MetalSkulkBane_PL

Ideas for new Sonic games

21 posts in this topic

I believe that title is self-explenatory So here my idea: Sonic vs Eggman.

Two stories + Final Story. In both stories you can switch at any moment between fast character (Sonic/Metal) and flying one with gadgets (Tails/Eggman). Cream and Marine/Orbot and Cubot serve as tutorial/exposition/shop/comic reliefs. Eggman bots and Sonic friends as bosses. Bots and Blaze army/G.U.N. Forces as enemies. Big part of story takes place in Sol DImension. Blaze and Nega are final bosses. In Final Story you play as Eggman against Super Sonic and then as Sonic against Eggman machine powered by Super Sonic Energy (working name: Egg Champion). Fight starts with Eggman saying "Run, Sonic...RUN!" and that what you do cause robot is immune to your attacks. Its made of nanites and it simply fixes in seconds any damage Sonic can do to it. Eggman is inside of it in a capsule and he's directly hooked to nanites so Champion repeats all his moves. in first phase you must collect boost to knock Eggman out of robot, then he flies to his ship. Then you must chase after Eggman while avoiding Champion, until you both get to his ship. Egg Champion cant attack you without destroying ship so intead you must fight internal defences .(Think like final bosses of 8-bit Sonic 1 and 2 games but in 3D). Final cutscene showes Egg Champion comically repeating Eggman moves, when he throws a tantrum and tries defend himself from Sonic.

Your Ideas?

1 person likes this

cool...

mine : a game that when sonic uses homing attack when it reaches the enemy go through it not like other games that sonic bounces back. i name my game : sonic heroes 2 neo metal sonic strikes!!

it will happen right after sonic generations!!

there will be 10 teams. 10 different story's with one last story. teams names : team sonic : sonic and tails and knuckels team dark : shadow rouge omega team rose : amy cream blaze team chaotix : charmy espio vector/mighty (mighty will be unlocked in chaotix story) team egg : eggman eggman nega past of eggman team metal : neo metal sonic with three of his clones team sonic past : past of sonic tails knuckels team hedgehog : sonic shadow silver team dimensoin : silver marine blaze team super :super sonic super shadow super silver

the story is: after eggman and his past were traped in time a time hole appeared and eggman nega came out from it said : my future is ruined thanks to you you'll pay

past of eggman : who is that your future...(i will get like that??) and after an eggy argue they will make a plan .

they will go to past where metal sonic was defeated in sonic heroes and taked him to future after he woke up they gave him energy and they tried to make something else of him but metal sonic changed to neo metal sonic again and copied all of robots and everything there then used chaos control and send them to past without eggman nega's time traveling machine. then he said sonic wait for me this time will copie everything alive or dead or even if it doesn't exist...

well it get's too long to say every teams story... -_-

I've got an idea. An open world game that's based heavily on the comics, where there's a huge hub with loads of places to go (Angel island, New Mobotropolis etc). You also interact a lot with characters and can play several of them. There'd be loads of side missions and levels based around all sorts of locations on Mobius. I can't really think of what the story would be though.

2 people like this

A collaboration with Square Enix, if only to see the reactions of people who tend to negatively compare plot depth in Sonic to Final Fantasy.

Ideally, it would play similarly to Generations with some new non-disruptive gimmicks, and maybe bring back the Adventure Fields from SA1 (greatly expanded, obviously). Failing that, just go full-on RPG with a combat system tailored to fit Sonic and whoever's in his party, but without ripping off Chronicles.

Thinking about this, my main idea is not so much a ‘new’ sonic game, but cherry picking the bits I like from others, hence:

The basic idea is something like Sonic Advance but in 3d like generations. There are multiple characters, but the overall play style is the same as the goal is to get from A to B on the level. Of course, each character will have different abilities (Sonic: homing attack/boost, Tails: flying, Knuckles: Glide/climb etc) The first time a level must be completed by the character determined by the story. Once completed it can be played through by any unlocked character.

The story would focus on a few characters, definitely Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, and maybe a few more (Amy? Shadow?? Silver???). Story characters are unlocked once you complete their first level. Other characters are unlocked by collecting five red star rings in a specific level. The earlier rings would unlock gimmicks such as artwork and soundtracks. Oh, and you can change the soundtrack a la Generations if you wish. The Chaos emeralds are collected in small side games. While actually gaining the emerald would be easy (see below for reasons), getting an S rank would be a real challenge.

