Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shinomi-chan

Wakfu: Aeri The Eliatrope

57 posts in this topic

Chapter 49: The Past

During the many lives of Aeri, one thing had always remained the same: the love for her family. She had always been a loving individual despite her being quite secluded with her brother. She had always loved their planet, the beautiful seas and the aurora colored skies. For a long time, she thought there would be nothing better than that for a long time. That was, until their lives changed drastically, and they were forced to leave. They were forced to hop from planet to planet, always further into the Krosmoz. She found beautifulness in the twinkle of the stars, and the many colors of the planets they visited. But mostly she found comfort in her siblings, who were there for her when she felt trapped. Especially Qilby. He would often check on her, when they were onboard the Zinit, and she would often check on him when he was spending too much time with his work, and too little with his family. Aeri was currently sitting on the hallway of the Zinit as she waited for Qilby to finish his work. When she didn't hear from him in a good while she knocked on the door. No answer. She portaled inside, to see him hunched over his desk. He was muttering something to himself. ;"Qilby? You were supposed go finish work a good a while ago." She told him. He only now realized she was even there. ;"Oh Aeri, I didn't hear you come in.", ;"You locked the door as to not be disturbed, so I came to have a look." Aeri said. "Now c'mon it's your daily break time." She told him. ;"But I still have work to do!" He said. ;"Not twelve hours straight you don't. B-R-E-A-K time." She said, as she nearly had to drag the man out of the room. He decided to walk on his own to keep his dignity. ;"Now what will you have me do?" Qilby asked, the bags under his eyes a clear sign of tiredness. ;"You rest." Aeri said deadpanning. Qilby pinched the bridge of his nose. ;"Aeri.." He began. ;"And no buts about it, or I'll go get Shiro and we will drag you by the ears if we have to." She said. Qilby began pondering his options. Maybe she DID have a point. Maybe all he needed was a good night's rest. He had been overworking again, he knew that much. ;"Fine, but I refuse to go sleep just yet." He said. Aeri grabbed his hand leading him across the hallways. ;"Good enough, now let's go!" She said enthusiastically. She lead the way despite them both knowing where the road took them. She was leading him towards the main hall and towards the windows. ;"Watch the space with me?" She asked, giving him the best puppy eyes she could muster. He couldn't exactly say "no" to that.

The two watched as the stars and asteroids passed by, silently. Although the ship itself was anything but. Many Eliatropes were out and about still doing whatever. Qilby yawned. ;"Is this a tactique to get me to go to sleep?" He asked doubtfully. ;"Nnnno. I would NEVER." Aeri said placing her hand on her chest. "How dare you even insinuate something like that. What am I, a criminal master mind?" She asked him. He laughed. ;"Where's Shiro?" He asked. "You two are usually inseparable." He continued. ;"Probably wherever Shinonome is. He likes to hang out with her these days." She said stretching her arms. "Then again, I might be hogging you all to myself accidentally these days as well." She wondered out loud. He turned red in hue for a moment. He moved his hand closer to hers, as they watched the space. They saw a small meteor shower pass them by. ;"Wow, that's beautiful." Aeri said watching in awe. Qilby turned to look at her. ;"Yes. It is." He said. The two stayed silent for a moment, watching the meteor shower go by. Qilby cleared his throat. ;"Aeri.. there's something I actually have been meaning to tell you.." He started. Aeri turned to him. ;"Yes?" She asked him. Qilby could feel his poor heart beating like a drum. He was trying to compose himself but looking straight into her beautiful green eyes didn't help at all. ;"We've been spending a lot of time together, and I.." He tried to say, but his words were failing him. He was usually so calm and composed, but this situation made him feel like a child again. Was he shaking? He didn't know, but he was silently wishing it wouldn't be visible. "Aeri I think.. about you a lot. Have been for a while now, but I didn't want to scare you away." He explained. Aeri nodded in understanding. "You know how I keep my memories from previous lives. Me and Shinonome, both remember everything, while you and the others can experience everything all over again like it's the first time." He told her. "I.. I love you." He said. Aeri's eyes widened, and her face turned red. "I have loved you since our very first incarnations. And these feelings have never went away. I know you probably can't remember everything that has happened, but... I hope you can believe me." He said. Tears filled Aeri's eyes. ;"Qilby I... I love you too. I was just afraid that if I told you, you wouldn't feel the same but.." she said. He placed his hand on her cheeks and she leaned closer towards him. He took her hand in his, and leaned in. The two shared a sweet kiss. They gazed into each others eyes, when there was a sound of the door opening. It was Shinonome and Shiro. The two sighed in relief that it was just their siblings. Although Shiro wasn't sure how to feel about the sight before him. Shinonome looked like she was waiting for this to happen, as she was smiling widely her hands put together. Both Aeri and Qilby were a bit embarrassed that this was how their siblings found out, but were glad they didn't have to hide it from them either.

