NegaMetallix

Sonic Forces (Xbox One, PS4, PC & Nintendo Switch)

154 posts in this topic

Well... if it was done well, it could have been fun, especially if you get spotted you could still fight as opposed to 'GAME OVER', but the history of these segments in gaming isn't good.  And.. do you really wanna trust SEGA with something so tricky?

Not really. Though as gaming companies go, i have more faith in cap com and Spiderweb Software then i do in Sega. I really wish they'd almost follow the Marvel model...  watch this if you wanna know what i mean,

So we'll have Knuckles and Amy in the game of course...And the Chaotix! 

I'm curious to know if Sega is starting to get ready to do their own take on SATAM. Sonic is archie comic blue, green hill zone has a city built on it, and from the start Eggman has had control just like in SATAM. It's going to be quite interesting and if it does happen to be I hope they bring back a lot of their abandon characters...

Okay, I've seen the trailer of Sonic Forces and, to be honest, I liked it BUT it seemed too similar to Generations and, as @Skye Prower said, "on rails" (which can be due to the skill of the player, of course).

I think we need to wait a little more and see what else Sega has to show, so that we can undestand what's new with Sonic Forces, because right now it definately feels like a Generations 2. Which is great... but not original.

Also, which "Holiday" do you think is Sega refering to? Easter? Summer?? Friggin' CHRISTMAS?!

Okay, I've seen the trailer of Sonic Forces and, to be honest, I liked it BUT it seemed too similar to Generations and, as @Skye Prower said, "on rails" (which can be due to the skill of the player, of course).

I think we need to wait a little more and see what else Sega has to show, so that we can undestand what's new with Sonic Forces, because right now it definately feels like a Generations 2. Which is great... but not original.

Also, which "Holiday" do you think is Sega refering to? Easter? Summer?? Friggin' CHRISTMAS?!

I think it's most likely going to be during the christmas holidays.

Yes, Christmas. They said it was to be released in Q4 of 2017. And I agree, Generations was great, but I want to see a new game.

Great. Another game where you can play as NOT just Sonic but two Sonics! Wow! So much Wow. Sega just doesn't learn.

There is some hope in this third character. Since Eggface has taken over the world the chance of it being Metal Sonic is -100% =_=

You know, at least SEGA have understood that people liked Generation's 2D/3D mashup in contrast to Sonic 4, so at the very least they are playing it safe. Of course we want innovation, but In my opinion, it's better to build upon what already works than creating completely new concepts and messing them up.

Even if Force turns out to be Generation 2.0, I'll gladly take it as long as it's fun. It shouldn't be that difficult to swallow a similar game given that things like classic and handheld Sonic and Mega Man don't really have a lot of changes despite all the different titles.

Edited by arekpowalan

Given that the main complaint with Sonic games tends to be 'STOP TRYING NEW GAMEPLAY GIMMICKS JUST GIVE US WORKING SONIC GAMEPLAY' I can't blame them for going back to Generations as it work solidly back then.

(Sonic and Mario are polar opposites here

Sonic: The games should return to the basics and stop shoehorning in new characters and gameplay

Mario: The games are way too similar they need new gameplay and characters(

1 person likes this

I kind of wish it was the other way around skye. I'll give sega credit for bringing back the choatix but they really need to bring back others as well such as mighty, ray, the babylons and what not.

I don't mean to be that guy but I really hate how Sega can't somehow fit these guys into a game, heck, even classic sonic could possible in this due to silver or something!

This is real. Customizable Character. Oh. My. Gosh. I'M SO FRIGGIN' EXCITED! I LOVE THISSSSS!!!

1 person likes this

This is real. Customizable Character. Oh. My. Gosh. I'M SO FRIGGIN' EXCITED! I LOVE THISSSSS!!!

SAME! I am so going to steal my Ps4 back from my bro now! I really want to see if I can actually make one of my oc's into the game world! That'd be so cool, even if they can't really have special powers!

1 person likes this

*blink*

*blink blink*

This.... is real?  It's not a hoax?

Oh my *bleep bleep bleep*

On the one hand, this is pretty awesome, and the fact they seem to be going down the 'gadgeteer' line is pretty sweet for me.  I can;t wait.

On the other..... oh boy.... If you thought the amount of OC's in Sonic was bad before.......  No WONDER Eggman's upped his game!

2 people like this

*blink*

*blink blink*

This.... is real?  It's not a hoax?

