Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

I agree Inuki! I hope the plot for the werehog issues will be amazing. x3

Also, I love how there's a little Okami/Chibiterasu hanging about. x3

It will, my friend. It will. Considering this is what most of the fans had been anticipating for.

lol. Thanks. I forgot to add it again when I changed my siggy though, but I fixed it. ;D

We haven't quite reached the 'Boom' yet, but while you wait for that, here are the covers and solicit for the upcoming Issue #266: "Ambushed" Part 1!

Ca7PCha.png33EGvT7.png

'Ambushed', Part 1: Sonic's in need of some inner peace, but it's going to take more than yoga and meditation! He seeks the guidance of Mighty the Armadillo's mentor, Moss the Sloth. Can the sage sage help Sonic tame the savage Werehog within? Meanwhile, Sally leads the Freedom Fighters in recovering a Chaos Emerald - but could she be leading them right into a trap? Featuring all-new cover art from Lamar Wells, and part 3 of a 3-part connecting 'SUPER SMASH' collector cover set!

The 'Smash' variant is part of a 3-piece connecting cover (a la 'Countdown To Chaos' and the upcoming 'Sonic Boom' Issue #1), along with Mega Man #42 and Sonic Universe #69, and I LOVE IT! Kinda interesting that Sonic'll be going through some training, which could explain how Sonic becomes so combat-efficient in his Werehog form. It might also give a reason for making him transform back and forth under certain circumstances (i.e. Sonic during the day, Werehog at night). I could be completely wrong, however. And the Freedom Fighters looking for another Emerald, only to land in another trap. Hmm... what do you guys think?

While we're at it, here's the cover and solicitation for the upcoming Super Digest #9, featuring the origins of Bunnie Rabbot:

ReVDA0u.png

Get ready for a super special edition of the Sonic Super Digest! Featuring an all-new story continuing the hit Sonic Comic Origins mini-feature blasts into your hands as that boisterous southern belle, Bunnie Rabbot, takes center stage! Learn how everyone's favorite bunny bomber overcame her tragic disability to grow into the freedom fighting powerhouse she is today! Then, continue the fun with more classic adventures from the Sonic comic library as well as special features focusing on the brand new Sonic Comic Universe only Archie Comics and Sonic Super Digest can bring!

Ooh! Training for the werehog! Sounds like an interesting idea! I'm liking the sound of all this!

Well it could be a nice moment for release Honey the cat I guess.

I mean, Sonic will encounter a old sage for a special traning so it could be possible.

I really like the normal cover and I can't wait to see the next issue :)

I. CAN. NOT. WAIT. Just 4 more issues to go before the training commences!

A question... Do you think Sonic will transform next issue? Just curious.

Highly doubt it since the blurb for issue 264 says

Prepare yourself for the terrifying DEBUT of SONIC THE WEREHOG!

So I suspect this will be another of those "close-but-no-cigar" moments for the transformation

I guess... Maybe just a glimpse? To tease us, readers?

Well, we're getting it closer and closer but I still think t won't the full transformation. I might be wrong though

Maybe Rotor will fall unconscious in the next issue while Sonic transforms for a brief period and defeats the Dark Gaia minion, then Werehog, out of instinct, rescues his comrade and head for land then he transforms back into the Blue Blur?I don't know.

Speculations and theories are the only things we have now.

I highly doubt that. The most likely scenario I can see, is that Sonic will (yet again) come close to transforming under the pressure, but then...

...Chaos will show up at the last minute to cleanse the water, allow the heroes to breathe once more, and assist them in defeating the Dark Guardian.

Ah. That is a highly possible occurrence. I did remember

Chaos

being featured in one of the issues (can't remember what issue number though)

Next issue is when he's set to appear. At least according to the cover and the blurb

I can't wait. And he better appear or else.

I was a little bugged by

The Deus Ex Machina of Chaos and Tikal showing up out of nowhere, but it was decently foreshadowed, and I'd be lying if I said I didn't love the expansion of the game universe and old underused characters and mechanics through these stories.

Based on the last panel alone, she looks almost mouse/rat-like (I'm not sure why I thought that. Earlier, I thought she would look like a cat).

Her name might mean that she has some sort of electric powers.

And based on the way she spoke, I would guess she might have Rosy the Rascal's personality: Cheery, but malaciously crazy.

The solocitation for the next issue may indicate that she's going to be the cause of Sonic's Werehog transformation, which would be triggered by one of two things:

1) She might be capable of almost killing Sonic and/or his friends, making the transformation a survival instinct.

or

2) She might threaten the lives of Sonic's friends, making him just angry enough to transform.

But now I'm just rambling. I can't believe we have a whole month just to speculate.

Edited by Crossharemega

Actually I kinda disagree. I think she'll be after Sally's group rather than Sonic's sibce from what I understand, Sonic will end up facing Mighty from at the latest issue 2 and given how much effort they seem to have taken with conceiling Thundrbolt, she does look to be someone who ends up making more than one appearance

I wonder where the next Chaos emerald is. Based on what they showed with her silhouette, I wonder if the red jewel-looking thing on her forehead gives any foreshadow of the location. One thing's for sure, the wait is going to build up so much tension for me. One other thing with Thunderbolt, I feel as though she is going to be one of the characters that are going to show complete loyalty to Robotnik. I also feel like she is going to be completely insane in regards to what I can make out of her facial expression (wide eyes and maniacle smile).