And then Aeri woke up. She rubbed her eyes tiredly, and went to wake up Shiroazaad. ;"Wakey wakey Shiro." She said gently shaking him. He sat up, his hair a mess, his eyes still closed. ;"What's up..?" He asked. ;"It's morning?" She said like it was a question. "Now c'mon breakfast time." She told him grabbing him by the arm. "I feel like I'm forgetting something..." Aeri said to herself. "Had a weird dream. I think you were in it. Though it didn't FEEL like a dream but.. you know what I'm getting at right?" She asked her still sleepy brother, who nodded slowly, getting the morning coiffee ready. "I can't really remember what it was about though..  I think Qilby was in it too? And Shinonome?" Aeri said. "All I know is that I feel GOOD at the moment. Ready to face the world!" She declared. Shiro nodded, taking a sip of his coiffee. ;"Was this dream anything like the giant jelly mountain one where we had infinite amount of jelly?" He asked tiredly. ;"No I don't think so?" She said. ;"Bummer." He said. Aeri couldn't explain the feeling she had when she woke up, but she felt.. really GOOD. Better than usual. But there was a gut feeling that which she couldn't remember WAS truly important. But she decided it would come back when she needed it the most.

Edited by Shinomi-chan

Chapter 50: How To Tame Your Dragon

Whe Alibert had his hands full with the restaurant and being the mayor, it wasn't exactly easy for Yugo, Adamai, Aeri and Shiroazaad either. They were mostly in charge if Chibi and Grougaloragran. Especially their training. They had made some progress as Grougal didn't spat fire at everyone he saw anymore. But he could still be quite the beast if he didn't get his milk on time. Currently the problem was that Grougal was a biter. And anyone who got near Chibi would get bitten immediately. They had yet to find a way to make it stop. Alibert had gotten his fair share of bites. Shiroazaad tried to teach him proper manners, but that had earned a flame right in his face. ;"I still can't believe WE have to teach HIM now. He was our Teacher and Father for hundreds of years..." Shiro said. Aeri picked the little dragon up. ;"It's weird to see him so small. I wonder if he even remembers us. Or if he has a feeling about who we are.. erhm, were to him." She said.

The little Dragon seemed content in her arms, as he began making himself more comfortable. ;"Well I sometimes can't believe it's the same person." Adamai said. ;"True.. Grougal was very calm and collected while now he's more... temperamental?" Aeri agreed. ;"VERY Temperamental." Adamai said. ;"So what do you think we should do with him now? We've tried teaching him not to bite us or anyone else but it seems he has too much energy to actually listen to us." Yugo said. ;"He IS still a baby dragon." Aeri argued. "A baby with very sharp fangs." She continued. They were currently walking to a glade where Adamai had set up some targets for Grougals practice. There were a few crudely drawn figures on some wooden targets. They were depicting enemies and monsters. ;"See Grougal, THESE you CAN bite. As much as you like. But NOT US." Adamai said Grougaloragran took a good look at the wooden figures before he attacked them biting down on them many times. When there was no reaction however, he quickly got bored of them and gave up. ;"Seems like it tired him down a little." Shiroazaad said until Grougal bit his foot. "Nevermind." He said with a neutral expression. They tried another tactique, they took a bag which they filled with Tofu feathers, and tied it shut. They hung the bag up so Grougal could attack it easier. ;"Let's try this then.." It didn't take long for the little dragon to completely break it down. The little beast still bit Adamai afterwards. ;"Ow! Grougal!" He yelled. Grougal simply giggled. "Don't even try to look cute mister. I know just what you're doing!" Adamai said pointing at him. Aeri pondered for a good while. ;"What could be good enough to check on, but not completely break it?" She wondered out loud. The boys all began thinking of possible solutions.

;"Hey Shiro, you wouldn't still happen to have that Gobball Plushie you got from Trool Fair?" Aeri suggested. ;"Of course I don't have that anymore...hahaha." Shiro said embarrassed, crossing his arms. Aeri could see through his flimsy lie. ;"Maybe he just needs a chewtoy. Like an Ouginak baby." Aeri suggested. ;"It's worth a try at least." Shiro said, going inside to get his plushie. He came back carefully plushie first towards Grougal. ;"Now please don't burn this..." He said as he gave the toy to him. At first the tiny dragon sniffed it, then he jumped on top of the thing to give it a good bite. It's wool made it quite bouncy. He couldn't really get his little fangs through. He tried and tried, but was finally forced to give up, when he got tired. He flew next to Chibi to nap. ;"Oh my world we did it." Adamai said. "None of us got bitten once!" He cheered. The others joined in on it. ;"Now if we only could make Chibi stop portaling himself to silly places. He's already learned how to do that." Yugo said. They all looked at little Chibi who was currently taking a nap. It was going to be a long day once he'd wake up.