Oh my *bleep bleep bleep*

On the one hand, this is pretty awesome, and the fact they seem to be going down the 'gadgeteer' line is pretty sweet for me.  I can;t wait.

On the other..... oh boy.... If you thought the amount of OC's in Sonic was bad before.......  No WONDER Eggman's upped his game!

Oh yeah. On the good side, maybe some cringey kids can FINALLY shaddap about their "original & awesome" characters, now that they have a game which they can be part of.

(I mean those... REALLY bad characters) I mean I have oc's but I make sure to make their backgrounds at least SOME WAY related to actual Sonic franchise. XD (I mean c'mon I read about a STRIPPER, LESBIAN character once.) and the grammar...

but really the idea is cool, but then again.. it is SO easy to make jokes about it... Gee I wonder what people are going to hate noooooow~ This certainly isn't good for our fandom or anything.

As I've read, there are only 7 possible animals to make: wolf, dog, rabbit, cat, bear, bird and hedgehog. And, as far as I've seen, there are not many customizable features as I would like. It seems pretty limited, but I'm fine with it. It might avoid the over-the-top cringey fan-characters...

On the other hand, I've already seen a lot of hate from different sites talking about this being cringey, or too limited, or just stupid! I mean, C'MON, can we all be a little happy with this? Just once??

Now I understand why many people despise our fanbase...

Edited by ChaosKaiser
1 person likes this

Yeah, for those outside the fandom, it's not gonna look great I have to say.  Especially if it results in a hoard of new 'edgy' characters.

Alright, now I've had a moment to actually process this, I've had a few thoughts.

Chaos has beaten me to one of them, namely how limited it looks.  There seems to be more outfit options than actual appearance ones.  Not even any 'fur patterns' which I'd have expected to be a given.  *looks at speices list* Huh?  No fox?  Awwww.  Well, I guess 'wolf' is supposed to count for all canines then. 

Second.... will this have multiplayer?  I mean, it seems like a way to encourage people to show off their avatars

1 person likes this

Oh it BETTER have a multiplayer! I'd KILL for that. (not really but y'know what I mean)

welp no Echidna???? WHAT in the name of Bivalve is this?! Well there's Hedgehog, Rabbit and Cat. 3/9 pretty cool still.

I wish it wasn't this limited tho... I mean It's good that people create characters... BUT, they should think the stories and names and powers through before calling them ORIGINAL characters.

I just wish people wouldn't hate on us, just because some kinds are being too cringey.

1 person likes this

I just wish people wouldn't hate on us, just because some kinds are being too cringey.

Sorry, Shinomi, but we're Sonic fans. We are already hated. 

1 person likes this

Well I'm in like all 3 the most hated fandoms anyway:

Sonic The Hedgehog

Steven Universe

Anime

So.. I'm used to hating but.. really we like what we like, it doesn't make us bad people. as for this game I REALLY want it to work, and to be liked, even if it is what it is. It seems cool, the backgrounds and the badniks looks cool, and the animation looks way past cool. *thumbs up*

Well, Echidna's have a story reason to not be around.

Bats and the like are probibly out because of flying.

Lack of hairstyles... weelllllllll... tbh, while this is disappointing, well, hairstyle don't exist in the Sonic games, just in other media, so it's not a surprise.

But yeah, StH fans are pretty much the whipping boys of the internet.

1 person likes this

Looks like some good possibilities out of this, but it's not even close to releasing yet, I'm sure they'll add more as we get closer to launch date. And who knows, SEGA will probably have DLC for it...

1 person likes this

Um... did I miss something? Did the fan community take over SEGA without me knowing?

Like... this is not something I'd ever expect to see so this feels like it shouldn't be real. Limited or not

I really don't know how to feel about this. OCs are just going to show up more now. And with OCs come a few unrealistic backstories. Can't wait for those Cinos the hedgehog stories

On the otherhand, making our own character to do stuff is AWESOME. 

So...yeah. I think I'm pretty hyped for this

1 person likes this

Um... did I miss something? Did the fan community take over SEGA without me knowing?

Like... this is not something I'd ever expect to see so this feels like it shouldn't be real. Limited or not

I really don't know how to feel about this. OCs are just going to show up more now. And with OCs come a few unrealistic backstories. Can't wait for those Cinos the hedgehog stories

On the otherhand, making our own character to do stuff is AWESOME. 

So...yeah. I think I'm pretty hyped for this

Dude. if it ever has online multiplayer... PLEASE tell me we can play together?? Along with Skye and other ofc :3

I'd be up for that...

Please please please be a co-op mode!