Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

Also, will Nicole finally show us any new powers she has?

Well, I had a look back at the pictures, and had an idea about that:

The picture that shows the Freedom Fighters swooping down towards the train. All the Freedom Fighters are visible except for Nicole, Cream and Big. Except, Antoine is shown piloting a biplane with a similar purple colour scheme to Nicole. Could she either be or have created the biplane?

this new issue was a bit meh for me. it didnt really hype me up and it seemed too similar to the previous issue.

Well...258

Kinda...NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE...really I like the problems and the action and the cliffhangers more in the old universe. Now they are a team...but in only one issue they only chasing this train (!) to rescue Chuck and the professor.

I don't like this style: The problems are getting closer and there is a climax in this comic and then a lazy cliffhanger because we all know: The robot will loose (it would be a surprise if not).

In the old universe you have ALL THE TIME the action and you are eager with Sonic because the comic itself has many up and downs :/ Sorry Flynn but you can do it better like in Sonic Universe. There you have now 2 problems to handle: The bomb and Black Arms leader Black Death, so now there we have two things to handle and there isn't such this structive construction like in 258.

(My reaction is confusing...I know)

Well...

Unlike the two other's I did enjoy it and thought it was fun. But it wasn't really that special. Considering we're still at the start of the reboot, they might have wanted to go with something a little more... 'showy'.

So, my thoughts on Issue #258... Meh. It's nothing to write home about, and while it had some interesting moments, I felt that it was kinda repetitive. E-106 Eta has a cool design... but that's about it. Professor Pickle is his usual chef-criticising, cucumber-sandwich-centric self. But when the whole issue can be summed up as "Nope, not in this container." it just doesn't work for me. I'm interested in seeing how Part Two will play out, since it's bound to be more than just 'Sonic vs. Eta: Round 1'.

Oh, and the alternate endings begin next issue! (...Huzzah, I guess?)

[media=]

The trouble is now that the Introduction and Setup of this new world has been done, they really needed to to do something to grab our attention and go 'This Is Better Than Ever'. So far, they are nowhere near that goal.

I'll share my thoughts on this

Like others all over have said it's not the most interesting or shocking story, but so far I'm enjoying it. I see that like 257 The Chase shows off the Freedom Fighters' abilities in battle, rather then rescue. Seeing how Pickle behaved throughout left me unsurprised and I think that's a good thing, since we can get more sandwitch jokes out of him. Eta was a visual highlight for me. I loved how his design sort of looks like the link between earlier E-100s design and Omega's and those hydraulic arms look absolutely boss. I just hope we can hear some words from him, let alone personality. And just as a guess I think it's 50/50 whether he survives or not, but thinking about the slashed cast makes me think they can't afford to get rid of him now. The train from Rail Canyon was a nice touch (boy it brought back memories). Come to think of it, the greatest thing about this issue were the visuals. It's not just that either, from the adventurous action, to the lighthearted humour, this whole story felt very Sonic-ish. It wasn't perfect. Seeing how Nicole put up no fight makes me put into question whether she can fight at all. If that's the case, then why does she show off those holographic shields in 255's cover? Hopefully we can expect more from her in Light in the Dark. It's a good story, not the greatest, nor the most unexpected or surprising, but it's good. Plus that moment with Amy talking to herself really deserves a giggle.

I would write an essay, but I'm not that kind of guy.

My thoughts:I liked it very much.

I would write an essay, but I'm not that kind of guy.

My thoughts:I liked it very much.

Pretty much says it all for me.

I ain't got a problem with the issue, I enjoyed it.

It's that time again! Here are the covers and solicitations for the upcoming Issue #262:

1339702_ful.jpg1339701_ful.jpg

ARCHIE SONIC THE HEDGEHOG ISSUE #262: Catch some sun and ride the wave as the aquatic adventure continues in 'Waves of Change', Part 3! Sonic faces a city invasion by the ominous Dark Gaia Monsters! To make it even worse, the invasion is underwater - and Sonic can't swim! As the struggle turns desperate, will it be Amy's mission to find the key to saving them all, or will Sonic be left to drown? Then, in 'The Light in the Dark' Part 2, the Freedom Fighters find what they're looking for - but will their own divisions bring them down?