Chibi could already use his portals to an extent. He could make a few of them at a time, but he would have no control over were he'd end up at. Which gave Yugo and others a mini heart attack, every time it happened. Currently he was at the roof, giggling to himself happily. ;"Your turn Aeri." Adamai said. ;"Fine..." she said, portaling as close to Chibi as she could without letting him see her, he'd sometimes portal away if he saw someone coming close to him, or if he got startled. Which would activate his powers. Aeri carefully made her way towards Chibi. ;"Okay Aeri, just careful. Slow and steady..." she reached towards him, when he portaled away into a tree. There he sat happily on a tree branch with some Tofu's. Aeri sighed. ;"Yugo you're up." She said. As Yugo began running towards where Chibi was. He began climbing the tree, and was just about to get him, when again he portaled away. This time closer it the river. Which really gave all of them some more energy to run after him. ;"Oh nonononono. Chibi. Chibi! Come here. Come to your brother." Shiroazaad called as Chibi sat just at the edge of the river. He waved a little at Shiro who was making his way towards him. When he was close enough he reached for his baby brother, and then... He fell backwards. However Aeri managed to throw a portal just under him and catch him in time. ;"Whoo boy. Okay, don't ever do that again little guy." She told him booping his little nose. They returned to the house, all tired from todays little adventure. Grougal immediately flew to Chibi to hug him and Chibi returned the gesture. ;"They're so precious." Aeri said. ;"Real precious little fiends at times." Adamai said. Alibert came from the kitchen to see our heroes all sitting around the table, fallen asleep with Chibi and Grougal. ;"They're so precious." He said, getting them all to bed.

Chapter 51: A Cold Meeting

It happened on the day of Yugo and Adamai's fourteenth birthday. Everyone was invited, friends old and new all gathered together to celebrate their birthday. It had been months since the Brotherhood of Tofu had been together. Yugo happily greeted the guests when they arrived. Even Kriss and Maude had come to visit. Everyone was excited to see the two. It had been a surprise party, where Phaeris had used his powers to make a veil of invisibility around the house to keep the surprise. Yugo and Adamai had been sent on a wild goose chase to catch a "thief" which turned out to be a bunch of Puddlies in the end. The two thanked their father for organising everything with Shiro and Aeri. It had taken months to get everything done. The party was just getting good. Kabrok's wife Miranda was expecting a baby soon enough, and the girls were bombarding her with all sorts of questions. The boys were just happy to play with the toys they had gotten, roping in Ruel and Percedal as well. Even Master Joris was enjoying himself, he gave Yugo and Adamai a new fishing rod which used to belong to a dear friend of his.

Yugo was just thanking everyone for coming to the party, when someone spoke to him, someone unknown. ;"It's good to be able cherish these moments with your loved ones Yugo. That way we'll remember them even after they're gone." Suddenly snow began to fall down onto the ground, the air got colder than before from the spot where Yugo was standing. A hooded figure approached him. ;"Who are you? I don't recognize your voice!" Said Yugo. ;"Who I am is of little importance, focus on more what I'm about to ask you. Because I have a very important mission for you." The figure explained. Alibert told the figure that they weren't welcome to their home, and that they should leave, the figure simply attacked him by pushing him hard enough to send him flying. Amalia gladly caught him in a flower before anything could happen. ;"Leave our father alone!" yelled Adamai. ;"I don't know who you are but you're about to learn who you're dealing with." Yugo said. Aeri and Shiro immediately readied themselves for battle, Aeri using her control over Stasis and Shiro ready to puff fire if necessary. ;"I know exactly who you are Yugo. And I have a mission for you."  The figure told him. Phaeris could sense that they were much stronger than their other enemies had been before. Percedal and Rubi got ready to fight as well, Rubi taking the form of a bigger sword. ;"Phaeris the Powerful. I hope you're not trying to stand in my way." The figure said. ;"We both know the answer to that." Said Phaeris. ;"A pity, this could all be solved without violence. If you just gave me the Seven Eliatrope Dofus. Bring the to me and there will be no bloodshed." The figure told them. ;"What you're asking for is impossible. We don't know where they are, and even if we did we wouldn't give them to you." Yugo said. The hooded figure seemed disappointed at this. Phaeris took his dragon form and told Adamai and Shiro to help get the figure as far away from village as possible. Adamai and Shiro both breathed fire at the figure, who didn't even move an inch to get away. Yugo and others were evacuating the people to safety. Everyone of the Brotherhood was ready to help Yugo, except for Eva, who hesitated for some reason. Percedal carried her to safety. ;"What are you doing you Iop brain??" Eva asked Percedal. ;"Keeping our little secret!" He said. "We'll take care of our guest." Percedal said. ;"Just promise you won't do anything too dangerous or stupid." Eva said. ;"Not more than usual." He told her. Amalia got the feeling that Eva was keeping something from her. ;"Alibert get everyone inside. No one else should get involved." Said Aeri. Alibert nearly had to carry some of the men inside the house.

