Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

Next arc has team Hooligan in it. That's probably who they're referring to.

Next arc has team Hooligan in it. That's probably who they're referring to.

Nah,we already know they're still around given two of them appeared in the pirate arc. If you look at front cover of the third issue for the next SU arc you will see who I think they're referring to

Chip

Nah,we already know they're still around given two of them appeared in the pirate arc. If you look at front cover of the third issue for the next SU arc you will see who I think they're referring to

Chip

Chip is addressed separately in the fanmail section though (the Unleashed point right after). The one I'm referring to is the Knuckle and Chaotix answer, as team Hooligan are still a surprise if you haven't seen the solicits, even if two of them have appeared in the post-crossover Universe before. Nothing there stated they were new to the stories.

Edited by Noot Noot

Chip is addressed separately in the fanmail section though (the Unleashed point right after). The one I'm referring to is the Knuckle and Chaotix answer, as team Hooligan are still a surprise if you haven't seen the solicits, even if two of them have appeared in the post-crossover Universe before. Nothing there stated they were new to the stories.

Personally, I don't find it surprise. There aren't an overwhelming number of villains left after the thing with Pendersman. They need everyone they can get

Just some thing Archie is doing to squeeze more money out of the fanbase

Just some thing Archie is doing to squeeze more money out of the fanbase

But it was only on StH 259 right?

Well I agree in some points with Dylans thoughts, but I miss the old storys.

I don't like it, that the comics go after the games, because when I begin to read the comics I thought it will be a different, more exiting universe than the games. Away from SEGAs stuff :/

No. It was in SU and will be happening more later on

Actually, Centaur man you raise a good point. I DO like seeing the comics differ from the games which is why I'm not overly fond of the Sonic Adventure storyline in the comics. I prefer to find new things which spark my interest. But personally I find, while they are keeping the main ideas the same, storyline itself differs enough for me to still really enjoy it (when it is enjoyable)

Actually, Centaur man you raise a good point. I DO like seeing the comics differ from the games which is why I'm not overly fond of the Sonic Adventure storyline in the comics. I prefer to find new things which spark my interest. But personally I find, while they are keeping the main ideas the same, storyline itself differs enough for me to still really enjoy it (when it is enjoyable)

Ah, okay. I thought it was on StH 259 too and in MM 36 (well MM36 will be published on the 16.04.2014).

Finally someone, who understands me.

I really like it that in the old universe Sonic and his friends don't have to fight Eggman all the time, all the hours and all the months. There was other enermies like the Dark Legion, Scourge or Ixis Naugus. But as you can see in the new universe there is the old-style-SEGA-games with Sonic Vs. Eggman. Well it's a vague statement because the new universe is only 8 issues "old", but when Ian Flynn will continue it in this way, my interest of the StH Universe will sink.

Well, that all depends on how many new villains will appear later in the series, along with (hopefully) some familiar faces too. As far as the new continuity is concerned, there's a couple new villians who'll likely appear more in the future, such as Eclipse, and if you want to count the Sol Zone too, there's Captain Metal/Egg O' War/Wily Egg, Captain Whisker & his crew, and (again, hopefully) Eggman Nega. Also, if we're to count future events, the Deadly Six from Lost World could become recurring villains. (And I'm sure Ian would be able to give them actual personalities too.) With all that said, I don't believe that every single arc will be about 'Sonic vs. Eggman'.

Well, that all depends on how many new villains will appear later in the series, along with (hopefully) some familiar faces too. As far as the new continuity is concerned, there's a couple new villians who'll likely appear more in the future, such as Eclipse, and if you want to count the Sol Zone too, there's Captain Metal/Egg O' War/Wily Egg, Captain Whisker & his crew, and (again, hopefully) Eggman Nega. Also, if we're to count future events, the Deadly Six from Lost World could become recurring villains. (And I'm sure Ian would be able to give them actual personalities too.) With all that said, I don't believe that every single arc will be about 'Sonic vs. Eggman'.

