors as the Chaos Emeralds?

Yeah, it's pretty much the same... But at least it's the only Sonic game to do so far. I see the stage designs more as a honor to the cancelled game Sonic X-treme, which came out 11 years earlier that Super Mario Galaxy. But well, we don't know. Still, after watching the trailer several times, I'm getting pretty pumped up :D I might buy a Wii U anyways, this is only stimulating me to do it even sooner.

Sonic Extreme Galaxy : https://securecdn.disqus.com/uploads/mediaembed/images/504/7723/original.jpg

Anyone notice that the Deadly Six and Sonic together have the same colors as the Chaos Emeralds?

It's going to be like generations : beat a boss , get a emerald.

If they would use comic zones in games it would be cool and not boring if it starts with any zone but not Green plants in it.

If it's going to be like that, I'm really curious to see who has the White/Silver chaos emerald and the main boss. They gotta get some ultra bady in there somewhere.

Heh, I was just about to post the link as well! :P While I don't mind the 2D levels, I really don't like the feel of the levels thus far. And in the third level shown seemed to imply you can't control Sonic's speed during it... Oh dear.

Not sure if I'd write it off quite yet, but the more I see, the less I'm excited about it.

I think Nintendo is a lot more influenced in this game than they should. The whole Dessert ruins thing is the exact same pun as from New Super Mario. The gauntlet of truffles, as he called it, is also the same idea from those large lines of bullet bills. In terms of the 2D, it seems like some stages are while other stages aren't but I'm not as upset as I usually am because like he said, They allow you to differentiate between walking and running, also the camera angle is zoomed out a lot, and even if you run at full speed, you still have some control over it, and there isn't an ungodly amount of platforming like generations. The non-stop running thing, I did like it in 06 but as usual, that game was very under-developed so hopefully they made it better. I'm very upset with the fact you cant play as Tails, Knuckles, or Amy though. They could at the very least help in a boss battle. I don't know if it's just me but I tend to skip through cut scenes once I already see them once, so after the first play-through, I'm not gonna see them again. Still I'm really excited for a new Sonic game so I'm not going to skip buying it or a Wii U as my next console. Just have to hope this new form of play is a lot better hands-on compared to watching someone else play.

I get Windy Hill and Dessert Ruins 1, but Dessert Ruins 2-I don't get the honeycombs.

I'm just as baffled. I guess they don't want us knowing all of the names of everything. Or honey goes with a lot of treats.....

I think it looks really promising. I really like how they've made the game more cartoonish compared to previous titles. My only complaint is that I wish the boost remained, but I guess you can't win em all. I really like the truck load of references to old 2D games though.