Meanwhile their "guest." Didn't seem injured at all. ;"You naughty dragons. You ruined my beautiful clothes." She said. She was a white skinned, blue haired woman with long pigtails. Phaeris grabbed her off of the ground and into the air. ;"You know who I am don't you dragon?" The woman asked. ;"Yes, and Phaeris doesn't understand why you're attacking us." He said. ;"I told you I need the seven Dofus!" She insisted. ;"They must never be reunited, not even by someone of your rank." Phaeris said. The woman used ice magic to freeze Phaeris' mouth and jumped off. In the sky, the two began a battle of fire and ice, on the ground, the others were thinking about how to get in the air. Shiroazaad took his dragon form and Aeri hopped on. ;"Get on if you want to help!" She said. Percedal jumped right on. Amalia grew a plant high up into the sky with Ruel in tow. The woman gave Phaeris one last chance to surrender, but him being a proud dragon he would not yield. ;"So it's true about the dragons. Stubborn as Trools. Well then Farewell Phaeris!" She yelled as she charged an I've attack. Suddenly she was stopped by Brambles taking a hold of her and coiling around her. She also got a taste of a Stasis blast right in the back. ;"Who DARES?!" She yelled. ;"I see our little private talk is over." She said. As Percedal attacked her, she caught his sword between her hands. Adamai flew right at her, and hit her in the gut. Ruel and Amalia sent exploding puppets towards the woman. ;"How rude!" The woman said blowing out ice, which caused a big explosion to happen. Yugo, Joris and Evangelyne saw it. ;"The battle doesn't seem to be going their way." Joris said. ;"Then we need to go help them!" Yugo said. ;"I'm with Yugo I know our attacker and there must be a misunderstanding." Joris told them. The two began their climb upwards. Joris over the plant Amalia made, and Yugo with his portals. Despite the fact that he was still tired from fighting Qilby months ago, he seemed to be doing relatively well. ;"We're being attacked by Jiva Guardian of Winter and Cold." Joris explained to Yugo. ;"Never heard of her.." He said. They climbed up to see that their friends were alright, even after the explosion. ;"Your explosive dolls are amazing Amalia, they always have a way to turn on me." Ruel said. Joris noticed Jiva trying to go after Phaeris who was falling down. He jumped over to her. ;"Guardian calm down!" He pleaded. Jiva threw him away from her, he soon recovered. ;"Since when have the Guardians of the Months attacked the inhabitants of the world of twelve?" Asked Joris. ;"Eversince little men like you dared to question their Gods." Jiva said. ;"I am Joris emissary and representative of the King of Bonta, you already have my utmost respect Lady Jiva. I'm asking you to stop this madness, Yugo and his friends have proven time and again to be noble heroes." He told Jiva. ;"I don't owe your King or your precious new friends anything." She told him. ;"I beg of you to tell us what has gotten you so angry. I'm sure it was a simple misunderstanding." He told her. ;"Keep out of it Joris, our old alliances are over, and I have a score to settle with an insolent dragon." Jiva said. ;"I can't let you do that." Joris said readying hid weapon. ;"Then I'll punish you too!" She yelled. ;"You have to attack her hands, it's the source of her powers." Joris threw his stump at Jiva who immediately froze it. Amalia sent out some more plants of her, which turned out to be man eating plants. They chomped Jiva's arms and legs. ;"Stupid Sadida Princess!" Jiva cursed. Aeri sent out a Stasis blast at her left hand, which nearly burnt her hand. She screamed. Joris kicked back the now frozen stump which hit Jiva's right hand. A cracking sound could be heard. Jiva got angrier, and began by freezing the plants, and hitting Percedal in the face. As well as throwing Joris away again. ;"Phaeris stop hiding and let's finish this!" Jiva yelled. Phaeris rose above the clouds angrier than ever. He sent out a huge fireball which nearly hit Yugo and others. If it wasn't for Adamai and Shiro who took the fireball head on, the others wouldn't have gotten up. They hit Amalia's plant, sending everyone falling down when they hit it. Phaeris dashed in after them to try and save them, but Jiva took a hold of his neck. She told him that she couldn't let him ruin his plans for he was too powerful. ;"I you let me quash you nothing will happen to them." She told him. ;"Phaeris has your word?" He asked her. ;"You have the word of Protector of the Month Javian." Meanwhile Yugo and Aeri made sure everyone got safely to the ground. While Yugo ran out of juice after a while Aeri continued from there on out. As they waited for Phaeris to come back down.

