teamrandom21

Sonic series reboot

7 posts in this topic

No where not talking about the comic this time. There's a rumor on the street that says we may be seeing the sonic series go though a reboot. If this rumor became true, what would be your reaction, and what would you like to see come from it. For me, one thing I'd like to see is the original cast staying mostly the same, and the SATAM crew finally becoming cannon to the video game world, add in other characters we don't normally see like Bean and Bark, and you get what i want out of this reboot, IF it happens...

Doubt it.

This is what they tried with Boom.... and look at the reaction to THAT!

Franchises with large fanbases do not like reboots.  Because all the stories they've come to love vanish.

1 person likes this

Doubt it.

Franchises with large fanbases do not like reboots.  Because all the stories they've come to love vanish.

and because some fans can't handle new things (me included sometimes depending on the out come) *cough* Sonic 06 *cough* sucks.

Doubt it.

and because some fans can't handle new things (me included sometimes depending on the out come) *cough* Sonic 06 *cough* sucks.

that would explain the outcry about the comics reboot. and 2 worlds my you know what come on flynn you know we ain't gonna see the old world.

1 person likes this

Sonic and reboots don't mix. They try that with 06 that fail, they try it with Boom that fail, they try it with the comics and well (forgive me) that fail too.

1 person likes this

Sonic and reboots don't mix. They try that with 06 that fail, they try it with Boom that fail, they try it with the comics and well (forgive me) that fail too.

no, i agree with you 100%. like i said, the only thing we'll get out of the old world is probably how upset sally is that she had to turn into a robot. Other then that archie mind as well admit we all followed those comics for no reason at this point.

1 person likes this

No where not talking about the comic this time. There's a rumor on the street that says we may be seeing the sonic series go though a reboot. If this rumor became true, what would be your reaction, and what would you like to see come from it. For me, one thing I'd like to see is the original cast staying mostly the same, and the SATAM crew finally becoming cannon to the video game world, add in other characters we don't normally see like Bean and Bark, and you get what i want out of this reboot, IF it happens...

I hope for god's sake that never happens. I have nothing against the fan reception of people who like the american cartoon off Sonic series, and i don't want to result into insulting and calling those who want them obsessive nerds. But if they wanted to do a reboot "Which have been a little trend recently like Tomb Raider", then i'd suggest where Sonic & Knuckles left off and ignore the Adventure series. Although i generally like Sonic Adventure and some 3d games, but considering the classics are liked by all then it seems like a good place to start in my personal view and just have a simplistic but organic and original designs and make it interesting ^^

Edit: But i don't want that though. I am glad that SEGA tries to make each Sonic game interesting. If i want to play old games i'll do just that. Even if some Sonic game isnt perfect, atleast they add something new which i like. So i am quite happy even if its not like 100% gold! But its Sonic so in my opinion its fun. I am either way always glad to hear news of a new Sonic game. The complainers will complain, and i will just wait and enjoy when a new Sonic game comes out ^^

Edited by SoniX