NegaMetallix

Sonic Forces (Xbox One, PS4, PC & Nintendo Switch)

154 posts in this topic

Whoa whoa whoa! SEGA has already answered one wet dream by adding OCs into the game. Let's not jinx it by asking for more ;)

(I'd be surprised if there was... but would very much enjoy it if there was too)

1 person likes this

I'd be up for that...

Please please please be a co-op mode!

Second the notion! If it does, we MUST play together guys!

1 person likes this

It would be rather foolish of them to NOT include it after making an avatar function.

But then... Sonic Team and Common Sense do not often see eye-to-eye.

What I am hoping is that the rest of the game has solid gameplay.  Sonic games ALWAYS have gimmicks in them, and they usually make or break the game.  This time the gimmick is the custom character, so if there are no further gimmicks, the gameplay SHOULD be good.

So for cat, will it be Blaze style? can we make modded versions of Big? How much variety in body type?

Sorry i must know. Some part of me wants to re-enact the story "Kill Big" from the STC online.

1 person likes this

I suspect it will be the Blaze style, give the custom character seems to be an acrobatic gadgeteer type.  And I really doubt they'll be much variety.  

I hope I'm wrong, but there seems to be more limitations the more you look at it.

Well this is something new. I expect they're kind of testing the market here instead of going all in on it

Well it's not out YET, so.... we might have a chance of getting more body types than one, true the chances are slim but... We can always hope right?

Well....  They could be holding out more options as DLC as Thire suggested.  Given today's market, that's pretty likely.

On the other hand, SEGA might be putting strict limitations on what a Sonic character can look like.  This, given how dumb some of their decisions have been, is MORE likely than DLC, and is gonna send them on a collision course with EVERY Sonic fan who has ever made an OC, good or bad.

But when all is said and done, if this is still gonna be heading to the PC, there's always mods!

1 person likes this

First thought:  Oh, that music sounds like Deus Ex

Second thought: Egg Dragoon?  Cool!

Third thought: Hmm.... The custom character uses an energy whip.  Maybe he was suppose to be Boom Sonic until they realise how unpopular Boom was?

Fourth thought: Chaos and Shadow back on the villain team.  Hmm... like like it might be a Generations for Villain.  Chaos looks cool in updated graphics.

Fifth thought: Huh... My guess, this new bad guy is some kind of 'cosmic hacker' and he's 'edited' some of Sonic's past, which is why Chaos and Shadow are back on team badguy

Final thought: That logo twist was pretty cool.  Looks like they're dropping the 'colourful cartoony' style of Lost World and going to more.... Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06.......  well.... if they can pull it off...

2 people like this

Don't give me false hope SEGA. As a Marvel and DC fan, it's easy to know what infinity means for me.

1 person likes this

Ow... the edge...

Step aside, Shadow, 'cuz there's a new EDGELORD in town!

Edited by ChaosKaiser
1 person likes this

Ow... the edge...

Step aside, Shadow, 'cuz there's a new EDGELORD in town!

So he IS Mephiles!

I honestly don't think he's Mephiles. I have no idea who he is behind the mask, but I have a theory about why Infinite is like this: mysterious, dark, powerful, with a song that talks about pain, death and dark stuff... (song which I specially like)

I think that, while the Custom Hero is what Sega might see as a "good fan-character", Infinite might represent the Shadow-like edgy and over-the-top fan-character, with habilities that allow him to change reality at will?
So in the end, Sonic Forces storyline could be a representation of the creative struggle between a sensitive and good creation (our avatar) vs. a Mary-Sue (Infinity). But even being a Mary-Sue-like character, I love Infinite!

Or maybe I'm crazy, and see symbolism where there is a way more simple explaination...

I would love that explanation!  Very meta!

1 person likes this

So that means only wolves and whatever other species you can make are the "good" fan characters and everything else is bad. Got it :P

Honestly though. With an OTT name like Infinity and with him looking like some creepy OTT ghost mixed species I can totally get behind him being a "bad" fan chatacter

(Also for some reason his eyes remind me of Monokuma. Just sayin')

2 people like this

Yes, Dylan, making a fan-character that isn't a wolf, rabbit, dog, bird, bear, cat or hedgehog is WRONG!

Jokes aside, maybe it's not like that. Maybe Infinite can be... Mister Needlemouse? You know, Sonic's prototype could have been a rabbit, a star-guy, and, once they decided he was a hedgehog, Oshima drew him with many more spikes. That might explain Infinite's mixed species, and him wearing a mask, since "he has no face"?

I'm theorizing too much. Please, somebody stop me

Edited by ChaosKaiser

No foxes?  Awwwwwwwwwww!  Wait, so I'm a hideous abomination? 

NO!  KEEP THEORIZING!  THEORIZING IS FUN!

No foxes?  Awwwwwwwwwww!  Wait, so I'm a hideous abomination? 

NO!  KEEP THEORIZING!  THEORIZING IS FUN!

Yes... Fun...  F U N    I S    I N F I N I T E

Sorry, but I had to say it...

Or they could go with Infinite being a possible future of your character, one of those you either became evil to stop evil; or simply grew out of control to become a twisted and distorted version of what you once were. Or something along those lines.

1 person likes this

Or Infinite could be SEGA's demonization of all fan characters and stories, like, here make your own character, but if do anything else with it, it's gonna be overpowered trash, like this dude. 

Or maybe I'm just being salty about the comics and stuff.

You might, and i don't blame you, and that sounds petty, but this is Sega, and they did just do that, so you're justified in those feelings and it might actually be the case.

I wonder how close an OC can get to Metal Sonic in this game.