Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SoniX

What's SEGA's opinion on Sonic R?

8 posts in this topic

I ask because i've never seen it re-sold. Like it doesn't exist on Steam, Xbox 360, PS3. Nothing. You can find it on PC on Amazon.com or something, but it doesnt seem they aknowledge it too much. Do they treat it like Sonic 2006?, or don't they just care so much for it. I personally like it though. Its kinda fun and interesting ^^. Much more fun to run than driving a car either way :D

They probably just don't think too much about it. After all, it's arguably one of the more obscure Sonic titles out there. I don't think they'd have any valid reason to re-release it anyway; from what I've seen, fans are very mixed on whether it's a good game or not. I personally find the game to be pretty mediocre, honestly. While some elements are kinda cool (Metal Knuckles!), the overall lack of content (only 5 tracks and barely any alternate gameplay choices) and outright cheapness later on (namely whenever Super Sonic is an opponent) makes me lose interest pretty quickly.

I always wanted to play Sonic R when I saw the Youtube walk throughs...Then the Tails doll thing side tracked me! Can You Feel the Sunshine? Does it brighten up your day?

download (3).jpg

1 person likes this

I always wanted to play Sonic R when I saw the Youtube walk throughs...Then the Tails doll thing side tracked me! Can You Feel the Sunshine? Does it brighten up your day?

download (3).jpg

I thought they were joking when they said Tails doll was in the game, since making weird gore jokes on Sonic or Sanic in some cases have been a thing recently. But nope, it actually exists. I like the soundtrack in the game though, maybe it is short but seems enjoyable :D

Edited by SoniX
1 person likes this

Sonic R is in the same position as Sonic the fighters and Knuckles Chatiox. Sega acknowledge his existence for it's not worth re-releasing them outside of a Mega or Gem Collection, Sonic the fighters must of got a support by a fan or something because that game wasn't release on any system except the GameCube and Playstation 2 in Europe via the Gems Collection.

Also like everyone else said Sonic R is a pretty mediocre game I mean I like it but everyone else not so much the only thing people remember from that game is the creepypasta Tails Doll and the out of place music and Super Sonic Racing which was remix in Sonic Generations with a few voice clip from two Sega Saturn commercial. 

I'm not so sure where to put this or if it should get its own topic due to how small it is. But anyways, in the recent episode of Ian Flynn's Bumblekast podcast, he said that he had gotten notes from Sega of Japan that had said that Sonic R was canon to the games. So it seems that Sega acknowledges the game as part of the official canon. Here's a link to the video to see for yourselves.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_ze15532LII

Like all opinions held by others.. we cannot know unless they tell us. You expect SEGA will have one of their representatives drop in here and give us their opinion?

Otherwise there is no purpose to this topic.

Sonic R is in the same position as Sonic the fighters and Knuckles Chatiox. Sega acknowledge his existence for it's not worth re-releasing them outside of a Mega or Gem Collection, Sonic the fighters must of got a support by a fan or something because that game wasn't release on any system except the GameCube and Playstation 2 in Europe via the Gems Collection.

Also like everyone else said Sonic R is a pretty mediocre game I mean I like it but everyone else not so much the only thing people remember from that game is the creepypasta Tails Doll and the out of place music and Super Sonic Racing which was remix in Sonic Generations with a few voice clip from two Sega Saturn commercial. 

Sonic the Fighters got another rerelease in 2013, for PC, Xbox, and Playstation (consoles may be incorrect). Honey and Metal Sonic were made officially playable. 

I don't think Sonic R got one though.