Chaotix_Espio_24

Two different animals breed, anybody finds that weird?

15 posts in this topic

Hear me out on this, in 30 years later, we see a lot of stuff,

1. Sonic and Sally: Hedgehog and Chipmunk, they breed

2. Tails and Mina: Fox and Mongoose, they breed

3. Bunnie and Antoine: Bunnie and Coyote, they breed

Nobody else finds that weird?

Um... not really. Sally already is part squirrel according to the old timeline

Just how Mobians work

my friend metro was talking about this on devanart.

I don't really find it that bad, until some writer decides to say "hey, maybe we should combine the animals..."

Um... not really. Sally already is part squirrel according to the old timeline

Just how Mobians work

What old timeline?

The comic got rebooted with a new timeline in 252.

And nah, it's not that odd at all.  Mobians are not animals.  Their species appearance is more like how humans have different racial appearances.

As I see it like that, I actually don't mind hybrid looks.  Actually, to take my usual Skye and Melody as an example, they are visibly hybrids as they have the muzzle from the other parent. 

The comic got rebooted with a new timeline in 252.

And nah, it's not that odd at all.  Mobians are not animals.  Their species appearance is more like how humans have different racial appearances.

As I see it like that, I actually don't mind hybrid looks.  Actually, to take my usual Skye and Melody as an example, they are visibly hybrids as they have the muzzle from the other parent. 

well, as long as their not too freaky or wired, like something out of a horror movie or mad scientist movie.

Oh!  I agree with that.  Monster hybrids are horrible.

Oh!  I agree with that.  Monster hybrids are horrible.

yeah. speaking of which a bit of topic but do you think the green fox (i forget her name) might possibly be tails new love interest if ian flynn decides to go that angle? sorry again for going off topic but i don't want to make a whole anther thing about it

If you mean Sonar then depends if they meet (though I ship them anyway XD)

But on topic... Weird hybrid looks shouldn't be a problem since they haven't done anything like it so far. Skye and Melody seem to be as far as they've gone so far. And I'm fine with that

No I don't really find them weird.. I mean c'mon they're aliens and anthomorphic (< Did i write it right? o_o''' ) animals. So two different species breeding is the least of the problems don't you agree? Besides it's kind of the same thing as two completely different humans would have kids together it's practically the same since they are all still alien...ish you know?  

1 person likes this

In the Sonic Universe not really since nobody really treat Sonic & co like animals. People will say it's weird they are doing stuff that their species isn't really known for in Sonic X Chris though it was weird that Hedgehogs couldn't swim or like cat food. So interspecies breeding isn't a huge problem and like everyone else said Skye and Melody are as far as the hybrid system will go. It's more normal then Pokemon that series is weird when it come to breeding.

anthomorphic (< Did i write it right? o_o''' )

no, but it's okay, I typo that word all the time -_- XD

all

the

time

I should be an expert by now... it's "anthropomorphic." and even typing that, I got finger-tied. ^_^; 

I don't find it weird, cuz I think of it like I think of hair color. It's in some people's genes to be blonde, some to be brunette, etc... and we have all the other necesary (<-- not spelled right >_>' ) body parts in common to be the "same species." So, they have all their genetics that give them their ears and tails and whatnot, but they're all internally the same (I presume--I may be wrong). Same species, different races. ;)

Please stop double posting

Though that's an interesting way of thinking it. I never thought of it that way but it kind of makes some sense

Every mobian (Mobo-Sapian) has the same genetic construction which allows them are interbreed. They just have different outer shells and interesting gimmick that if the father and mother are of different sub-class, they will breed a twin. It just a hand-wave to how cartoon animals work.

No, I don't find any of this weird. In fact, I think it helps demoting racism and discrimination. Unlike humans, appearances do not matter in relationship for mobians, and the essence of love shines from personality, passion, and intimacy. This is partly why I love anthropomorphic animals so much as a concept.

Edited by arekpowalan
1 person likes this