Chapter 52: The Quest Begins

Yugo,and everyone else was safe and sound, Alibert got worried about Yugo because of his current state of health. Adamai and Shiro had woken up too, as the hit they received had knocked them unconscious for a moment. ;"But where are Master Joris and Phaeris?" Asked Evangelyne. ;"She sent Master Joris flying miles from here.. and Phaeris is still with her!" Amalia told her. ;"You can be proud of your friend! He was both powerful and honorable!" Jiva said as she descended from the skies with Phaeris' frozen body. ;"What have you done?!" Yugo yelled holding his head. Everyone saw the scene, and watched surprised and shocked. ;"Nooo!" Adamai yelled. Aeri began crying, as Shiro tried to hide his tears. ;"I warned you, it's pointless to stand against me.  Now I've made that clear I hope I have your attention." Jiva said. ;"Phaeris..." Aeri said. ;"She killed him! Stay here Grougal!" Adamai said, as the smallest dragon flew to his body, to mourn. ;"You know primordial Eliatropes and Dragons never really die." Jiva said as a matter of factly. "This little dragon for example was just thousands of years old months ago." Jiva said, picking up Grougal by his neck. He spat fire at her, she blew ice at him, stifling his flames. ;"and that gives you clear conscience over your recent actions?!" Yugo yelled. Jiva glanced at him. ;"Phaeris gave his life for me to spare you, and so that's what I'm going to do.." she told them. Percedal tried to attack her but she froze his feet to the ground. Placing Grougaloragran around her neck she said: ;"Now give little Chibi to me." When Alibert denied her, she pushed him away, taking Chibi by force. ;"Don't worry Alibert the Enutrof, no harm will come to them." She promised. "I will explain to you once more why I'm here. I need the seven Eliatrope Dofus. Bring them to me, and in exchange, I will look after your brothers." Jiva told them. ;"But we've told you! Most of them are inaccessible!" Yugo yelled angrily. ;"They are however more accessible than the seven guarded by Ogrest on top of Mount Zinit, and frankly Yugo, that's your problem." Jiva told him. "I've been watching you. Despite your young age, you seem to be able to overcome any challenge. Nothing's impossible for an Eliatrope right?" She said. Alibert tried to get closer to Chibi and Grougal, but failed due to the hits inflicted by Jiva. "I'll be waiting for you at the Frigost gates on the first of Martalo. You keep your end of the bargain, and I'll keep mine." She explained. ;"Dad!" Chibi yelled. ;"Goodluck I wish you great success in your new quest!" She said before she disappeared into a vortex of snow.

Phaeris' energy began rising up from his body. He began speaking. ;"Don't worry Yugo. It was time for Phaeris to to return to his Dofus and begin a new life." He said. "Phaeris is happy to have sacrificed himself for his friends. But if he must be completely honest, he must admit that his greatest joy will be rejoining the soul of his sister. Mina and Phaeris have been apart for too long. Phaeris knows what Jiva asked of you, and he knows his brothers and sister will take care of his people's seven Dofus." He explained. ;"But Phaeris. What she asked of us is impossible!" Aeri told him. ;"We do not know where the Dofus are... except for Qilby, and Shinonome's one which is on Emrub.. and Aeri and Shiroazaad's one." Yugo said. ;"There is an item which will help you find the Eliatrope Dofus. If you manage to get it, you will be able to fulfill your part of the mission." Phaeris said. "This item is hidden in Mount Zinit inside the ship. It's not difficult to find but.. watch out for the protectors of Zinit.." He told them before disappearing. Everyone was ready to help the crew to save Chibi and Grougal especially Kabrok, Kriss and Pandiego. Alibert however made a point about how most of them would only hinder the Brotherhood of Tofu, if they decided to go with them. As most of them weren't even fighters. Some disagreed with that notion, like Justice Knight and hid Father who WERE fighters. But when Amalia asked where they were during the fight the only answer she got was: ;"Well we can't fly." Yugo was feeling guilty about being born an Eliatrope ;"None of this would've happened." He said. Aeri placed her hands on Yugo's shoulders reassuringly. ;"It's not your fault little brother. You're a great hero who has always protected those in need." She said. ;"But Nox almost killed my friends, my father to get the Eliacube, Qilby nearly managed to destroy the world.." Yugo said. Aeri couldn't figure out what to say to that, so Alibert stepped in: ;"But you stopped them Yugo, and you wouldn't have been able to without your Eliatrope powers. You need to understand, your strength doesn't come from your origins. It comes from here." He pointed at his chest. "You have heart Yugo regardless where you're from." He told him. They hugged.

Eva was speaking with Percedal about whether going with Yugo was the correct choice. Percedal told her he couldn't go against his true warrior nature. Eva did not like that, she stormed off, not even speaking to Amalia, who had gone to see how they were doing. She immediately blamed Percedal of it. Ruel and Alibert spoke about the latter joining in on the adventure. But Alibert simply said: ; after twelve years in the kitchen, I can hardly even lift my shovel anymore.." He didn't wish to become a burden to the rest of the group. Joris had returned from his little flight. Yugo filled him in in what had happened, and Joris wished to come with him on the quest, as his help could be very useful. Shiro and Aeri, of course were going to go with them as well. ;"They're our little brothers too. We'll help however we can!" Aeri declared. Shiroazaad nodded confidently. And so, our heroes got ready for the next journey. Ready to find the seven Dofus.

Chapter 53: Ready, Set, Go!

