឴

The Suggestion/Bug Report thread

75 posts in this topic

Well, let me shine some light on this. During few last days the site was under DoS attack by some user (actually he left a few "threatening" comments and showed accidentally who he really is) for unknown reasons. It surely wasn't enough to kill the server, but caused some noticable slowdown. We decided to try CloudFlare for protection, as Sonic Retro does. Unfortunately, its activation cause en.sonicscanf.org to be unavailable for some time, as I forgot to about "en." subdomain prefix, while everything else worked. But the bright side is that it also serves as CDN and should make SCANF load faster now, as static resources (images, css, scripts, etc) are being cached on their side.

I have a suggestion. When we type something or send a message. I don't see a spell corrector. I might have not seen it or something but I don't like spelling words wrong. Just my opinion. :unsure:

I have a suggestion. When we type something or send a message. I don't see a spell corrector. I might have not seen it or something but I don't like spelling words wrong. Just my opinion. :unsure:

Usually spell corrector is a feature of your browser. Do you have it configured properly?

I really don't know. I usually don't spell things wrong but if I did, I don't think anything showed up.

I can put up a suggestion, right?

Well, I visit Sonicscanf via numerous devices, and I have this tablet which can really be a pain by double posting at times. I noticed there is no delete button for posts. I'd be real nice if there is a delete button because otherwise, I might accidentally break the rules.

Well, Thanks in advance! :)

But this might happen a lot *facepalm* and I wouldn't want to bother the admins all the time XD And what bothers me is that double-posting in the RP section is wrong and I triple posted by mistake O.O (though I edited them and they are different now)

Sonic Scanf currently has two galleries; one linked at the top of the page and one as a part of it's encyclopedia.

The latter has superior formatting and categorisation with much more potential to be regularly updated and sorted quickly into accurate and easy-to use categories, so I feel that http://en.sonicscanf.org/gallery/ is a tad obselete despite having more images.

The encyclopdia should be linked on top of the page instead with all the gallery material moved over and linked on it's main page, the latter Iv'e done.

EDIT: Derp, sorry for posting in the wrong section.

Edited by Amomynous

I would just like to report an issue with the recent sonic universe comic #61, its missing its cover page and has either 1 or 2 of the same pages in it, thereby knocking out other pages.

Some pages aren't showing up. I had to download it, hope it gets fixed though. The issue is great.

In the forum (at least in the RP and Party Games section) the ability to colour text doesn't work. You can colour text in the post/edit windows, but it only appears in automatic colour (i.e. black) on the posted post.

I have checked with another user that this is not a local issue.

Sonic #258 has been uploaded, cool, but are you ever gonna fix the problem with SU #61's pages not showing up? I'm saying this for the website, It's not a personal thing since I simply downloaded it and read the full thing.

Sonic #258 has been uploaded, cool, but are you ever gonna fix the problem with SU #61's pages not showing up? I'm saying this for the website, It's not a personal thing since I simply downloaded it and read the full thing.

What pages exactly?

What pages exactly?

Ok. I had not checked recently, it looks like the pages have been fixed, it's just the cover now. Thanks.

This why I can't find a way to upload any saved file attachments on personal messenger full editor. Is there a way you can fix this issue?

Edited by Prince Gabe

Hello. I just signed up to the site and I've noticed a slight bug with the profile settings. Whenever I click on a field to enter information or go to upload an icon for myself, it erases the information is soon as I click enter or try to submit it. I understand that running a site can be tricky but it isn't the best impression for new members. I already went through and verified my account so I don't understand what else it could possibly be.

Edit: Played around with it a bit more and I managed to find another way to fill out my profile information

Edited by chelseamay95

Hello. I was just looking around the news section when I clicked this

Instead of being taken to a page that showed all the parts in that category like with the other news posts, I got taken here

This looked like a normal picture when I originally looked at it but then I highlighted what was said and found the words

Error 404

Page not found

Maybe the page was deleted or you've mistaken. Please, check URL or go to the main page

I'm guessing the link isn't meant to take me to the error page, so this might want to get fixed. And if it is meant to take me there, then perhaps change the text colour to something other than the background colour

Sorry for bothering you, and I must say that is still the best error page I have ever come across

I know what would be nice in the statu section .

The ability to post a picture from internet .

we write in the Pic's url and then post it as status . That would be rad.

Well, I guess I wasn't the only one who checked every hour or so.

I know! I'm waiting for Sonic #264, anyone know when it will be up?

There isn't a specific time to when the comics are uploaded. Its sometime after their release and when the staff are able to upload it

It generally also frowned upon to ask as well.

Having said that, the comic is up now. YAY!

I tried to download MM #23 but the file don't want to open itself. I don't know if it is a problem from the file or just my computer is hating me. Maybe someone can check it out.

I tried to download MM #23 but the file don't want to open itself. I don't know if it is a problem from the file or just my computer is hating me. Maybe someone can check it out.

Have you tried to redownload it? Works for me. What do you open it with?

Soda PDF Reader 3D for Windows 8.1 it is the only think that works to read the comics.