Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

latest?cb=20121211232031

This is the general topic for discussing new and old issues of Sonic the Hedgehog comic series. Everything about it, not deserving its own topic, should go here, but feel free to create a separate one if you think something you want to discuss deserves it, or is not directly related to any of the series.

Edited by Shadow
Edited the post to include information about the topic
2 people like this

Dissapointment. This arc is suppose to go for 12 issues and 4 are gonna get wasted for Sonic vs Mega Man battle? Its not even very exciting battle.

I found it to be pretty awesome.

Dissapointment. This arc is suppose to go for 12 issues and 4 are gonna get wasted for Sonic vs Mega Man battle? Its not even very exciting battle.

Yeah I gotta admit I was hoping the fight would conclude in this issue =(

Oh yeah did anyone else catch that Sonic Jump homage ?

Oh yeah did anyone else catch that Sonic Jump homage ?

No, where? I cant find it.

No, where? I cant find it.

On page 11 when Sonic is running around Mega man, He does a pose similar to the Sonic Jump Icon/Title Screen.

sonic-jump-ios.jpg

Yeah, you've got a point. I think the issue is quite enjoyable but it takes so long and, as you've said, 4 comics on 1 battle is a waste, assuming that the trailer gave us alot of teasers which could easily make it to 12 comics alone.

And besides, if there's going to be a final battle against eggman and wily, bet that one's just going to take 1 comic. While that one would deserve 4 comics more if you ask me, but that would still be too much.

I don't know it looks interesting to me and besides they must be brainstorming for the main series so give us a megaman/sonic collision to help entertain us

I'm enjoying it so far, but I agree with several people above that the Sonic/Mega Man fight should not take another issue. However, the first two issues were more set-up than the actual fight, so if it gets resolved quickly it'll work.

Having said that, is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling someone doesn't like the Sonic cast? If something equally bad happens to the Mega Man cast (mass reprogramming virus maybe?) then I'll call it even.

I'm enjoying it so far, but I agree with several people above that the Sonic/Mega Man fight should not take another issue. However, the first two issues were more set-up than the actual fight, so if it gets resolved quickly it'll work.

Having said that, is it just me or does anyone else get the feeling someone doesn't like the Sonic cast? If something equally bad happens to the Mega Man cast (mass reprogramming virus maybe?) then I'll call it even.

Considering Flynn's infamy of being Sonic's writer, plus what I've read of the Megaman Comics, it's seems indeed like He prefers Megaman over Sonic.

Considering Flynn's infamy of being Sonic's writer, plus what I've read of the Megaman Comics, it's seems indeed like he prefers Megaman over Sonic.

I don't think so, Ian has said in the recent Sonic Talk interview #19 that he doesn't actually have a favorite but loves all of the comic books he's writing. Saying he doesn't get out of bed every morning telling himself "Ugh here we go, I'm not wanting to continue writing for this comic series", but rather he enjoys them all having grown up with them. No preferences.

In a matter of hours, MM #25 will be available! Watch as this battle draws to a close! Oh, and I hope they have the EFF variant, but I should lower my hopes.

In a matter of hours, MM #25 will be available! Watch as this battle draws to a close! Oh, and I hope they have the EFF variant, but I should lower my hopes.

Yeah......still nothing for a full 15 hours after your post.

Yeah......still nothing for a full 15 hours after your post.

Apparently you've never heard of patience. Anyways, the comic is online now folks!

I've tried to make this topic a litle more general, so all past and upcoming issues can be discussed here. Unfortunately, it's not possible to make another post the first one, so Shadow's post had to be edited to include topic's description. I hope he is not against of this. The same could possibly be made with Sonic Universe/Sonic X/etc.

What are your predictions for issue 252? (Read issues 219-247 of StH, issues 33-50 of SU, and the 2011 FCBD Special for info.)

What are your predictions for issue 252? (Read issues 219-247 of StH, issues 33-50 of SU, and the 2011 FCBD Special for info.)

I think we either find out where Bunnie has left to (My guess the DEL chapter with Beauregard Rabbot), find out what damage M.Sonic did to Antoine, Find out what that freaky Tails Doll is doing to Rotor and Co., Shard's damage and if he's going to be ok... Who knows?

What I think will happen in 252 is that Sonic helps Team Freedom with Tails Doll. And during that fight, the original freedom fighters return. That's how I view it.

Don't keep your hopes up. Odds are that the Robian Sally and Tails Doll problems will be replaced by something worse.

Of course there will be side effects to Genesis Wave, just like the last time, but but I cant predict what they will be. Perhaps they will cancel some previous effects, like Naugus insanity.

I have this thought: Since Team Fighters already teamed-up with Silver and Shard, maybe now they will meet Larry? Other SFF are unfortunately undisposable..

Sonic the Hedgehog #249 is now live guys!!

Here's my opinion on the comic itself.

Ha, you're joking. Seriously, why are the robotized masters derobotized so Darn fast, that isn't supposed to happen. Seriously, I want them to be more of a treat instead of standing there, being derobotized and everybody's happy again. And I really want to see the skills megaman actually learned from them. Sure, we saw the one from vector man but what about the others? Like the skill from Espio Man, would he turn invisible or throw ninja stars? Well, we don't know. And that's pretty meh.. Not too much of a fight either as I've said before, as Sonic is just keeping them busy till Megaman does the job. Oh and for pity's sake, why did Sonic grew this much ego? Sure, he always were a bit ego but this just tops it.

Well, there is one great thing about this comic though. I've spotted Snively :o! A non-videogamerelated character? That's how you do the job.

I didn't think that they would go that far to put Mega Man and Sonic together for and reason. Its kinda weird but i need to read it fully to understand why they wanted to go that direction.

Well, there are a lot of similarities between the two franchises.

thumb_252.jpg

And the comic #252 cover is now spotted too! And it looks pretty hot if you ask me.

Sonic the Hedgehog #252 will continue directly after the Worlds Collide series in September.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archie Description (spoilers)

At All Costs - Part 2 - SONIC IS BACK and facing the HUGE consequences of the mega-hit Sonic/Mega Man crossover story arc in "At All Costs" Part Two! As the crossover crashed to a close, Sonic and Tails have returned to a world which is reeling from the cataclysmic effects of the Eggman/Wily genesis wave! The damage was severe, the threats have changed, and the mysteries are piling up! What has happened to Naugus in this new landscape? What is the final fate of Sally Acorn? Sonic and Tails are ready to tackle all the drama ahead of them—but first they must survive the wrath of the terrifying Tails Doll! Featuring new cover art from Sonic artist superstar Ben Bates and a special "SEGA" Variant!

The cover for 252 just looks effortlessly incredible :) I think I'm more excited for that issue than the final Worlds Collide issue.

It has plagued me to find out what has happened to Sally and to discover the true evil behind the Tails Doll. I want to find out now! Why does it have to take so long for the issues to come out :(