NegaMetallix

Sonic Forces (Xbox One, PS4, PC & Nintendo Switch)

154 posts in this topic

Here's an odd statistic.

So on Steam, for Sonic Generations, 83% of owners bothered playing it, and only 54% of players completed Sky Sanctuary.  I.e. the third act.  The drop off is pretty steep after that.  And only 20% of players completed it.

In contrast, Forces had 87% of people played it, and 51% of them actually completed it..... what?  Just... what?  I enjoyed Forces, but Generations is miles better as a game, so... huh?

1 person likes this

Maybe because Forces is easier? Or did it sell better than Generations?

Forces is easier..... until you get to the controller snapping sections at which point it is much harder for brief moments...

I'm not sure what the figures were, I couldn't find them.

That moment when you're listening to the soundtrack and you realise that one of the main leitmotifs is also the main theme from Avatar: The Last Airbender! 

Alright, so I had some time to think, and I got curious, then confused. 

Basically, if the world map should be the same world from Unleashed, then why does it look nothing like it? Where’s all the cities from Unleashed? Why is Green Hill not on an island? And why is Chemical Plant not near Green Hill? 

Here’s where my view of the game is: it’s ALL on South Island. Albeit the island takes up the whole world it’s my best lead. 

Anyone have any ideas or points that I may have overlooked?

Well.... apparently the 'Two separate worlds' thing from Sonic X is canon to the games... so... Unleashed took place on Earth, and Forces took place on 'Unnamed Sonic's Homeworld'.  

Dang it, now I want a prelude to Unleashed. 

Makes sense I guess, I just found it strange that all the populous suddenly is exclusively Mobians unless the IDW comics can give us a better answer.

Well.... apparently the 'Two separate worlds' thing from Sonic X is canon to the games... so... Unleashed took place on Earth, and Forces took place on 'Unnamed Sonic's Homeworld'.  

But... this has never been explained, as far as I know. This is a HUGE game-changer (pun intended) in the canon.

So, how do they travel from one planet to the other? Why do they do it? 

I think that's a reeeeeeally lazy explanation. They don't care about the lore this series has anymore. Which is a shame, considering how many possibilities they had

But... this has never been explained, as far as I know. This is a HUGE game-changer (pun intended) in the canon.

So, how do they travel from one planet to the other? Why do they do it? 

I think that's a reeeeeeally lazy explanation. They don't care about the lore this series has anymore. Which is a shame, considering how many possibilities they had

Yes, yes, and yes.  They DON'T care about the lore.  Only Sonic fans do, and we're the ones who try to make sense of the mess SEGA gives us, not SEGA itself! ;-p 

There must be another explanation to this, I mean look at the difference between how humans looked from ‘06 (even though it didn’t happen) to Unleashed. I still believe that all the stages in Forces are all just on South Island. Another factor that it’s all on Mobius is the world itself, the continents and nations are out of whack. If Wisps are in the next 3D Sonic game with a global map then that’ll make my case. 

Man, looking back at this I realize maybe I should be a spokesperson doing pitches. XD 

The difference in human design from Adventure to 06 to Unleashed is simply a change in art design, nothing more. Any game with humans around are set in the human world, while any without them (besides Eggman) are set on Sonic's world.

...Sorry, I meant to say 'Modern' Sonic's world, since he and Classic Sonic are now separate entities from alternate dimensions.

Edited by NegaMetallix

There must be another explanation to this, I mean look at the difference between how humans looked from ‘06 (even though it didn’t happen) to Unleashed. I still believe that all the stages in Forces are all just on South Island. Another factor that it’s all on Mobius is the world itself, the continents and nations are out of whack. If Wisps are in the next 3D Sonic game with a global map then that’ll make my case. 

Man, looking back at this I realize maybe I should be a spokesperson doing pitches. XD 

There are plenty SENSIBLE explanations to this.  But sensible is, alas, not something that current canon is!

Sensible is boring, if the cannon wasn't such a huge mess, then it wouldn't be fun to talk about.

Sensible is boring, if the cannon wasn't such a huge mess, then it wouldn't be fun to talk about.

You have an excellent point.

True dat.

But a more organized canon would be more pleasant to talk about. I think. Maybe.
Sonic Forces had the chance to "fix" part of the messed up timeline Sega has been giving us. 
I've always seen a enormous potential in Sonic's canonnical storyline, but seems the writers in Sega don't know what they're doing. Which is weird and kinda sad, considering the story might be the one of the easiest tasks in Sonic's videogame creation?

Edited by ChaosKaiser

Wait... UNLEASHED WASN'T ON MOBIUS?! o_o NANI?! But in comics it makes sense?! I mean ofc there are humans too (or overlanders whatever) and Mobians. The Humans mostly live in other cities and villages outside from our usual zones. (Is what I thought) Since no one is surprised of Mobians being there, I just thought it was Mobius. (Though if we're being technical here) Mobius IS Earth. Just many hundred years later. and even more hundreds of years later the surviving humans came back to their planet. I just thought the people in Unleashed were part of them?

And this is why Sonic 'canon' is so messed up!

And don;t compare it to the comics.... the comics are completely different...  Heck, it's almost at a stage where every single Sonic game is actally it's own reality!

1 person likes this

And this is why Sonic 'canon' is so messed up!

And don;t compare it to the comics.... the comics are completely different...  Heck, it's almost at a stage where every single Sonic game is actally it's own reality!

So... ._. .... Does Mania happen on Mobius? 

Mania happened in the 'Classic Universe'.  That is why Classic Sonic is referred to being from a different dimension in Forces.

1 person likes this

Mania happened in the 'Classic Universe'.  That is why Classic Sonic is referred to being from a different dimension in Forces.

But if it's classic then it IS on Mobius, since the original games happened there? (although I don't think they ever said the name out loud?) But definitely the closest thing to that. So Modern Sonic and like Adventure 1 & 2, Shadow the Hedgehog, happen on Earth. and Riders... the whole thing would have to be in another planet. or Futuristic Earth?

Apparently Mobius is just cartoons and comics, and the games it's just 'Sonic's World'.  *sighs* I got chewed out by someone for trying to use Mobius in that context! *rolls eyes*

But honestly, I've given up trying to follow offical canon.  It's just a broken mess

1 person likes this

Apparently Mobius is just cartoons and comics, and the games it's just 'Sonic's World'.  *sighs* I got chewed out by someone for trying to use Mobius in that context! *rolls eyes*

But honestly, I've given up trying to follow offical canon.  It's just a broken mess

I will never give up o___o just like I won't give up on you, Senpai- I mean Skye. (okay sorry)

but really... so if Forces has no humans (well besides Eggman) I suppose it is Sonic's World.  So then Generations is that too. So if we take that in count it seems that it stops being human and Mobians in same world after like... Riders/Unleashed? So it is a different world. I think Colors is the same?

I will never give up o___o just like I won't give up on you, Senpai- I mean Skye. (okay sorry)

Well that took an unexpected turn! 

Forces is definitly Sonic's Mobius! ;p  Generations, all we see of it is one field, so it could be either, but likely not Earth.  Ditto Colours, we don;t really see that planet.

Here's the fun one.  Adventure 1.  Has humans and Station Square.  Has the Floating Island and Mystic Ruins.  How does that square?

1 person likes this

Well that took an unexpected turn! 

Forces is definitly Sonic's Mobius! ;p  Generations, all we see of it is one field, so it could be either, but likely not Earth.  Ditto Colours, we don;t really see that planet.

Here's the fun one.  Adventure 1.  Has humans and Station Square.  Has the Floating Island and Mystic Ruins.  How does that square?

..........Heck O-O didn't think of that.