Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

No. Chip is cute. He deserves to be seen outside of his one time appearance. I'm just more excited for the werehog

To counter that , Archie actually got better at that . Now we got other Animals as well.

Yes, yes. Chip is fluffy cute. I'm excited for the werehog too. :D And then seeing the other Freedom Fighters reaction upon their teammate's transformation.

Given we won't 'hear' Chip's voice, hopefully he won't be as annoying in games. I dunno about anyone else, but I thought Chip was fine, except his voice.

1 person likes this

Hopefully. Keeping my fingers crossed on this one. Do you think he'll have amnesia as in the games?

Yes, he does have an annoying voice (must the one factor I remained neutral about him. lol). But at least it's not as annoying as Jet's. (Though in my opinion, it suits him just fine. :) )

I suspect he will. Or at least, enough so he doesn't reveal the whole plot in one large exposition dump.

I think if he also wasn't the tutorial and "This door won't open yet" voice he'd be far more bearable. I do like his background antics in the cut scenes.

True. Then the world shattering crisis arc would come to an end.

I haven't played Unleashed, but I did manage to watch some playthroughs on YouTube. :D Goofy amnesiac Chip is a goofy amnesiac Chip. :P

Seeing Chip and Sonic hopefully be friends all over again will be soo cute. Especially now in the games where he is hardly mentioned again. Chip was an OK character for me, cute at times but after getting his memeory back (SPOILER SORRY) he got a little...dull.

:wub: love him though

Edited by SSJSilver

Don't worry. I watched the cutscenes on YouTube. I know what happens. And I kinda agree with you there. I'll always remember him as his memory-loss version

I watched them too. The cut scenes are really good movie alternatives. Anyway, it'd be nice to see that all over again. And Chip forming friendships with the others (considering the others will be in his adventure.)

Do you think the Werehog transformations will happen at night? Because it seems that it's probably going to happen if one of his friends get hurt or something ticks him off... which seems different to the game. But this comics is different in many ways so I guess that's OK.

Transformation might possibly occur if any of his friends get hurt or he gets angry. But the bigger possibility is that, transformation will occur in the evening as to pay homage to the games.

I disagree. It looks like he just transforms when he gets angry here. But it might be evenings too. I guess we'll see. All this talk is making me impatient

I just realised something. We should get preview covers of future issues within the next couple days or so. :)

You guys have heard about Yardley!?

If you dont have patience to watch - he has a little financial problems and there is a special charity livestream to help him.

I would like to point that he has 5 children, 3 of which are adopted. Also that we owe him a lot and propably many of use never actually bought a single comic.

The event will commence at 3PM ET on Saturday, April 19th on the FTCR Twitch feed. Just remember to check your time zones.

@Dylan: But aren't werecreatures meant to transform in the evening as to pay... Oh forget it, it depends on the writer anyway. XD Me too, it's making me impatient (and excited) too! XD

@HyperMetal50: I'm excited!

@MetalSkulkBane_PL: Awww. I hope I can watch it. I'm not sure if I could. :/

Soo... impaitent... too... Can't wait for preview...

(How do you get those signature things?)

Well, previews are meant to come soon. I'm guessing NegaMetallix will put them up when he sees them

(You edit your profile)

And a thank you in advance is in order then.

@Silver:Yeah, you just edit your profile. :D

So.... we must agonizingly and patiently wait for the previews then wait a couple more weeks before the next issue is uploaded. lol

Ah, it feels good to be doing these again. Here are the covers and solicitation for the upcoming Issue #263: The finale to 'Waves of Change'!

(WARNING: CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR A CERTAIN APPEARANCE IN SU #63!)

1347347_ful.jpg1347346_ful.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #263: (W) Ian Flynn, Aleah Baker (A) Evan Stanley & Various (CA) Ben Bates

'Waves of Change,' Part Four: Cool off from the hot summer sun with Sonic the Hedgehog! The tides are turning in Sonic's favor-literally-as Chaos joins the fray! It's all-out war to save the underwater city from total devastation in this thrilling conclusion! Then, in 'Consequences,' take a sneak peek into Eggman's shattered world crisis battle plan-we'll give you a hint, it's evil! Featuring super-cool cover art from Ben Bates and a Chao-tastic variant cover from Evan Stanley.

Well, at least we now know where Chaos jumped off to in SU #63. (I assume that he jumped, I haven't actually read the issue yet, just the summary.) And still no mention of the Werehog fully appearing, which surprises me since I thought the 'Change' in the title would refer to that. Oh well, there's always the next arc...

As an added bonus, here's the cover & solicit for the Sonic Super Digest #8, featuring another 'Origins' story:

1347345_ful.jpg

SONIC SUPER SIZED DIGEST #8: (W) Ian Flynn (A) Lamar Wells & Various (CA) Rafa Knight

Sonic Super Digest returns with an all-new story continuing the hit Sonic Origins mini-feature! Sonic the Hedgehog has many friends, but few are as brave, stalwart or had as much growth as Antoine D'Coolette! Learn how this skittish swordsman crossed paths with Sonic and the Freedom Fighters as only Sonic Super Digest can tell it! Then, continue the fun with more classic adventures from the Sonic comic library! Featuring an all-new CG cover from Sonic superstar Rafa Knight!

So it looks as though these 'Origin' stories will focus on the FFs for now, but at least it should give us some more insight into the new continuity's early days.

Oh gosh! That variant! Just... wow! I'm not sure whether I find it cute or creepy!

Ah, Chaos. I guess given the character shortage, using Chaos does make some sense

Holy...

Suddenly I'm more invested in this Waves of Change arc than ever! :o Chaos is joining the fight!? Well I guess it's safe to assume he has something to do with the oceans not spilling out. However that Chao variant kinda seems a little more on creepy side of cuteness. Tails Doll would be a good thing to compare to. But... why is Sally in her original design?