Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

I came across Archie's Sonic while reading Mega Man, so I feel like a stranger in a strange land.

Let me if I get this straight, with Countdown to Chaos began the reboot of the comic, and from 257 onwards is the new sonic world. All the previous storylines and some characters under dispute have disappeared, right?

To be fair, I wasn't expect the comic to be this good. I'm pleasantly surprised. I always heard awful things from the Sonic franchise and its fanbase (no offense to you, I what I heard).

At the beginning I didn't get is why some people got so emotional over the reboot, for me it looks great. On a second thought I guess that if you spent years with a comic, warming up to its characters, and then they are erased from one day to the other because of SOMEONE, well, I guess is natural feeling a bit flustered.

Sorry if my English is not the best you ever read, it's not my native language.

Edited by Joe

You've pretty well summed up the reboot, and the reason many people don't like the reboot. About 10 years of comic story being wiped away in a single stroke.

As for the fan-base being negative about the comic (and everything else) in general... well... that's just kinda the Sonic fanbase. And the negative guys tend to be the loudest.

You seem to grasp things quite well, and yes Sonic fanbase can be a little crazy. This forum is peaceful though.

And your English doesn't seem to be worse that mine. (I'm not a native speaker, either.)

I only started reading the comics a little over a year ago. But it still annoys me to see so much history taken by you know who. So many favourite characters lost to the Pendersman. The reboot is still good but nothing can fill the gap some of the characters left

Yeah, the part of the fanbase who voice their opinions to the max are the ones people normally see and hate. But there are many who are quieter too

Another thing I've noticed is people being worried about a character named Omochao, can some tell me why its appearance is a bad thing...Or not?

He is a very annoying character in the games. Basically the tutorial advice-dispensing character. But given his voice and tendency to state the obvious he tends to draw some ire.

Some people are acting as if their parents were murdered and their homes set on fire.

I find such reactions amusing, in a morbid sort of way.

You are so right. then again, some of us were considering these character as here for at least a long while before at least having a form of closure.

Like Jango Fett from Star Wars, he had promise.

At least his legacy was carried on by Boba Fett but then he died.

Funny, I know nothing about Star Wars, except its fans hate it but keep buying the blue-rays.

I always thought it was more that they hate the prequels (though I enjoyed Episode III enough), and praise the originals (namely Episode V). But on the topic of Sonic, I'm on a reletively similar boat to you, Joe; I started reading quite a ways into the comic (roughly Issue #220) so I'm not as attached to some characters as others. However, the reboot has sadly affected a lot of readers, but thankfully many of them (and I'm sure everyone here) have taken it well, so it's not all bad news.

Anyway, welcome to the world of Archie's Sonic The Hedgehog, Joe. Enjoy your stay here, as we're headed straight towards a loose adaptation of Sonic Unleashed.

Yes, I hope this means the adaptation of the best Sonic game will follow, of course I'm talking of Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine.

I can't see that happening since it was made so long ago with Robotnik instead of Eggman. They're more likely to do adaptions of the modern games

I was joking.

Oh, I remember reading people om message boards discussing passionatelky if the main villain was Robotnik or Eggman.

Edited by Joe

It used to be Robotnik, but for all intensive purposes it's now (and always will be) Eggman. Also, if you're wondering which game stories have happened (and thus, won't get any adaptations now), basically every game except for Unleashed, Lost World (the most recent game) and Sonic Chronicles, but that last one is for... other reasons.

Time for STH #258's spoiler pics! :D

3005hd2.jpg

qph189.jpg

ayvgo7.jpg

epituc.jpg

m4gvo.jpg

whllyv.jpg

2n87qlc.jpg

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa... Ben Bates ALSO drew the variant?! Or am I thinking of the wrong variant? Still wondering when he'll do the normal pencils again...

Edited by Pearl98

Looks interesting indeed. (I like the look of E-106 Eta especially.) Looking forward to this issue's release.

Time for STH #258's spoiler pics! :D

Whoa! Where do you get the issue so fast? O.o

ha ha,no,I don't have the issue, I got the spoiler pics from Sonic Stadium Boards

ha ha,no,I don't have the issue, I got the spoiler pics from Sonic Stadium Boards

Pfffff :P Cheater

That off panel... Is that

Mama Robotnik from AOSTH? :blink:

Still, I have to say, it's looking pretty good. I'm excited to see it

Why do I keep thinking Eta has a wood burning stove in its chest?

Because it looks like a stove. I was hit hard with nostalgia seeing those scorpions badniks, those are the ones you find in Sandopolis, at least in Sonic & Knuckles, my first Sonic game.

I can't wait to read this issue, sounds great.

I remember seeing people saying The Chase sounded a bit boring, but that's just not a word to use for this story as to what I've seen. Also, will Nicole finally show us any new powers she has?