We are focus on StH. Eclipse and Captain Metal Sonic - Oh I love these two characters, but they are in the Sonic Universe Sagas and as you can see the Pirate Plunder Panic was a seperated storyline from StH and there were no games in it. In the Shadow Fall saga the new story is built over the past in the games. Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Adventures 2 were in the background at Shadow's past. It is better when the new adventures are build on the storyline of the games.

We are focus on StH. Eclipse and Captain Metal Sonic - Oh I love these two characters, but they are in the Sonic Universe Sagas and as you can see the Pirate Plunder Panic was a seperated storyline from StH and there were no games in it. In the Shadow Fall saga the new story is built over the past in the games. Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic Adventures 2 were in the background at Shadow's past. It is better when the new adventures are build on the storyline of the games.

Just because they debuted in Universe doesn't mean that they can't play a big part in the main series. But I get what you mean. The problem is that we're still getting used to the new world, so things haven't exactly had the time to fully develop yet. Aside from the new characters that'll be introduced in 'Waves of Change', it's unlikely that we'll be seeing new villains until after the Unleashed arc. With that said, I also don't see them jumping from one game arc straight to the next (in this case, Unleashed to Lost World) without a breather arc, perhaps bringing back older enemies (such as Naugus).

Just because they debuted in Universe doesn't mean that they can't play a big part in the main series. But I get what you mean. The problem is that we're still getting used to the new world, so things haven't exactly had the time to fully develop yet.

Yeah so as I say its a vague argument now from me. I will see, but now I am really sceptical of what the new universe will bring in the future.

I hope for old enermies like Naugus or like Scourge. They are great characters and it would be too bad if Flynn doesn't use them.

Well I don't think either of them come under Pendersman's list (certainly not Naugus) so we could see them back. Just need to be patient with the series i guess

Scourge seems like he can't be used, but Naugus is completely safe and will be explored in the future.

Scourge or Anti-Sonic was before Penders. Well okay the transformation of Scourge was in Ken Penders hands, but the idea for a Anti-picture from the hero Sonic the Hedgehog was in the comics from 0-50.

I hope there will be the Anti Freedom Fighters. I really enjoy it, when they arrived Mobius Prime.

Scourge still seems like he can't be used based off what Ian has said.

Same would likely apply to Moebius. And the No Zone.

Scourge or Anti-Sonic was before Penders. Well okay the transformation of Scourge was in Ken Penders hands, but the idea for a Anti-picture from the hero Sonic the Hedgehog was in the comics from 0-50.

I hope there will be the Anti Freedom Fighters. I really enjoy it, when they arrived Mobius Prime.

Actually, it's the other way around; Anti-Sonic (along with most, if not all Anti-FFs) was created by Penders, and Scourge was born in Ian Flynn's first issue of the series, so the character of 'Scourge' is technically still Flynn's creation. Although, IF Scourge comes back he'd likely have a slightly different backstory.

Hello. New to the site... Just read Countdown to Chaos. I want to know if they'll include the werehog. You know... with Sonic getting steamed up in a few panels.

Given we're coming to an Unleashed adaption (and Sonic almost transforming 3 times) I suspect they will. But not yet (hopefully soon though. I really want to see it :D)

Given how much it's been hinted at I can't see how they can't include it now.

Yeah... I'm just really excited considering how Sonic Unleashed is one of my all time favourites. Stuck on Dark Gaia though...

I haven't even come close to finishing that game (the controls bugged me a little though. It could just be my controller isn't sensitive enough)

That said, I still enjoyed the whole concept, which is why I still want to see

Actually, it's the other way around; Anti-Sonic (along with most, if not all Anti-FFs) was created by Penders, and Scourge was born in Ian Flynn's first issue of the series, so the character of 'Scourge' is technically still Flynn's creation. Although, IF Scourge comes back he'd likely have a slightly different backstory.

Depending what the changes are to Scourge's backstory and how they are handled, would that really be all that of a bad thing? I do wonder if they would give him a slight redesign to match the changes to the designs of the freedom fighters. I do understand that he is supposed to be anti-Sonic but when my friends see me reading issues with Scourge they start going on about how even the comics have recolours. Which they do, or well, did but still.

Am I the only one around here who's excited to see Chip? :blink: Not that I like the lil' critter nor do I hate him, I just feel excited to see him. :D