BlurryDawgo

Sonic Lost World

299 posts in this topic

Seems like no matter where I go, everyone is always mentioning the Tails part of the cutscene. And in fairness... yes, it's very sad to see him portrayed as a coward. Hopefully, it was just for this cutscene, since it did look like the threat was too much for them at that moment. But if Tails is like this for most (if not all) of the game... I'll be having a few words with the writers and/or Sonic Team... In other news, there was a recent interview with Takashi Iizuka were he mentions why the Colour Powers are back, as well as the significance of other characters, such as Knux and Shadow. Here's the link for the full interview: (http://www.soniczone...ndex.php?id=107)

SN: is there a particular reason Sonic Team decided to bring back the Colour Powers from Sonic Colours? Is Lost World meant to be a direct sequel, or more of a spinoff?

Iizuka: To clarify, the story is completely separate from Colours, it is not a sequel in that sense. As far as the colour power implementation goes, In Sonic Colours, it was a key selling point for that game, but as a team, we really like colour powers, and we intend to keep using them. We want to standardise them in the games, as long as it matches the playability, in each case. It wasn't a one-off in Colours, we will continue to use them in Sonic games in the future.

Z:0: Is it fair to say that you're finding it hard to make full use of certain characters like Shadow and Knuckles? It's been a while since they've had significant roles in any game.

Iizuka: Sonic's friends still play a really important role within the Sonic universe, and we really do want them to shine. But for them to shine, we want to make sure that Sonic himself can take the centre stage, and really appeal to the audience, so we wanted to make sure we really focused on Sonic and his gameplay first. And in the meantime, we've had games like Mario & Sonic, where the other characters have a place where people can enjoy playing as them. So it's not like they're completely being sidelined at all, but we just wanted to focus on Sonic and the gameplay first. And moving forwards, we want to make sure we're providing content where Sonic's friends have a place to take centre stage.

So, what do you guys think? Is this a welcome choice, or is it something you're not looking forward to?

I'd be a little worried about standardizing the colour powers. It would take away the whole meaning behind colour. And it would make it boring

But what if they make inventive uses of Them in colours specifics puzzle , or in mini games ? We can't say anything until they are done and have shipped the game.

Darn it Tails, what happened? You forgot how to fight in the last 5 years or something?

Sega forbid him to be someone who destroys robots for if i not mistake for 4 main games and with lost world , 5 games

Don't be too mad about Tails . In fact , it even help to remind about thefact that he is just a kid . And as such , he can be scared .

True, he is a kid. But look at what that kid has done in the past. By this stage, he should be less scared, not more.

I do have a theory about Tails, that Sonic is subconsciously holding him back. When forced to do something alone, Tails rises to the challenge. When Sonic is there, he doesn't try at all because 'Sonic will sort it all out'.

Also, NegaMetallix, overwhelming forces? Not compared to the starting cutscene of Unleashed.

As for the colour powers, meh, I'm not sure. I wasn't overly keen on them in Colors, because they were just there to bypass the occasional obstacle. Rather than you choosing which power to use where, the game was like 'you must use power X here to continue'.

Who knows? maybe did they learn from their mistake .

The interest here ... wait that theory sound good. After all, Sonic is Tail's Hero .

Don't know why people are getting annoyed at that. I mean everybody was running away

Yeah , But you know , it's the fandom... And because Of reason.

1 person likes this

He has faced many dangers. Yes, everyone is running away, but he could help Sonic in the fight rather than make himself a target

Calm down Dylan, It's just a cutscene. Before crying around , wait to see the rest of the game , before having an opinion. What i'm really afraid of , is the possibility that people might want to ship tails and eggman together , like in chronicle.

2 people like this

Also, NegaMetallix, overwhelming forces? Not compared to the starting cutscene of Unleashed.

You have a point. In that case, even I'm not sure why they all ran away. Maybe it's just easier to wait until an English version of the cutscene is released.

Well , at least , It looks like the gale might get better . For now, I'll trust sega . And hope they'll give more information about this other project of them.

I'll tell you my experience for this game when I go to the (. ..- .-. --- --. .- -- . .-. / . -..- .--. ---) on September 27. (The message is in Morse code, by the way.)

So, you're going to the Eurogamer Expo?

I'll tell you my experience for this game when I go to the (. ..- .-. --- --. .- -- . .-. / . -..- .--. ---) on September 27. (The message is in Morse code, by the way.)

You're going to Eurogamer too, huh? If they've got a Lost World demo there, then I guess I'll give the game another go (if the queues aren't ridiculously long, that is).

I'm mad . I'm very mad. You all might go there. and I won't ... I'm goung to miss not only the games, but the cute little cosplay .... I'm sad....

Don't be upset, Locke. Think of what you can do instead.

If it makes you feel any better, I'm also not going

I'm Thinking about I can fo instead.... It's not making me feel any better Dylan. I enjoy these meeting , As it remind me that I'm not the only gamer around . But there is only one of these convention once a year on my island , and last year was it's third edition . Well let's be frank. Compared to the second one, it wasn't so great. But still , I'm looking forwqrd to it . and I'll gry deeply for all these competitive fps that will get thrown away once again in preference for league of Legend ...

Sorry, Locke. I'll only get 5-7 pm available. And I'm not thinking of cosplaying. I'll tell you about it! And don't worry! There's always next year! Just how do you get to the US from east of Madagascar?

You're going to Eurogamer too, huh? If they've got a Lost World demo there, then I guess I'll give the game another go (if the queues aren't ridiculously long, that is).

Wait, when did you go?

How about a Rayman/Sonic crossover?

Wait, when did you go?

This is my first time going, though my brother is the one who planned to go there in the first place. I'm just kinda tagging along.

Also, if you're wondering, I previously played a demo of Lost World at Summer of Sonic earlier this month. (It was... interesting.) I might write up my full thoughts later.

Apperently , my post got eaten by the demon of this forum. Oh well. Even though I live near "CLOSE EVERYTHING" Madagascar, Reunion Island actually has access to loads of destinations from his airport .

Has for your crossover.... It's a thing I have been waiting for . FOR YEARS. But the amount of awesome would be deadly without the correct protection.

Actually, now that we've seen many (perhaps all) of the new Wisp Powers, I'd like to list them all down here (minus the ones from 'Colours', obviously):

- Indigo Asteroid (Both versions)

- Crimson Eagle (Wii-U exclusive)

- Magenta Rhythm (Wii-U exclusive)

- Black Bomb (Wii-U exclusive, Miiverse-only)

- Grey Quake (3DS exclusive)

- Ivory Lightning (3DS exclusive)

So I'd like to know: now that we've seen most of these new powers in-game recently, what are your thoughts on them as a whole and/or individually, guys?

The wisps in Sonic colours were great, so these new ones have a lot to live up to