teamrandom21

New Sonic Riders?

10 posts in this topic

apologize to any mods if this topic is in the wrong place or area.

do you guys think that there should be anther sonic riders game? i know the last game sucked (because some idiot wanted to make it with the connect.) but i think that there should be anther game, on the wii or nintendo NX, that doesn't use any motion control.

characters would be:

sonic

tails

knuckles

cream

rouge

shadow

jet

wave

storm

sticks

amy

metal sonic

doctor eggman

sonic the wearhog

and maybe even some of the satam characters like sally and rotor.

what do you guys think? should we see anther sonic riders game, or was the last so bad you'd rather not want seconds.

Eh I still liked them. Plust it would be good to see the good ol' gang together. As long as the controls are smooth I don't mind.

Eh I still liked them. Plust it would be good to see the good ol' gang together. As long as the controls are smooth I don't mind.

yeah, and other then maybe archie and olympic games i don't see the babylons begin used in any sonic media anytime soon sadly. good old sega keeping there habit of making and abandoning characters because the sonic franchise "has too many". 

1 person likes this

The Rogues have always been Riders-exclusive villains/rivals, probably because there isn't much to them outside of using Extreme Gear. I mean, they do make for a cool 'Anti-Team Sonic' of sorts, but at the same time, I just don't really see them having a noteworthy place in the main games.

As for whether-or-not I'd like to see another Riders game in the future... eh, maybe. I never really had a big connection to the games before (though I do still enjoy Zero Gravity) and after the mess that was Free Riders, it's hard to say if SEGA really want to bring it back at all. I certainly won't lose sleep over it.

In terms of characters I'd like to see if they did ever make a new one, though...

- Obviously, nearly all of the characters that have been playable so far. (Perhaps replacing the uninteresting EggRobos with, oh I dunno, OMEGA?!)

- I'd have no interest in seeing the SatAM cast (be it new or original) added considering that, outside the comics, they really don't represent the series now.

- However, adding to the first point, bringing back the SEGA guest characters (NiGHTS, AiAi, Amigo etc.) and maybe even expanding it would be awesome.

The Rogues have always been Riders-exclusive villains/rivals, probably because there isn't much to them outside of using Extreme Gear. I mean, they do make for a cool 'Anti-Team Sonic' of sorts, but at the same time, I just don't really see them having a noteworthy place in the main games.

As for whether-or-not I'd like to see another Riders game in the future... eh, maybe. I never really had a big connection to the games before (though I do still enjoy Zero Gravity) and after the mess that was Free Riders, it's hard to say if SEGA really want to bring it back at all. I certainly won't lose sleep over it.

In terms of characters I'd like to see if they did ever make a new one, though...

- Obviously, nearly all of the characters that have been playable so far. (Perhaps replacing the uninteresting EggRobos with, oh I dunno, OMEGA?!)

- I'd have no interest in seeing the SatAM cast (be it new or original) added considering that, outside the comics, they really don't represent the series now.

- However, adding to the first point, bringing back the SEGA guest characters (NiGHTS, AiAi, Amigo etc.) and maybe even expanding it would be awesome.

true. still, i'd like to see the Rogues be used in something.

Hmmm..... I think the Rogues could working outside a Riders game, but not as the main antagonists.  But as a secondary villain team they could do well.

Well Wave and Jet....not so sure about Storm are appearing in the newest Olympic installment, so that'll have to do for now.

To answer everyone question about the Babylon team in the Olympics I have this to said only Wave and Jet will be in it sadly Storm is the missing link.

I would love a new game if it plays like Zero Gravity.

Character wise the only SatAM characters I would like to see is Sally but instead of her being one of Sonic's friends she actually a mystery racer that challenges Sonic and Jet in Speed and Skill her role in the story is up for debate.

Bring back all the old Sega guest characters like Night and Ulala, keep Metal Sonic, but please no more Eggrobos other give us interesting robot characters are just leave it at Metal Sonic and that be the end of that.

Control wise - I want it just like the first two I rather have a good time with a controller in hand than have a miserable time with bs motion control that don't even work right half the time.

As much as I would like another Riders game that's actually good, considering how poorly Free Riders did, there's next to no chance that it'll happen. On the off chance it does happen, though, I would love if it played like Zero Gravity. The one thing I really hated about the original Sonic Riders was the air mechanic, so when Zero Gravity removed it, it was a dream come true and I could actually enjoy the game. If a fourth game happened and it didn't include the air mechanic and used an actual controller, I'd probably like it. As for the roster, I'm not sure who I'd want to be added. Probably Metal Sonic, but past that I don't really know. 

As much as I would like another Riders game that's actually good, considering how poorly Free Riders did, there's next to no chance that it'll happen. On the off chance it does happen, though, I would love if it played like Zero Gravity. The one thing I really hated about the original Sonic Riders was the air mechanic, so when Zero Gravity removed it, it was a dream come true and I could actually enjoy the game. If a fourth game happened and it didn't include the air mechanic and used an actual controller, I'd probably like it. As for the roster, I'm not sure who I'd want to be added. Probably Metal Sonic, but past that I don't really know. 

Sums up my feelings pretty accurately. I'd also like to see Espio added.

As for appearing outside the series, I would love to see them. Jet is really Sonic's best rival- his genuine desire is to beat Sonic. Shadow anymore doesn't feel like a rival- he has no motivation to be a rival to Sonic, and when he does it feels a bit forced. 

But Wave. Wave is the sole rival for Tails. Not a "well, Sonic and Tails rival"- just Tails. Tails is so important to the series that he really deserves his own rival.

Also, they are awesome. :)