Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

All of these things are making me impatient for the issue. T-T

The variant cover is creepy cute... in a way.

It's nice having minor characters grab the spotlight once in a while... And the team up with Chaos... I just can't contain my excitement right now. T-T

Whoo! Chaos is joining the fight. And another origins story sounds cool to. Man I am so impatient.

Exactly. I'm itching for it. When is the release date again?

For which one? The next one is apparently May 14

For the main series. :) and thanks for that.

A couple weeks from now...I can't wait! I hope we'll finally get to see the Werehog...and Chip. I really like how Ian worked things in in this new continuity- and it all makes sense! I can't stand when things don't make sense...

I am so on the edge of my seat! I am just desperate to see how different and unique it is to the original game.

Hmm... there seems to have been very little said about the alternate ending in issue 259. I'll assume it's because people haven't seen it yet, so...

StH_259_Variant_Ending.jpg

There you go

Hmm... seems as though the mysterious light (presumably Tikal) will be the reason Sonic joins forces with Coral. A nice little tie-in to Universe #63, if you ask me.

Now all that's left is the Mega Man alternate ending, and this whole 'After The Credits' fiasco will be behing us at last. I haven't exactly been a fan of it, that's for sure.

Yeah, it's definitely Tikal. I ended up seeing her mentioned elsewhere as being the light

Yeah, I think it wasn't really necessary to add in. This sort of information I expect anyway without needing a different ending. But I'll keep my eye out for the Megaman alternate ending

I think it would have been better if they just made one of these extra scenes instead of different ones for each cover. It might have been a good idea, but the execution was poor.

As for it happening again, I have to say I'd prefer it stay a one time and one time only kind of gimmick.

I hope they bring out full Werehog soon. Maybe they will during the next issue, during the whole "Race" thing? I just can't wait.

Uh I have a question: Will be the Free Book Comic Day - Issue online on SCANF? I don't know if the Archie App will upload it.

It should be. They've been uploaded before so it should be uploaded this time too

Geez, it's getting intense over at Bumbleking about this After the Credits thing. I can understand their opinions, but they sure are strong. I mean, it's over now and I doubt it'll happen again. I don't see the need to have a massive debate over it now. What's done is done and all that.

Maybe I'm being a bit insensitive, since I'm not buying them, but they are being very analytical over this entire thing.

Edited by HyperMetal50

Geez, it's getting intense over at Bumbleking about this After the Credits thing. I can understand their opinions, but they sure are strong. I mean, it's over now and I doubt it'll happen again. I don't see the need to have a massive debate over it now. What's done is done and all that.

It was only on three issues from different universes (MM, SU and StH) and the alternative endings aren't important for the main toppic. I can not understand it either. It was a nice idea but well..only one idea so I don't get the point of the problems for this massive debate. Poor Ian Flynn.

1 person likes this

Maybe I'm being a bit insensitive, since I'm not buying them, but they are being very analytical over this entire thing.

I know what you mean. While I haven't participated in the discussion over there, I can see why they're doing this. The concept was just very poorly executed, and many people like to have the full story. Aside from the few that actually liked 'After The Credits Month', I've found that there are those who felt like it was a waste of space, and those who didn't like having to not only find, but (in legal cases) buy the same issue twice, just to get one little extra page of content.

Also, just going over the endings they had, there was either:

- a scene leading into the next arc (STH Variant, SU & MM Standard), or

- a scene hinting at later events and/or characters (STH Standard, SU & MM Variant)

While Scenario B is kinda new and interesting, Scenario A has already been used before (see: the first few arcs of Sonic Universe), which makes it seem less intriguing. The problem is, you never know if/when something like this could happen again in the future. That's why, as far as I can tell, the reason the BumbleCommunity are driving their strong opinions across is because they want to make sure that it never happens again (or at least, not how it was done this time).

(Also, if anyone wants to continue discussing 'After The Credits Month' specifically, I'd suggest heading over to the topic I made a while back.)

I actually have a question I wanna touch on a bit if that's ok? It has to do with Tails being... "The Chosen one" XD

You think they'll touch on that one again or what? lol

I doubt it, given that's was a comic only thing. And honestly, I hope it doesn't come up ever again.

Skye's right. This is comic only and given the reboot being made closer to the games, it doesn't look like it will come back

Late to the party, but if the "Chosen One" was a concept written by Penders, I highly doubt they will even think about it.

Bringing back the chosen one story will only bring one thing .

And it's unanimously seen as a bad one at that.

TITAN TAILS .

Let us all agree that this idea was ... Downright ridiculous .

I'll agree to that. Strangest transformation ever. Hope it doesnt ever show up again