One hundred years ago:

A shushu named Djaul attacked Jiva, one of the twelve Guardians of the Months. He ravaged her Kingdom, and took Jiva herself as a prisoner. He had hated her from the moment he laid eyes on her. He had wanted to destroy everything she stood for. But Jiva wasn't going to go without a fight. Djaul bit her, intending to end her life, when another Guardian of the Month Martalo, Ulgrude came to save her. He had loved her for quite some time, and she felt the same for him. He began fighting Djaul with his Lighting powers, as Djaul commanded his minions to get him weapons. He chose a battle hammer. Ulgrude told Jiva He wouldn't let anyone hurt her, and that nothing would make him happier than being together with her. The two men fought each other with all they had, but in the end Ulgrude came on top, but it came at a price. Ulgrude's wounds were so bad, he could no longer move. Jiva, shocked and worried, could see no other option than to freeze him so he wouldn't die from his wounds. ;"I promise that soon my words will reach your ears, even if I have to search the whole world to bring you back to my side." She said, tracing her hand on the surface of the ice.

Currently:

In Emelka, our heroes were getting ready to leave on their journey. Alibert was there to see them off. He felt that it was even harder than the first time Yugo went on an adventure. ;"You have become a true adventurers, but this time you're up against a whole different type of opponent." He told them. "I know you're stronger than you look but she's a Guardian.. She's shown what she's capable of my killing Phaeris.." He continued. ;"Don't worry Alibert, we'll definitely bring Chibi and Grougal back home!" Aeri said determinedly. ;"You can count on us to find a way!" Adamai concured. Alibert gave the four of them a big hug, crying a little. Eva was having a little talk with their Shushu map Skribble, about avoiding any Deadly traps. The map told her he would "try" to avoid them the best he could. The Justice Knights had allowed them to use their tower for planning. Alibert gave Ruel some food for the trip and trusted him to take care of the others should anything happen, as he was his oldest friend. Once they walked through the Zaap portal, they saw just how far away the Tower was. ;"C'mon guys, we have a lot of walking to do." Eva said. ;"Did you think we came by foot?" Justice Knight's Father said, showing off a key to their train, which came soon after. ;"Your train is really magnificent, but it could be more environmentally friendly." Amalia said, getting on-board. ;"We're working on it Princess." Justice Knight told her.  Yugo couldn't stop thinking about Chibi and Grougal, and truth to be told, neither could Aeri or Shiroazaad, just wondering whether they'd be alright with their new foe "taking care of" them. ;"I do like going on adventurers, but I'm afraid they'll never end. Maybe Qilby was right and we're not made for this world.." Yugo wondered. Amalia came to reassure him. ;"Along with Adamai you were born from a Dofus, and a great destiny awaits you." She told him. "Bad people have always been drawn to power, but it has allowed you to accomplish many things! All the good things you've done have made a real difference in the world." She explained. ;"And each time we get stronger and more numerous!" Percedal added.

They arrived to the Justice Tower, and headed straight to the meeting room. They began discussing whether or not they should give the Dofus to a Guardian who was already powerful enough to kill Phaeris. As she would have the power of Gods in her hands. Besides the three Dofus Ebony, Crimson and Ruby, they had no idea where the others could've been. ;"But Phaeris left us with a clue, Mount Zinit! We don't have to spend hours talking about it, let's just go!" Yugo said. ;"What if we used the Dofus against her? Now don't all cheer at once." Justice Knight suggested. ;"But can we really control such a power?" Shiroazaad asked. ;"Whatever the plan is, we have to find the Dofus, we can decide what to do with them later. And before we leave.. we have to tell you something." Eva said. ;"We're going to have a baby!!" Percedal excitedly exclaimed. "A little Iop!" He said. ;"Or a little Cra!" Evangelyne said. The others were happy for them except for Amalia who was annoyed, that Eva didn't tell her right away. They checked the map for the route to Mount Zinit, and it seemed to be on the other side of the world, surrounded by lots of water. Percedal already felt nauseous just thinking about having to go on a boat. ;"We might have a solution for you." Justice Knight's Father said. ;"We were already thinking of improving our train in more substantial way." Justice Knight told them. "We have a a very special Shushu. With his abilities we could adapt the vehicle to suit our needs." He continued. ;"You have my attention. Would it sail faster than a normal boat?" Joris asked. ;"Sail? With the Shushu we wouldn't even touch the water." Justice Knight's Father told them. ;"There's only one problem.. the Shushu in question has never been tamed.." Justice Knight said. ;"I'll take care of the mission! It's perfect for I and Rubi!" Percedal said. ;"For Rubi and me rather..." Rubilax said. ;"All we need to do now is to divide the work so we can save time." Eva told everyone. ;"Me, Yugo, Adamai and Shiro will take care of taming the Shushu! I've done it before and all it needs is few well placed headbutts." Percedal explained. ;"I wouldn't miss this show for the world Percedal." Justice Knight said grinning. ;"I'll take care of the modifications to the train but I could use a hand.." his Father said. ;"Oh Ruel is well suited for assembly, mechanics and maintenance." Amalia said. ;"Good. Amalia, Aeri and I will take care of the food." Evangelyne said. ;"And I'll take care of the equipment." Master Joris said. After the meeting Justice Knight showed them their quarters, Amalia was listing things she'd need for the travel to be able to be comfortable. Justice Knight's Father told her there would be comforts for her, if her friends managed to tame the Shushu in question.

