Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

Omochao? He shouldn't be here unless they're planning to destroy him quickly. I get h was in an earlier comic but his appearance was brief and didn't cause much difference in the comics. The fact they're introducing him is a worrying sight

Actually, I'm pretty cool with Omachao becoming apart of the team. As long as he doesn't bag the others on what to do, then I'll be fine with him :P

Or even better, he DOES bag the team on what to do, and the team in response swats him at a wall like a fly, and he gets some form of harm unto himself. I'm sure by now, Ian knows about Omochao's reputation among Sonic fans. Poor readers will probably think Ian's trolling them with this. XD

But like Hypermetal, I'm also cool with Omochao being a part of this. I have a high tolerance for characters like him.

I would love to see him nag Knuckles if he does have a habit of nagging people.

I also don't have a promblem with the little robochao.

How come It took me this long to realize that the Sonic The Hedgehog comic arks make 1 awesome giant image when put side by side

classic_sonic_facepalm_by_ikuntyphoon-d5qpsm7.png

Time to sum up 257.

Although a one off story, it was certainly paced perfectly. I like to see this as a test drive story for the Freedom Fighters, a way in which they show off what they can do as a team. Stanley's art provided some great scenes and a crud ton of easter eggs. Some panels looked a bit off, but that's just me. Interesting how Sally sort of takes command in a sort of Star Trek Captain on the Sky Patrol. I like it, but I don't think it should be a common thing for her to do. Another thing to note is how relieved I was at how NICOLE went all "You are NOT turning into that emotional bomb again!" on her. Clearly she's read 134 :P Reforming Team Freedom and Team Fighters was a positive note, but I'm glad they'll shift the team around a little. Also, as a lover of little things, I loved how Max (or is it King Acorn now?) said "Smashing idea". I could so easily imagine Tim Curry saying it! We even get to see more signs of the Werehog coming into play. I'm actually looking forward to that, and I'm calling it now, mostly because I want to see it happen. When Mighty appears again, it would be awesome to see him fight the Werehog. Epic would be written all over it. Overall, this was a solid story, that even introduced one of the coolest things I've seen from the GUN toy box. That flying aircraft carrier thing was just magnificent.

Looks like it's Unleashed, Dark Gaia. Sonic also showed some sign of werehog. Chip is going to be there for sure. Still it's not going to be better than X's debut in Megaman comic.

So....

While good, did anyone else feel this story was a bit too wordy? It felt like half the space on each page was word balloons (over exaggeration, I know).

GUN now has a flying aircraft carrier? I suppose they are the go to for 'high tech military in fiction' these days. Well, either they're ripping of the Marvel Universe, but personally I'm just gonna hum the Captain Scarlet theme whenever it appears!

And finally, that off-panel, was it also a dig at Sonic Boom I wonder...

Well, well...

In this issue I really realised: The Crossover changed everything.

And I have to accustom the new universe, because it's kinda confusing me, that we have now a city with mobians and humans and everything is on a high-techno-level. Are we now have a crossover with marvel or Matrix?!

THANKS to NICOLE, hat Sally isn't reacting like Bella in Twilight (sorry for twilightfans here) with her "I have the responsibility" and "I was Mecha Sally OMG can the Freedom Fighters forgive me?" -> Urgs...Sally will never be my favourite character, if she ends up like a overreacted fangirl or something.

BEST of the issue: I live the new Eggmandesign, because his faceexpressions are shown more intensive and the backgrounds of the desaster are painted in more detail.

Skye Prower: Yeah...bubbels of word balloons everywhere!

Edited by Centaur Man

*Points up to the video I posted last time.*

You see, this is what I was talking about when it came to Cynics. Ignore them and they'll eventually look like idiots. And yes, once again I am referring to myself.

Now regarding the comic itself. ...I actually have little to say about it. It's what I expected in an Apocalyptic scenario. The introduction of Omochao appeared to be quite harmless since it seems he can't even speak, the fact the area they were in was Station Square, and actually LOOKED like Station Square just felt really weird yet nostalgic in a way for me. I have no comment on Sally's moping during this, since it IS understandable. I should note that apparently in this world, Humans and Mobians live in harmony as shown by the fact that the citizen evacuating from Twinkle Park was half-and-half. ...On that note, we have Big being Big...but is still ultimately helpful, and what do you know? The military's rushing to the rescue, hurrah for that.

It also seems are theory of it being about Sonic Unleashed was right on the dot. ...Though it appears to be remaking the actual game's story, rather than sequelizing it. I find this quite odd, considering how Sonic Unleashed was shown once before in the past as a side-story. Makes me wonder if that's going to be what Ian will be doing as plot lines for the time being until he can gain a foothold on this whole situation.

But yeah, Sorry for it being so small this time, but...I honestly got little to say on this one. Oh but I do think it's pretty good for what it is.

7/10

Quote of the Month: "Bring that up one more time, and I'll hollow you out into matching soup and salad bowls!"

(I'm beginning to really like Eggman. So far he has two quote of the months in a row with his two bots.)