Speaking of Thunderbolt, it looks like she'll be coming back in the upcoming Issue #267, the finale of 'Ambushed'. Here are the covers and solicitation:

1376889_ful.jpg1376888_ful.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #267

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Jamal Peppers, Terry Austin (CA) Evan Stanley, Terry Austin

The thunderous conclusion to the latest Sonic story arc crashes to a close at lightning speed! 'Ambushed!' Part Two: Sonic's gotten himself into a hairy situation! The savage Werehog threatens to erupt from within, and the vengeful Egg Boss Thunderbolt attacks from without! What's a cursed hedgehog to do? Unfortunately he won't get by with a little help from his friends; the Freedom Fighters are far too busy fighting for their lives against three killer E-100 robots! Don't miss the explosive ending featuring cover art by Stanley, Austin and Hunzeker, plus a hilarious new 'Holiday Havoc!' variant cover with pencils by Sonic artist extraordinaire Jennifer Hernandez!

It also looks like we'll get some more E-100 series 'bots (re)introduced to us in this issue. And Chip's here... well, on the variant, at least. What do you guys think?

And hey, as an added bonus, allow me to throw in the cover and solicitation for the upcoming graphic novel containing 'The Chase' story arc(s):

1377257_ful.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG TP VOL 02 THE CHASE

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Evan Stanley & Various (CA) Tracy Yardley

The hottest new Sonic graphic novel series continues! One of the oldest, most beloved video game icons speeds into brand new comic book stories with new friends, new foes and new adventures! Sonic's world has been shattered into pieces-literally! It's up to Sonic and his heroic friends, the Freedom Fighters, to do damage control and find a way to fix the world! But they aren't alone in their search. Dr. Eggman wants to fix the planet, too - so he can conquer it! Sonic The Hedgehog Volume 2: The Chase collects Sonic The Hedgehog #257-259 and Sonic Comic Origins #1-4, which offers readers an exciting glimpse into the world of the Freedom Fighters and how they began!

So, just to recap, this graphic novel should include 'Damage Control', 'The Chase' two-parter (hopefully with both endings), and the Sally, Rotor, Antoine and Bunnie Comic Origin stories from the Super Digests. That pretty much equals to about four issues-worth. 'Waves of Change' onward should be more straightforward.

I've been waiting for a Christmas variant cover for a LONG time. Seriously, we need more stuff from Hernandez! :D And it appear Chip will be joining them along the way. However by the sounds of the solicit, this just makes Control and Ambushed connected to the point they might as well make it a four part arc.

1 person likes this

Chip? Well, this was going to come eventually. Should be interesting

Not much else to say, really. Very excited and also interested to see Thunderbolt

Me being a character nut, i'm wondering if any of the comic's cast will keep their old personalities... *Cough* Sally *Cough*. But other than that... I'm looking forward to the next issue! I think Flynn has TONS to work with now (Not that he didn't before! Flynn just seemed to be busy cleaning up the mess Penders made). I have a rough idea of where the next Chaos Emerald is, but then again, my memories of Sonic Unleashed could fail me.

Seeing as I didn't give my opinions on the latest issue when it was released, I feel like I should do so before the next one comes out.

So, Issue #263 (and 'Waves of Change' as a whole, for that matter): I think it was a pretty good world-building arc, at the very least. But at the same time, something about it just didn't work with me. I dunno, maybe it was the politics with the King and Queen, the fact that Sonic's team didn't really make too much progress, who knows? That being said, there were a lot of aspects I liked; I was actually kinda interested to sea (...heh, get it?) the underwater city of Meropis, I think Coral, Razor, Pearly and even Capt. Striker were pretty nice additions to the new world's characters, and the appearances of both Tikal and Chaos made me happy. (Although, with the Dark Guardian now defeated, who's gonna guard the Shamar Temple?) I also liked the nods to SA1 with the Egg Carriers and more, but overall I still came out of this arc thinking it was pretty cool... but nothing more than that. But hey, we get to see Mighty and Ray again, along with our first look at (I presume) Moss the Sloth.

As for 'Light in the Dark/Consequences': This was also a decently fun adventure, but I liked it a little bit more than the main story. Although the Freedom Fighters' part(s) was more-or-less just a Chaos Emerald hunt, I actually kinda liked seeing NICOLE learning how important it is to protect parts of the world while saving it. Antoine also had his moments (namely involving his hair and Badniks), Sally showed why she's leading the team, and Tails... well, he was there for the hacking and grabbing the Emerald, I guess. But for me, 'Consequences' was the part I enjoyed the most, even though the premise was very simple; two new Egg Bosses discovering the aftermath of the FF's operation, and reporting it to Eggman. But I liked how it portrayed these two new characters (Cassia and Clove) as caring sisters to each other, showing an arguably less evil side to the Eggman Empire. As for the real evil, I think our first 'look' at Thunderbolt is enough to make one worried.

Overall, despite some flaws, it was a fun arc. But I'm certainly looking forward to the next couple of two-parters, especially since it's gonna get a little... hairy.

Overall, despite some flaws, it was a fun arc. But I'm certainly looking forward to the next couple of two-parters, especially since it's gonna get a little...hairy.

Warning! Bad joke detected!

Edited by BlueBlur62391

So, since I checked comixology, and 264 wasn't there, should I be guessing there are some delays on Archie's part?