The story would involve Robotnick doing his usual trying to conquer the world thing, but this time he claims to be trying to save it, as there is a bigger threat. Naturally, no one buys it. Once the main story is completed, and all the chaos emeralds collected, you unlock the final story. Hence why actually getting the emeralds is fairly easy, don’t want to lock out content. In this story it turns out Robotnick was right, something worse is attacking. (Very tempted to say Mammoth Mogul, though that does open the thorny issue of games vs comics!) This would comprise of one level and one boss fight, but unlike previous Sonic games you can choose which of the story characters fights, with different endings for each.

And what the hell, let’s throw the Chao garden in there as well.

I’ve also been playing a lot of the new Fire Emblem game recently, so in the spirit of this topic: Sonic Tactics???? A sonic based turn-based strategy game? You could easily modify the Fire Emblem swords/axes/lances version of rock/scissors/paper. Speed attacks, power attacks and defensive(?) attacks… Speed beats power, power beats defensive, defensive beats speed? Use chaos powers in place of magic, and other range abilities take place of archery (though take away the ‘can’t attack adjacent units rule). Just some random thoughts!

Hmm, I’m actually pondering this now. A Speedster class for Sonic (and maybe Mina) with high speed, movement and attack, but if hit takes a lot of damage. Though, it would gain a heal if no other units are nearby ability later on. Knuckles as a well rounded combat class with power and defensive attacks. Tails starts off as the weakest character but with huge growth potential. An advanced class version of the standard range class (i.e. E-102 Gamma) would be a ranged unit with high defence (such as E-123 Omega or Tail’s mecha).

And speaking of advanced classes, Shadow would start off as one, rather than a basic class, which would have bother close-combat and chaos attacks. Use ring’s as healing items. Add a new level to the support mechanic: team. If three character have A rank support with each other they can be tagged as a team, a improved version of the pair-up mechanic. Though a character can only be in one designated team at a time…

Gah, I’m thinking too much about this. Switch off brain, SWITCH OFF!

I completely agree with HyperMetal50. Although it would probably take years to make and have constant updates for new missions and side quests, having a full game based off of the comics with multiple playable characters would be a great idea. And they could make it so that you can create squads for certain characters like having some parts of the freedom fighters, Chaotix, and even the Destructix or Eggman empire as a villain type quest line. For a straight forward Sonic vs Eggman game, I'd like for them to at least include tails and knuckles as full playable characters like they do in sonic adventure. Also let them go hyper and turbo for once too. Sonic heroes was fun but the whole shove them in a yellow ball and go was kind of cheesy.

I've got an idea. An open world game that's based heavily on the comics, where there's a huge hub with loads of places to go (Angel island, New Mobotropolis etc). You also interact a lot with characters and can play several of them. There'd be loads of side missions and levels based around all sorts of locations on Mobius. I can't really think of what the story would be though.

That is a great idea for a game. I would definatly play it if it is made. Anyone who works for sega out there, "hint" "hint"

That is a great idea for a game. I would definatly play it if it is made. Anyone who works for sega out there, "hint" "hint"

Sadly, I sort of doubt they'll ever make a game with just one comic character in it.

A 3D fighting game would become great.

if they make it like Naruto shippuden : ultimate ninja 4 , it becomes a dream game..... :wub:

This is probably the closet you'll get homie:

As for an idea, I have lots of them, but one of them would be to take the style of the SegaSonic arcade game, and make a game based on it where 4 plays can play co-op or add battle modes, also should be playing online, gamers like that. Also, SegaSonic was a really hard game, so maybe make it easier like 3D Blast but without the flickies, or having to find anything, I'm tired of almost every game I get having all that stuff you can find when it barely has any inpact on the game but some extra stuff you may not even be interested in, so yeah, nothing like those red rings or flickies like their also doing in Lost World, just 4 player co-op fun. Two examples would be that new 3D mario game coming out that 4 people can play, and Ratchet and Clank: All 4 one:

My idea of a new sonic game is vector,espio,& charmy reunite with mighty to solve a case .

The story is that they get hired GUN to track down military robots that go cwazy.Its basically a spin-off like shadow the hedgehog.

My idea for a new Sonic game, like Seviper over here, involves the Chaotix.

My idea is like a cross between Knuckles Chaotix, Sonic Adventure and Sonic Heroes. The characters are as follows:

Espio the Chameleon: Fastest, Climbs Walls, Invisible

Vector the Crocodile: Really Strong, Relatively Slow, Can Swim for Long Periods of Time.

Charmy the Bee: Flies Relatively Quickly (Allows for rapid air-travel) But Not For Very Long Distances, Mildly Annoying

Knuckles the Echidna: Really Strong Too, Faster than Vector, Glides, Climbs Walls.