Alright, here are my thoughts on Issue #257:

It was a decent story, in my opinion. Seeing the FF working as a team (or teams, I guess) for the first time in ages is wonderful, and even Big is once again showing that he isn't useless. As for Sally's emotional talk, like The Jest said above, it makes sense given what she recently discovered, but personally it's good to know that it won't last forever... I'll explain more in a second. G.U.N.'s new Helicarrier vessel is a sight to behold, and it's interesting to see some new faces in the group. And yes, Team Dark are doing their part to save the world... well, most of Team Dark, anyway. As always, Eggman is great to watch, especially with Orbot ONCE AGAIN reminding him of his mistake. Needless to say, it's now become a MAJOR annoyance to him. I'm definately looking forward to 'The Chase', and to seeing E-107 Eta.

I'm personally getting the feeling that the upcoming/ongoing 'World Adventure' arc (I prefer to call it that) will probably be similar to the original comic's Adventure arc; same/similar story, characters and events from the game (albeit with a different cause of the world breaking apart) but with the comic's characters, locations and more inserted into the mix. (Oh, and some Universe side-stories to go along with it too, of course.) But we'll just have to wait and see if that really is the case. Now, one other thing I'd like to point out is the constant theme I found in this issue: Irriversability. Yes, the old world is gone forever, and I'm fine with that. However, notice when Tails is telling Sonic that they all might forget their old memories down the line. Sonic reassures him, but you can tell even Sonic is unsure about it. Now, I'm not going to have a big hissy-fit over the loss of the last 243 issues' continuity (not counting the Genesis or WC issues), and if/when the FF lose their old memories, that's fine by me as long as Ian Flynn continues to make entertaining and exciting stories. But I can understand why anyone here or anywhere would be upset by this revelation.

On the bright side, Gemerl is now confirmed to be in the new continuity. All I can say is...

I might give more details later, but I really enjoyed this issue. Seeing all the freedom fighters together again was nice to see as well

"E-107 Eta" ?

Shouldnt that be E-106 Eta or E-107 Theta?

It's E106 Eta. E107 Theta was originally going to be the robot's name, but it turned out that he'd already mentioned such a thing in the Light Mobius future and he didn't want to allude to concepts from those future storylines. So it was changed.

Hey guys! Just thought I'd show you all this quote from Ian Flynn himself, about the question of "Is this going to be a sequel to Sonic Unleashed, or an adaptation?"

Thus far, three games haven't happened in the new continuity:

- Sonic Unleashed

- Sonic Lost World

- Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood

Why not Sonic Unleashed?

It will become more clear once "The Chase" is done (STH#258-259), but suffice to say, if Unleashed had already happened, a lot of the tension and mystery of the "Shattered World Crisis" would be lost.

Why not Sonic Lost World?

Going forward, I'd really like to keep to the order of the games. Thankfully, the games after Shadow are fairly self-contained, allowing me to "wait" on doing Unleashed until now.

Why not Sonic Chronicles?

Mr. Penders. I'm not sweating it at the moment, though, since Chronicles is supposed to take place a few years after the main timeline anyway. We have plenty of stories to tell until then.

Hope that clears up a majority of questions about the arc for now. It is indeed what I thought it would be: an adaptation of the game with the comic elements mixed in.

So in other words, it's basically confirmed at this point that it's a Sonic Unleashed Adaptation.

...I'm ok with this. In a way, it's just like the good old days. ^_^ Plus, that means Chip may actually come back for this after all.

Hopefully it will be less of a cut-and-paste adaption like the Sonic Adventure one was. Given what you could do with the concept alone, it has potential for some interesting developments.

Hey, I found the info to issue 261

Sonic261.jpgSonic261var.jpg

'Waves of Change,' Part Two! Sonic, Amy, and Rotor - in the deep sea and in deeper trouble! When their new friend Coral has run afoul of her government, will Sonic and the Freedom Fighters stand by her side? Or will they risk becoming fugitives? Then, in 'The Light in the Dark,' Sally's simple raiding plans take a turn for the worse! Featuring new cover art from Sonic superstar Ben Bates and a hilarious new 'Is it Summer Yet??' Variant cover by Tracy Yardley! and Matt Herms!

Oh hey, thanks for that Dylan. I'd been meaning to get around to posting the solicits and covers (and the Universe ones, thanks for that too), but personal matters got in the way. Anyway, I'm interested to learn about the new characters, as I don't think we've seen many aquatic Mobians before (unless you count Akhlut's pod).

Well, at least the comic is getting into the style of the season one way or another!

Wait, if there already are the covers for 261, what happened with 258? Did I miss something or it's the way they number issues.

Sorry for appearing out of the blue. But I have started to read this comic a couple of days ago and is still a bit confusing.

The covers are shown ahead of the comics release date. So don't worry, you haven't missed anything.

The cover for issue 258 was released ages ago and its shown earlier on in this thread

If you need anyone to explain anything you find confusing, you can ask us. We're quite a friendly community