BlurryDawgo

Sonic Lost World

299 posts in this topic

This is a really promising title. I love the cartoonish worlds and features. It's like a mash up of classic 2D Sonic games, Super Mario Galaxy and Sonic X-Treme.

So the gimmick this time round is rotatable worlds. At least that's cleared up.

Eh, I dunno. Something about that trailer seemed a little... off. Hopefully I'm just being paranoid, but I'll wait and see what people think before looking to buy myself.

It seems like they revived Sonic X-Treme, right down to the rotating worlds. I'm not a huge fan of the whole cartoony style but the gameplay definitely looks interesting.

Those so-called six guardians don't really look like a treat to me. They seem foolish actually...

I don't know about the gameplay... It looks meh.

Oh well, just got to wait till the final result.

I just found this out while watching the Sonic Show live stream reactions

Apparently Wisps are in the game in fact you can see them in the trailer if you look hard enough I believe its 50 seconds

Ah.. so this is what we'll be getting. The game looks inspired by Super Mario Galaxy, hopefully won't be too similar. Its looks overall fun actually but I don't have a Wii-U! Kinda disappointed about the whole contract with Nintendo thing. The new six guardians don't look very threatening to me, meh, not really fond of the cartoony style. Good to know that Tails, Knuckles and Amy will appearing unlike recent games, but I would want them to bring back more characters to play as. A little interesting and disappointing at the same time..

If they did a team fighter thing with just Knuckles tagging along and all 4 characters would be playable, that would be hot. i also realized they can take the werehog mechanics a bit and make Knuckles stages out of them. If they're gonna take multiple game ideas, it's something to consider cause making him chase after the Master Emerald again may be too cliche. I like him in action stages.

(Sorry for my style of typing, I'm on the terribad computer again yay...) I believe Sega mentioning they will introduce new characters (which are most likely the guardians) but also keep the old characters, so probably they would make an appeareance. By the way, could it be possible that the guardians are missleaded by Eggman? Like guardians such as Knuckles, they are protecting but don;t turn out to be bad. But besides, I still think they got a bad design. I hope they will be serious villains like Dark gaia, who surely would have scared the freak out of children with his final transformation :P

Seeing as how it's a Nintendo partnership I doubt the guardians will be particularly threatening or serious. Oh well. I don't have a Wii U or a 3DS anyway so this doesn't particularly disappoint me, though I hope this cartoony style is just for the partnership. I'm glad this is more of a spinoff as opposed to a new main series game. At least I hope it is. Makes the exclusivity deal less painful.

(Sorry for my style of typing, I'm on the terribad computer again yay...) I believe Sega mentioning they will introduce new characters (which are most likely the guardians) but also keep the old characters, so probably they would make an appeareance. By the way, could it be possible that the guardians are missleaded by Eggman? Like guardians such as Knuckles, they are protecting but don;t turn out to be bad. But besides, I still think they got a bad design. I hope they will be serious villains like Dark gaia, who surely would have scared the freak out of children with his final transformation :P

i don't want to see eggman as 1# bad guy again and i don't think any 1# serious bad guy and cool and scary like dark gaia... i hope the size of game don't go over 2 gb or a least i should hope for 3ds emulator... Edited by Lunar Chaos
mod edit: no huge fonts or else trashing will ensue

That image sums it up pretty nicely Neo Metal Sonic. Also that Dark Gaia transformation was epic and terrifying at the same time when i first saw it. Unfortunately, looking at that trailer, I don't think the enemies or graphics will be anywhere near the same as before. I'm just hoping they don't go full nintendo and practically remake the same game and add in some op power up each time.

im not intersted in faces of those gauridans (did i write right? if it's wrong sorry) they are not these :

1.cool

2.creepy

3.big

4.full equiped with weapon , etc

I also wanted to show you guys the official boxart of the 3DS and the Wii U version. Sonic looks pretty way past cool over there... Just give him some cheerleader clothes and tatah perfect :D

sonic-lost-world-box-art.jpg?w=604&h=850sonic_lost_world_boxart_3ds.jpg

I'm just annoyed that it's in green hill zone again. It's like the most overused video game level every. It's not even that interesting

Mario does the same thing with world 1 and 2. Grass world then sand world, and sometimes they do the whole cycle of all 8. Generally I'm no longer surprised by anything Sega does that may seem like it came from Nintendo idea.

1 person likes this

Mario does the same thing with world 1 and 2. Grass world then sand world, and sometimes they do the whole cycle of all 8. Generally I'm no longer surprised by anything Sega does that may seem like it came from Nintendo idea.

Yeah, it's pretty much the same... But at least it's the only Sonic game to do so far. I see the stage designs more as a honor to the cancelled game Sonic X-treme, which came out 11 years earlier that Super Mario Galaxy. But well, we don't know. Still, after watching the trailer several times, I'm getting pretty pumped up :D I might buy a Wii U anyways, this is only stimulating me to do it even sooner.

Oh I'm most definitely going to get it regardless. I've already come to the mental consensus that buying a Wii U and 3Ds will be the same price, if not cheaper, than the next gen consoles. I've already made game lists and everything. This holidays going to be gold for me :D

And it's just as bad if not worse when they do it. I hate how Nintendo can get away with things other devs could only dream of

Oh I feel you. It's amazing how much people complain when games use the same level texture and everyone P*ssed, whereas Nintendo will take the whole Darn level again and not a single soul says something.

1 person likes this

I don't want to get my hopes up on it. Don't get me wrong it sounds like a great game, but so did sonic and the black knight. It wasn't bad but that game was strange to say the least.