Mighty the Armadillo: Strong (Not as strong as Vector or Knuckles), Fast (Not as fast as Espio), Can Take 2 Hits Before Dropping Rings

Ray the Flying Squirrel: Kinda Quick on the Ground, Flies For Long Distances.

Basically the story is that Sonic loses the Chaos Emeralds, and enlists the Chaotix to find them while he holds off Eggman. What Sonic doesn't know is that Eggman sent Metal Sonic after the Chaotix, so he could get the Chaos Emeralds to power his latest creation: The Egg Chaos, which is the final boss.

How the levels work in this game is that you will start in an Adventure Field (Like in SA) and then find the levels around the area. When you find the level, while it loads, it shows you an image and gives you a description of the level. Once loading is complete, it will go to a Character Select (Like in Knuckles Chaotix). You can either select 2 specific characters based on the level description, or you can get the game to choose 2 random characters.

That's my idea. I hope you liked it :P

1 person likes this

Ok,now something different: idea for Mega Man game.

-You dont have Mega Buster

-You have every other weapon from every other game ever.

-There is no weapon energy in stages.

-Weapon energy is not restored between stages,

Once you use up your weapon you have to go through whole game without it.

Edited by MetalSkulkBane_PL

I liked the idea Wily Tower had (Sega Channel). Just go into a tower and pick whatever weapons you want from the first 3 games. If they would put all weapons into one game and you can select.. let's say 15 weapons (including Magnet Beam, Rope etc.) that would be awesome.

I'd given some thought over this a couple of weeks ago.

My idea for a Sonic game would be something Sonic Adventure-ish. I suppose I'd like to see a plot where Sonic and Tails come across the Knothole Freedom Fighters for the first time (Sally Acorn, Antoine, Bunnie, Rotor, and possibly NICOLE), all sporting their latest redesigns from the comics. It'd basically be about Sonic and Tails teaming up with the FF to battle Doctor Eggman. The following characters would have their own gameplay styles, which is where I drew the similarities to Sonic Adventure.

• Sonic - Speed/Platforming
  • Tails - Flight/Platforming
  • Sally - Speed/Platforming/Stealth
  • Antoine and Bunnie - Beat-em up Werehog-style missions
  • Rotor - Mech-shooting/Some platforming

The game itself wouldn't be like Adventure where it wouldn't have you picking a character and playing as that character only before being able to unlock the next one. Rather, you could freely choose when to play as a certain character, in a way where doing a character's missions in a certain order wouldn't affect the storyline.

As for a name of this fan-game, I haven't really taken the time to think of a very good one.

EDIT: Aaaand I just noticed MetalSkulk's post right above which completely changed the topic. I'm good at this, aren't I? :P

Edited by SeriouslyStupid

A collaboration with Square Enix, if only to see the reactions of people who tend to negatively compare plot depth in Sonic to Final Fantasy.

Ideally, it would play similarly to Generations with some new non-disruptive gimmicks, and maybe bring back the Adventure Fields from SA1 (greatly expanded, obviously). Failing that, just go full-on RPG with a combat system tailored to fit Sonic and whoever's in his party, but without ripping off Chronicles.

Now that would be interesting though one of the few things I would really want to see in the unlikely chance this ever occurs is what Square Enix might do with the art style.

What about a game like this? :

NMS has again returned but this time he has NMed style's of other characters like NMAmy , NMTails , NMShadow , NMKnux , NMSilver and others... Nearly everyone that appeared in sonic generations! And for each of them is a level like for shadow the boss is NMShadow and in the stage the chaos control powers of shadow are needed, or in silvers stage his ESP is needed... The last boss would be NMS vs Sonic on a fair fight without any chaos emeralds until reaching the True final boss... AND ALL OF THE NMeds will be playable! :wub:

My game: Sonic the Hedgehog: World's end

prologue: Sonic is lying around on a tree in the green hill zone, when suddenly Silver happens to walk by. Sonic thinks to himself, "This is strange".

So Sonic calls out to Silver, "Yo! Whats up Silver?!"

"Sonic!? What are you doing here?"

"Just chillin, how about you something amiss in the future, or are just droppin by to say hello?"

"The future?"

"Yeah, didn't you say you were from the future of this time?

"Oh, no!"

"Whats up?"

"I'm sorry Sonic, I have to go!"

So Silver runs off into the distance in a hurry but before he can get too far, the Egg Viper randomly appears in front of Sonic.

"Huh?" This is strange Doctor Eggman says inside of the machine.

Sonic takes quick notice and easily defeats the Egg Viper, Afterwards Sonic says "Running out of ideas Eggy?"

"What do you mean? This is the first time I've used this machine!", Eggman responds.

Suddenly, black holes appear all around Sonic; so he races forward in search of Tails, so they can figure out what is going on.

