Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
silverwarrior

Gold the Tenrec discussion

17 posts in this topic

Ok i've read the entire "silver age" comic and i have to say that gold is my second favorite character, right behind silver. but i feel like there's still a lot to learn about Gold. like:

1) what are her powers? i know shes a telapath, but can she also open portals. also i heard a guy on deviantart say he heard that she also had telekinesis (sounds like rumor to me though)

2) besides her fleeing to silver's world and becoming a test subject for the counsel, is there any other interesting bits of her past.

3) when silver and the professor first met gold, she seemed to hesitate before saying her name was "gold" call me paranoid, but i thought that was strange, like she just made it up.  

4) in the comment section of Evan's deviantart page, she told someone (and i'm just paraphrasing what she said) that shipping silver and gold would be sorta awkward, she couldn't say why. but in some way gold and silver are like "twins" but aren't, she just couldn't say why because it would spoil things yet to come. but whats strange is that evan states that you could still ship them if you wanted.

5) where did the genesis portal take them? part of me is hoping that after the "eggmans dozen" arc they'll do a "silver age & eggmans dozen" story like they did for knuckles and shadow. 

so all these questions are swarming around my head and i was wondering if others had other questions or heard things that people like me haven't. plus any other comments about the gold Heroine would be great. 

P.S if anyone needs links to my sources, just ask.

Edited by silverwarrior

Hmmm... I don't think we really have much information to answer a lot of those... but the "awkwardness" of shipping Gold and Silver... that did surprise me... so I guess they're brother and sister maybe? But then... the characters aren't allowed family because SEGA... hmm...

The whole being named "Gold" and "Silver" does seem like a big coincidence... so I'm going to guess Archie was allowed to make them brother and sister or something... but until there's confirmation I'll probably keep shipping them ;P

If their linked, given she's from another dimension, I'm gonna say Gold is an alternate version of Silver.

And don't forget the creepy voice in her head!  That needs explaining too.

yeah, i wish there will be more backstory on her soon, i don't believe they are twins, but i like Skye's idea that she's silver from an alternate dimension, though anything is possible i suppose. And gold could actually be her name,but its just seems to be too big of a coincidence. and i didn't realize it before but it sorta does seems like gold and her telepathic voice seem to talk differently. Gold= worried.  mysterious head voice=calm, collected. could be nothing but hey, I've been surprise many times by the comic.

Well sooner or later we will get the answers to these questions. Before that we can only guess and yes I do think Gold is just a name she came up with.. I want to know her actual name and background story. If Gold really is related to Silver I wouldn't really say I'm surprised. I thought of shipping them but now I'm kinda like "nah." I mean c'mon.. Both have similar powers, Gold and Silver both have a ring like pattern, (Gold on the head, Silver on his gloves) coincidence? I think not. Besides she already knew Silver's name and she chose to take a similar name.

The shipping answer is easy: Gold and Silver will never be officially "shipped" in the comic because Silver is a SEGA character, simple as. (Also because Ian Flynn doesn't want to deal with any arguments from others, like the "Silver x Blaze" people.)

The rest is bound to be answered in the future, so I can wait until then.

I think the gold writing just meant she was talking telepathically actually... nothing to do with her emotions

interesting...i was working outside when i came up with a strange thought. what if gold is the reason silver can time travel? i mean it sorta appears that she can make Genesis portals, perhaps she will or already knows how to create them, also (i wish a played more of the games), but did they ever mention how silver times travels? (excluding sonic 2006) what if archie puts their own little spin on the games like they do for the game tie-ins. what if it was gold that sent silver to the past in the games. though this idea has many holes in it. i feel that in the silver age comic, silver hadn't done anytime travel yet (just a feeling i have) he didn't seemed to worried at first at fixing the whole time and space thing that he's known for fixing in the games. so if i'm correct that the comic is trying to get closer to the game continually without making it canon, this might be the start of silvers adventures as a time traveler (AKA a prelude) with gold and the professor as a means of that time travel. gold=open time portals, professor=calculations/gadgets/other science stuff. though i understand this seems very unlikely, but a person can hope. go team Psych!

Edited by silverwarrior

I think, could be wrong, that it's implied that Silver has time travelled before, as when he and Sonic met up (which admittedly is after the Silver Age arc) Sonic already knew who he was, implying something similar to *shivers* Sonic 06 had occurred.

Well, back in Issue 252 (when the reboot started) Tails noted that they hadn't seen Silver since they "rescued the Wisps" back in Sonic Colours (the DS version). And with the Ifrit in that Genesis Portal story confirming Rivals 2 as canon also, then Silver's had to have travelled back to Sonic's time a few times before (for the events of Rivals, Colours... maybe 06). So I very highly doubt that Gold's involved with Silver's previous escapades. (Though I also don't think there's ever been just one way for him to travel, either.)

I though in Rivals 2 he had a time machine like Trunks did in Dragon Ball Z.

One thing I wonder about Gold (and that makes me think that Gold's introduction was not really thought out) what was she doing during Worlds Unite? The Silver Age takes place before the event, so she definitely exists and is with Silver and von Schlemmer during the events of the story, but what is she doing? 

One thing I wonder about Gold (and that makes me think that Gold's introduction was not really thought out) what was she doing during Worlds Unite? The Silver Age takes place before the event, so she definitely exists and is with Silver and von Schlemmer during the events of the story, but what is she doing? 

It certainly is a mystery, though I already have a theory related to the end of 'The Silver Age', as to where they might be:

Maybe, Silver and Co. get sent to the Nexus world teased at the end of Worlds Unite, and Silver's officially given his mission there: to help close ALL the Genesis Portals across the multiverse. (I mean, c'mon. There's gotta be more than just one psychic hedgehog trying to close these things, right?)

Maybe Gold and the Professor stayed there or headed back to Silver's timeline around the time Sigma started his plan. Granted, it's a long shot (and also kind of a moot point now that Worlds Unite technically never happened) but not necessarily impossible...

The wonders of time travel! Gold was never actually around during worlds unite since she exists 200 years in sonic's future. But with silver traveling back in time it almost looks like they're in the same period or close to it even though they aren't

Edited by Sonicfan4life

The wonders of time travel! Gold was never actually around during worlds unite since she exists 200 years in sonic's future. But with silver traveling back in time it almost looks like they're in the same period or close to it even though they aren't

Well, we don't actually know where Gold was during Worlds Unite. She might've found a way back to Silver's time after 'The Silver Age', or she and the Professor may have been on Mobius when it fused with Earth, or they could've been on an entirely different world. That's the big problem with 'The Silver Age' ending on a cliffhanger; the only thing we know for sure is that Silver started hopping between worlds after that arc, and eventually encounters Sonic.

Edited by Neo M'egga Man

Well, we don't actually know where Gold was during Worlds Unite. She might've found a way back to Silver's time after 'The Silver Age', or she and the Professor may have been on Mobius when it fused with Earth, or they could've been on an entirely different world. That's the big problem with 'The Silver Age' ending on a cliffhanger; the only thing we know for sure is that Silver started hopping between worlds after that arc, and eventually encounters Sonic.

i think its safe to say Gold does not exist in the same time period as worlds unite. it either happens before [if you're following silver's story] or after [if you're following sonic's story] but its hard to tell since time travel is so confusing!