Chapter 54: The Shushu

The cells were full of Shushus of all kinds, one of them was hunting for food. He could strech his arms outside his cell, to catch what he needed, and with a fiery breath, he cooked his meal. He was a tall Shushu with a long tail, and strong jaw. He stood on his tail, and his legs were really short. His arms dragged on the ground, and he had a spiky stomach, and a long antennae like appendage which had a flame on it's end. He saw the others coming towards his cell. ;"Knight... Why have all these charming people come to visit me?" The Shushu asked. ;"That's your impossible to tame Shushu? He doesn't look that tough." Percedal said. ;"I've never seen a quirky Shushu before." Ruel said. ;"So what is his power exactly?" Shiro asked crossing his arms. ;"Does he transform when he's annoyed??" Yugo asked excitedly. ;"It's not polite to talk about someone as if they're not there. Aren't you going to introduce us Justice?" The Shushu asked. ;"We're getting there Kerosho! He's not only pernickety but also as stubborn as a Bwork." Justice said. "So the problem isn't so much to defeat him but to convince him, do you know how to break a Shushu?" Justice asked Percedal. ;"Of course! We hit him over and over again until he surrenders, then he'll beg you to be his master!" Percedal exclaimed. ;"That's not how it happened with Skribble and me." Yugo said. ;"Skribble and Rubilax.. getting the two biggest stains on Shukrute to submit can't have been too difficult." Kerosho said. ;"Don't be such a smartass fatso. I'm not the one locked in a cell." Rubilax said to Kerosho. ;"Just tell us what we need to do Justice. He's already getting on my nerves." Adamai said. ;"Calm down little dragon remember that getting a Shushu to submit is always a trial and the slightest error could be fatal." Justice explained. ;"Ha ha. Unlike dear Skribble and Rubilax, I've never begged for mercy, not that some people haven't tried but... they all died for it." Kerosho said. Justice told them that they'd have to fight in an arena against Kerosho, if they wanted to tame him.

Meanwhile Evangelyne, Amalia and Aeri were in Amalia's room, talking about recent events. The last one was sulking, since Evangelyne didn't tell her about the pregnancy. ;"C'mon don't be like that. I was going to tell you." Eva said. ;"But you didn't. You  could've told me at the inn, it was like I was the last ti know.." Amalia said. ;"I'm sure she wanted to but then the whole thing with Jiva happened..." Aeri argued.  ;"But it's not just that. We Don't even see each other since she got together with the big idiot!" Amalia said back. ;"Hey, be nice. That big idiot's got a name." Eva said. "I know this changes things but that doesn't mean we can't be close." Eva told Amalia. ;"Okay but just promise me one thing.. I want to be the first one you tell your secrets to!" Amalia said. ;"I promise." Eva said. ;"And you can count on us to help with the baby!" Aeri told Eva. ;"Aren't you afraid to go on an adventure while pregnant?" Amalia asked. ;"Of course I am, but I don't plan on playing the housewife, that's not my style." Eva answered. "And Dally will get itchy feet if Yugo and others set off on an adventure, someone has to make sure they don't mess around too much." Eva explained. ;"Well don't worry Eva, this time we'll be your bodyguards!" Amalia declared.

In the prison of Justice Tower. Justice Knight was explaining to the guys how to fight against Kerosho. ;"For a Shushu, he fights differently. He doesn't fight, doesn't surrender, and flees endlessly." Justice said. ;"That's dishonourable." Shiro said, grunting. ;"He's going to distract you, run away, and then take you by surprise as soon as he gets the chance." Justice warned. "Once he's submitted, he will promise to obey you, and one of you will become his guardian. And that's the problem, only one of you must defeat him, Shushu's can only recognize one master." Justice said. ;"So one on one fights only." Shiro muttered. ;"We did warn you it would get complicated, but without Kerosho's flames, the Justice Train won't be able to take you to where you want to go." Justice told them. ;"His flames? So let me get this straight.. We have to fight a Shushu who has never been defeated, one on one, and we have no idea how to make him "submit." " Ruel listed. "THAT'S A SUICIDE MISSION!" He continued. Justice readied the Shushu in his carrying case, and set him free inside the bigger cage. The Shushu appeared surrounded by flames. Percedal wanted to fight him first. Kerosho puffed the entire cage full of smoke. Percedal began coughing not being able to see where the Shushu had gone. Kerosho attacked front behind, moving nimbly around the cage. Kerosho began running circles around the Iop, breathing fire at him. ;"We have to do something!" Shiroazaad yelled as he saw Percedals distress. The Iop was having a hard time against the Shushu bit refused to leave the cage, despite being nearly on fire. Kerosho slammed him to the ground. ;"If you want to run little Iop now would be the time." The Shushu said. ;"How about never?!" Percedal yelled. Kerosho released one last flame attack, a big one this time. He couldn't see Percedal anywhere afterwards. Yugo had used his portaling powers to move him to safety.