It turns out that using the chaos emeralds as many times as our heroes have, has caused the world to become dimensionally unsable, now Sonic and friends must work together in order to save not just the world, but reality it's self.

Playable Characters: Sonic, Silver, Tails, Eggman, and every other sonic character.

And well there's too much to talk about just post a question if you wanna know more.

1 person likes this

BRING BACK FORGOTTEN CHARACTERS!!!

My game: Sonic the Hedgehog: World's end

prologue: Sonic is lying around on a tree in the green hill zone, when suddenly Silver happens to walk by. Sonic thinks to himself, "This is strange".

So Sonic calls out to Silver, "Yo! Whats up Silver?!"

"Sonic!? What are you doing here?"

"Just chillin, how about you something amiss in the future, or are just droppin by to say hello?"

"The future?"

"Yeah, didn't you say you were from the future of this time?

"Oh, no!"

"Whats up?"

"I'm sorry Sonic, I have to go!"

So Silver runs off into the distance in a hurry but before he can get too far, the Egg Viper randomly appears in front of Sonic.

"Huh?" This is strange Doctor Eggman says inside of the machine.

Sonic takes quick notice and easily defeats the Egg Viper, Afterwards Sonic says "Running out of ideas Eggy?"

"What do you mean? This is the first time I've used this machine!", Eggman responds.

Suddenly, black holes appear all around Sonic; so he races forward in search of Tails, so they can figure out what is going on.

It turns out that using the chaos emeralds as many times as our heroes have, has caused the world to become dimensionally unsable, now Sonic and friends must work together in order to save not just the world, but reality it's self.

Playable Characters: Sonic, Silver, Tails, Eggman, and every other sonic character.

And well there's too much to talk about just post a question if you wanna know more.

that sounds amazing!

Edited by Skye Prower
(Mod note: Please don't double post. Thank you!)

How about a game including the new FF and Chaotix, and as villains could be Team Hooligan, Eggman, Neo Metal Sonic, and ....dum dum dum dum... Nega Eggman!!! :D

also of course including in Chaotix are Mighty and Ray too~

It could be called: Sonic Worlds United

Fully agreed with @SeriouslyStupid (what were you thinkin' putting that name, bro? xD) I've always wanted to see an Adventure-ish game, kinda like what Sonic 06 should have been but with the Archie crew.

But since Sega Japan seems to hate the comics because reasons, I'll stick only with the "cannonical" heroes, reclycling some game mechanics from previous installments and giving them to diferent playable characters, each one with its own story, but all of them connected in some point:

• Sonic: basic speed platforming, mostly based on modern games.
  • Tails: keep the platforming, but more slowly-paced, focused on exploration. Kinda like the Chaotix in Sonic Heroes.
  • Knuckles: WEREHOGerrrrrr, I mean, beat'em up. I'm personally tired of Knuckles looking for Master Emerald shards AGAIN. I would rather show him in his most "seek and destroy" side.

*The next characters would mix the previous styles or just make some minor changes.

• Amy: similar to Tails, but faster gameplay (some time-limited levels?) and adding some beat'em up segments like Knuckles (PIKO-PIKO!)
  • Shadow: like Sonic, but harder and longer levels. Isn't he the Ultimate Life-form? Then let him prove so. 
  • Rouge: METAL GEARuuuhhhhh... Stealth and treasure hunting. More tactical oriented, but still challenging to play with. 
  • Silver: uh... this one's hard... platforming and making use of the telekinesis to fight and solve some puzzles BUT not making him slow as hell. This is a videogame, right? So let's make ALL THE CHARACTERS fun to play with.
  • Blaze: Sonic-styled, again. Seriously, I dunno what else to give to this kitty. She deserves some cool level redesign or something.

Aaaaaand I would add even more characters, like Big, Cream or Omega... but don't want to oversize this.

The story sould be something you want to know more about, but not as complex as a Final Fantasy game. Maybe Kingdom Hearts would be a more accurate example to get ideas from, but without the "Disney magic". Interesting and worth-seeing, dramatic when needed, but still lighthearted and with smart comedy. Also, I would make better use of the fabulous lore there is in the Sonic universe and Sega constantly tends to forget about...

I think at this point Sega can come up with a really complete game with various gameplay mechanics and different playable chracters, but now they seem to be focusing only on Sonic... aaaaaaand Classic Sonic. Which is still Sonic, but in 2D. 

But there is a lot more that Sonic. Yeah, he's the protagonist, the main character, the badass, the cool one, the Blue Blur... but he's not the center of the universe.

Edited by ChaosKaiser
1 person likes this