Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

I know exactly what you mean SkulkBane. You won't believe the amount of negative Nancy's I've encountered around other Sonic forums.

Also, good review Jest ;) I pretty much agree with it all, and I guess you're right. Flynn might have just wanted t blow up the world as a way to get rid his inner rage for all we know.

Edited by HyperMetal50

I know exactly what you mean SkulkBane. You won't believe the amount of negative Nancy's I've encountered around other Sonic forums.

Also, good review Jest ;) I pretty much agree with it all, and I guess you're right. Flynn might have just wanted t blow up the world as a way to get rid his inner rage for all we know.

I think he was referring specifically to me. But thanks, Hyper. ^_^

That being said though: Personally, I find Cynics to be like trolls. In that the best way to deal with them, is ignore them. In fact, Ignorance is actually better I believe with Cynics than with trolls. A troll if ignored will just mosey on his or her next victim when ignored. If a story-cynic is ignored, they'll wait and see if what they say holds up and if it doesn't, guess who looks like the idiot?

Yes, I also refer to myself when I say this, MSB. Better to just let the cynics be cynics and watch their ego burn to the ground when they're proven wrong, then go for hostility and give them the chance to inflate their stubborn egos. Not to mention, and this speaking personally, I'm not one to deal with hostility very well, which is why I rarely say anything on this side of the forums, over the fear of P*ssing someone off, ...like yourself.

But yeah, I honestly forgot about Big in that regard, and I suppose if it's just the freedom fighters, I suppose she wouldn't count anyways.

Also, for the record, I actually like Flynn as a writer. ...Not at first I'll admit when I first introduced to him. I didn't get a good first impression of him when I was introduced to him, specifically because the person who introduced me to him, didn't like him himself. But giving him a chance despite that, I do think Ian is a good writer. In fact, I don't recall saying anything about his talent as a writer in the review. ...Maybe I mentioned my opinion of him, I have horrible memory so I don't necessarily remember if I did or not. But I do think he's good. Also...

Mobius/Earth/Sonic's World/whatever not gonna die and more importantly Muttski not gonna die.

The last panel and explanation of 256 says otherwise there, in terms of that first statement. But who can say for sure. I'm simply telling how I see it, and it's not hard to see why I see it that way. Could I be wrong? Yes, most certainly. Hence why I said I was looking forward to seeing more of this world if Ian doesn't blow it to kingdom come. He's probably P*ssed, yes, but I don't expect him to up and rage-quit. I don't think he'll be as childish as to go "Everyone dies, the end." Maybe this is his sequelization of Sonic Unleashed like he's doing for Sonic Universe with Shadow the Hedgehog. (In which case means the possibility of seeing Chip and Dark Gaia, YAY! :D)

What I DO expect though, is that something's gotta give. You can't have something as big as a freaking Apocalypse plot, and not have ANY repercussions from it. Which is why this kind of scenario seems so odd in my mind, because of just how early on they're doing it.

I do believe that somebody is getting axed, or at the very least incapacitated somehow or someway. But you're right and I already knew that, chances are it's not Muttski, if only because he's practically a new character and therefore it'd be a waste if he died so soon. It was a joke, ...well, kind of, as there was a part of me that considered the possibility anyways.

But yeah, I apologized if what I said offended you, MSB. I assure you that was not my intention. It was simply me, saying what was on my mind. Now you see why I don't do that often. :/

I don't mind the Cynics too much, I just don't like it when they go on about their negative vibes about things. And you're hearing this from a guy who's the most laid back in his family ;) I just sort of prefer speaking with fans on the positive things rather than the bad (unless it's stuff that's so bad it's funny). Overall on the thought of this Unleashed adaption, I'm still a little convinced it's because there's going to be another Unleashed game, like Iizuka himself had talked about making one day.

Edited by HyperMetal50

I'm still a little convinced it's because there's going to be another Unleashed game, like Iizuka himself had talked about making one day.

I'm still skeptical on a few things that Iizuka has said in the past, especially last year where he said, among other things: Hyper Sonic doesn't exist, the broken part of the moon is nearly never facing Mobius/Earth/Sonic's World, and that he wants to try and incorporate the Wisps into most, if not all future games... Yeah, no thanks Iizuka.

Well, I can't say I'd want the Wisps in every game. That's just a gimmick that's past its time. Although, I must say it sure is taking a while for an Unleashed "sequel" to be released.

This sums things up for me

The wisps: They had purpose in Sonic Colours, sure. But putting them in every game just seems wrong. We've seen them, move on if there is no real purpose for their return

Unleashed sequel: Sounds good to me. I'll be interested to see how they'd set up the sequel considering how things went in the original

The naming of Sonic's world: I don't care what anyone says. Sonic's planet is called Mobius. I refuse to call it anything other than that

The naming of Sonic's world: I don't care what anyone says. Sonic's planet is called Mobius. I refuse to call it anything other than that

Was it changed after Worlds Collide? O.o

Why would Ian Flynn do that?

Flynn said it was because he wasn't allowed to use it anymore. Thank you Sega.

Flynn said it was because he wasn't allowed to use it anymore. Thank you Sega.

And what else too (thanks to SEGA -.-")?

Well, all I know is that Sonic is pretty much single for all Sega cares, he can't be too much of a cry baby (I'm actually OK with that one) and no family members for the Sega characters, save Cream.

And it seems Sonic still has his Uncle Chuck

And for the Secret Freedom Fighters Elias, Leena and Lyco are gone right?

I think they are characters from Penders.

Here's my strategy: I'm assumign all comic book characters are gone with few exceptions (Hood, Bow). If I'm right at least I wont spend next months worrying and guessing. If I'm wrong I'll be pleasently suprized.

That's actually a pretty good strategy. it probably will be easier to count the characters that are still available than the ones which aren't any longer

From what I can see. Most of Ian's characters that he created are in the safe pile, while the ones created by former writers are under question. So for now I'm just going to use MSB's strategy to stop myself any further irritation at what's going on.

Will just have to wait till the comic progresses some more.

Hmm... is it me, or does that Egg mech look remarkably similar to one of the Sonic Spinball bosses? (Nightmare-ish face and everything.) Also, Mega Man X... YES!

I am so eager to read issue 257!!! They totally left me clueless of what's going to happen next and I am so up for it! I also love, love, LOVE Sally's new look! And Nicole's too. They look awesome! Can't-wait-too-READ!!!

Edited by Nura

At least the delay for 256 will make the wait for this issue seem shorter. Believe me, this is what one guy said:

"A one week wait? A one week wait!? KILL EVERYBODY! SPARE NO ONE!!!"

Almost makes us forget that the original waiting time between the two issues was six weeks.

Previews for 257:

Link

NOOOOOO Ian Flynn bring Omochao back! I wish this crazy helping bot would be never in the comics x/

If you think about it Omachao has already made an appearence in the comics.

I forget which issue, but it's when a chao followed sonic home and was adopted by Sonic's father Jules and took his robotic traits. That being Omachao's first appearence.

Sonic the Hedgehog 173-174

Fun Fact: Flynn stated that all elements of Satam that made it into this continuity will be at least mentioned by the end of Shadow Fall.