;"My turn." Shiro said. ;"No brother. I will go." Adamai said. ;"Are you sure brother? I'm more mature of us two." Shiro argued. ;"It's alright. I can do this." Adamai said back, taking a fighting stance. "And one last thing. Yugo, Shiroazaad, no matter what happens in the cage, do not help me. Or I won't forgive you." He continued, walking into the cage. ;"Congratulations. You're pretty brave for a dragon." Kerosho said. ;"Watch it. It might be because I'm sure that I'm going to make you bite the dust." Adamai said. ;"Oh so is everyone who enters the cage, but they'll soon change their tune once they get a taste of my flames." Kerosho threatened. They both spat fire at each other at the same time. Meanwhile Eva, Amalia and Aeri were looking through the map, when they heard a sound in the kitchen. Master Joris was preparing food for their journey but the Shushu oven was giving him sass. ;"I see you started making preparations for our journey, we can help you it won't take long." Amalia said. ;"The extra help would be appreciated. I don't know what we should be preparing for but we need to be ready for any eventuality." Master Joris said. "There's... something strange about Jiva's attitude, she's planning something serious, if she needs all seven Dofus. I haven't talked to Yugo yet about it, but even if we find the Dofus, I wouldn't give them to her." He continued.

Adamai was having his fight against Kerosho. Their flames were evenly matched, but the Shushu was fast. Adamai began running, and dodging his every attack, tiring him down. Kerosho was running out of juice to fight. Adamai then spat fire at him at a quick pace, the Shushu couldn't do a thing about it. ;"It's time! Make him promise!" Justice yelled. ;"Kerosho you have to promise! He won't stop! It's your last chance!" Yugo yelled. ;"I promise!!!" Kerosho whimpered. ;"And how do I imprison him?" Adamai asked holding the Shushu down. ;"It's quite simple. He'll take care of it. Shushus can't break their oaths. You just have to find a receptacle." Justice guided. ;"But what kind of item should it be??" Shiroazaad asked. ;"It should be an item as strong as metal, but it should also be resistant to high temperatures if we're going to channel his power." Justice said. Yugo decided to ask Ruel if he had an item like that in his bag. He began searching. Ruel found a piece of coal for the Shushu but Percedal wouldn't agree on that, since it was like marriage, the item should be fancy as well. He began going through the Haven Bag, he found just the thing. A Ruby on a chain. 

Once they were all done they met with the girls and Joris. ;"Are you all alright??" Aeri asked worried. ;"Don't worry sis, we're fine." Shiro said. Joris began going through their progress. The girls had assembled most of the food and equipment though they still needed some ammunition and weapons. The trains modifications would be ready in ten hours. They began studying the map to Mount Zinit, and found out the crossing over the ocean would be most difficult since they wouldn't have much chance to replenish their food supply, but the most complicated part was getting on the Zinit itself. They would have to find a way in themselves, as the part necessary was magically hidden. Eva and Percedal had a fight about, whether Evangelyne should come with them or not, since she was pregnant. Eva dragged him outside the meeting room to talk more freely, but they both ended up not finishing the talk, like they had intended to. Ruel and Justice's Father began their process on the train, while Percedal came to Ruel for help. He was absolutely shocked and worried that Eva would want to come with them to such a dangerous place. He ended up pacing himself to sleep, while the elders worked. They ended up getting the work done sooner than expected. The train ended up looking a bit like Kerosho himself. ;"How do you start it?" Asked Adamai. ;"You start by putting Kerosho here." Justice's Father pointed at a hole made specifically for the Shushu in the Ruby. Kerosho took the train for a spin, seeing how fast it could go before Adamai ruined his fun by stopping him. The others were packing everything ready for the trip. Yugo put Skribble just under Kerosho's placement to guide them on their journey. The latter Shushu did not really appreciate the other. Justice's Father said hid Goodbyes to the group, and then they were off.

They had nearly driven into a ravine, when Kerosho stopped the engines. Ruel suggested they'd go through the Mines of Momoria. ;"Can that save us some time?" Yugo asked. ;"Yes if we can get out of there. The Mines are infested with Cracklers." Justice said. ;"Not like we have much choice..." Shiro said. ;"We have a little under a year before we meet Jiva." Adamai said. ;"So Mines it is then." Aeri declared. Once they were close enough they slowed down their speed as to not wake the sleeping cracklers. Their King especially would be really dangerous once awakened. Kerosho however, being the Shushu he is, just in the middle of the cracklers decided to toot loudly and woke them all up. No one seemed particularly surprised but more disappointed that it even happened. ;"No no Kerosho what have you done?!" Adamai yelled. ;"Oh nothing just betrayed you, and did a really good job at it, even if I do say so myself." Kerosho said. Even the King had woken up.

At the same time, Chibi and Grougal were trying to sneak away from Jiva's clutches. They began running away from Jiva who was currently sleeping, until they got to the edge of the Kingdom. It was high, high up. ;"Well little weasels whatever crossed your minds?" Jiva asked. "No one can enter or leave my residence without my knowing, now you can carry on trying if you really want to. I promise I'll let you go if you manage." She said. "But watch your step when you leave." She said laughing.