Featuring new cover art from Ben Bates and an extra-special 'monster movie' variant from artist T.REX!

...I want that variant. I will do everything in my power to get that variant! What are your thoughts, guys?

I think these are one of the best pairs of covers I've actually seen. I really love that variant cover. And the regular cover is pretty good too in my opinion

Am I forgetting something? Oh yeah, the story! Sounds good. Excited to see it

Can't wait to see how the story starts off.

Love the variant.

I can't wait for this. I read that in SU Chip will finally appear. I can't handle all this hype.

I'm with Nega in that variant. Why couldn't that after the credits thing happen for this issue! Anyway these are awesome (and somewhat eerie) covers, but the solicits give me a theory with the story. It says Sonic is at risk of drowning, what if the others can't save him and he washes up (werehog and all) somewhere and meets Chip?

Considering Chip looks like he's appearing in SU and is being chased by the Chaotix and Team Hooligan, I doubt it. It's still possible but they wouldn't really be happening at the same time if it is the case. We'll have to see. I'm really excited for this. It looks like it's gonna be great

I wish the smooth artwork from Sonic The Hedgehog issues 168-247 returned for the current issues. It made the characters look older and just overall cooler.

Issue 258 seemed nice and all, but the writer took to long to explain a point. I love the idea and all, but they need to step the action up a little.

I have to say when I first heard about this train chase story, I was a little underwhelmed by it, but reading this whole short arc made me so wrong! It was a really joyful read and it's nice to see that Axel will play a bigger role later on. Overall this was probably one of the most Sonic-y feeling stories I've read. Also an interesting note, Yardley did pencil layouts for 259 again. Interesting to see another artist combo again.

1 person likes this

Just finished reading Issue #259 (minus the alternate ending), so here are my initial thoughts:

it was pretty good. The fight between Sonic and Eta was at least interesting, and I still got a kick out of the humour. Professor Pickle shows us that he isn't entirely cucumber-sandwich-focused, giving the heroes the knowledge he has of the Gaia Temples. We get yet another Werehog teaser, and now Chuck's getting pretty worried. I was kinda surprised that Sonic isn't even telling Sally about the incident. But now Eggman has the manuscripts, and (in the main ending at least) it seems as though Axel's base is one of the Temples. Overall, I found it to be a fun two-parter, but I'll be interested to see how things go for the Freedom Fighters in the next arc.

1 person likes this

Um, I'm sliightly dissapointed. I sorta expected fight with Eta to last longer. Maybe, you know we could see how Nicole's powers work. It really sucks that everybody got issue all for themselfes, and she gets zilch. Besides one thing bothered me: Sonic made a joke about Eta changing side, like Gamma or Omega did. You know, just like Nicole did in previous issue? If Flynn is just going to retread the same tracks over and over, then I vote for no more callbacks to video games.

My thoughts

I was surprised. It was a good issue

The battle with Eta didn't last the whole issue but at least Sonic didn't beat it easily. Even with the cavalry coming in, they still weren't able to destroy him and he seemed functional when they left

Once again, we have another brief moment of the werehog coming, this time it seemed more powerful than the other two. Sir Charles' explanations bringing up the danger Sonic could be in having a part of dark Gaia inside of him was a nice touch. And of course, there's still Doctor Eggman to worry about. Especially since he has everything that Sir Charles and Professor Pickle had researched

The alternate ending, yeah. I kind of expect that information to be given anyway without having to have an alternate ending

Yeah, overall it was a good issue. And I enjoyed it

I thought it was an okay issue.

I espically liked the off panel it was funny.

I agree with you, Dylan. I enjoyed the back-story on Dark Gaea and liked the "Off-Panel" as well.

Well, this ending gives much to expect on the next arc....

If you guys read the fan letter in this issue, we got some information as to the character that will be in the SU arc, maybe will see some of the 'missing' characters appear in the arc and the future ones, lets just hope for the best on this.