Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

I found a new king and queen to hate, total how do you say jerk faces Not an issue that I would put as one of my favorites but it does give background on the fish people

I really enjoy the new direction where Archie going, It's much better than before (I didn't follow all issue but I know the mess they did during a long time).

And the departure of Ken Penders was probably the best thing that happened to Archie.

I'll also love archie if they put Honey the cat (my favorite character <3 )

"Honey the cat (my favorite character <3 )"

Favorite? Any reason in particular? Admittedly I like Fang for little to no reason but we still can tell anything about Fang. (I'm not getting used to calling him Nack)

Well about Honey, I love her design.

And her personnality as never develop so I think Archie could do something awesome with her.

I saw in the fan letter a lot of people wanna her and the Archie's answer going in the same direction. I think they just wait the proper time to put her in the comic.

Like they do with Bean, Bark, Fang and Ray :)

And here's part two of the covers and solicits. Or part one. Depending which you look at first I guess

StH_265_Cover.jpgStH_265_Variant.jpg

"Control," Part 2. The Werehog is unleashed! As the jungle collapses in flames, it's up to Mighty to bring his feral friend to heel! But can Sonic even tell ally apart from enemy anymore? Then in 'The Grand Tour,' Rotor shows off all of the Sky Patrol's abilities; unfortunately, it's right as a Badnik Horde attacks! Don't miss a moment of the action, with cover art from the titanic team of Yardley, Austin and Stanley - plus an epic Sonic Adventure variant by the newest Sonic superstar Rafa Knight!

The werehog looks so fluffy in the variant. Like a stuffed toy :D And the regular cover is looking pretty good too

Hmm... so this sounds a little different from Unleashed where he was still himself. Now it looks like it's more than just a physical change. Will that make it more interesting? Yeah, I think so. It would mean Mighty VS Werehog fight! I'd like to see that here

What do you all think?

YES! Called it! I knew there would be a Mighty vs Werehog fight! :D Great Yardley cover, but that variant is just too cool. I like the new direction they're taking with the Werehog. Maybe Chip helps bring back his sanity?

Super strong armadillo vs beastly hedgehog

I'd watch that fight

It certain sounds like it's gonna be fun. This is actaully the first time I've felt excited for a story in the reboot.

Maybe Chip helps bring back his sanity?

Now that is a very good guess HyperMetal. I'm certainly not gonna bet against it!

The ironic thing about my guess, is that when Sonic theorises Chip's helping him with his sanity in the game, he just replies it's the goodness in his heart or something like that. Letting the Werehog actually effect him mentally is a greater use of the concept and letting Chip bring him back from beast mode would really help show Chip's pure goodness and, err lightness :P

Yeah, I like the idea that Chip helps Sonic keep his sanity more than the "goodness in his heart stuff". I like that theory HyperMetal. I'll be rooting for it

I also love the idea, It would be great if that theory comes to be accurate HyperMetal

For me, the werehog form should represent the anger of Sonic and his animal side (yes unleashed like the title of the game !) like they will do it in the comic, and it's a really good thing.

One of my reproach of Sonic unleashed was Sonic in werehog who stay the same with his normal personnality, a real big mess for Sonic team who don't exploited properly a good idea who was the Werehog.

Edited by Zanoss10

Do you guys think Penders' characters will ever return? They were really cool and it won't be the same without them.. hope Archie thinks of a solution

Well, I don't think the character of Ken penders will come back again and for me it's a good thing.

I mean, the character of Ken take too many place in the Sonic universe and the other character was sometime completely erase by them.

I prefer to stay focus on the real main character with some secondary character.

I disagree. I liked the Penders characters a lot and while I doubt they will return I hope they do

At the moment, it seems like all the characters bar SEGA, SatAM and a select few of Ian's characters are barred. And I doubt any of them will return

Do you guys think Penders' characters will ever return? They were really cool and it won't be the same without them.. hope Archie thinks of a solution

Simply put, I really don't think so. Even if they did finally get a chance to do so, either SEGA and/or Archie would probably still be uncomfortable with adding them in, due to the possibility of more court cases returning. Another thing to think about, is that Ian Flynn might just be more comfortable working with the new characters he's introduced in the reboot, rather than bringing back a lot of older characters from before the crossover, making the reboot seem almost entirely pointless in hindsight.

i see sonic becoming more aggressive in comic 259,....soon he will become a werehog!

Got to wait for issue 265 for that I suspect. Too far away!

Got to wait for issue 265 for that I suspect. Too far away!

Actually, it's 264... checked Sonic Wiki. ':P

Yeah, I was making a guess of which one at the time. I was pretty sure it wasn't going to be the right comic. But thanks for confirming I guess

Whitefang's right, Dylan. It is Issue 264. *sigh* I guess we need to wait for 3 more issues to see the werehog in action.

261 was kinda irritating for me, thankfully the side story did a nice job in easing my irritation. :P

I agree Inuki! I hope the plot for the werehog issues will be amazing. x3

Also, I love how there's a little Okami/Chibiterasu hanging about. x3

So I was a few comics behind, but now I've finally caught up!

I'm really loving all these video game references especially all these chao! I can't believe how accurate the chao evolutions have been with Crusher being a dark swim chao and Aquarius being a hero swim/swim chao. You even have a bunch of other swim type chao running around the temple. It definitely makes sense they are all swim influenced though.

So I was a few comics behind, but now I've finally caught up!

I'm really loving all these video game references especially all these chao! I can't believe how accurate the chao evolutions have been with Crusher being a dark swim chao and Aquarius being a hero swim/swim chao. You even have a bunch of other swim type chao running around the temple. It definitely makes sense they are all swim influenced though.

Yeah, I like how the comics really correspond well with the games (or at least one at the moment. xP) while still having it's own story and characters. :3