Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

OK I Saw STH#255 and.... OK I'm not saying Jerry Gaylord is bad penciler (I can't even draw a circle) but.... he's not good in drawing our heroes. It's not bad like Ron Lim awfull drawing (See STH#114 first story), but it wasn't good either. So I hope that he no draw another story (with no offence).

OBJECTION ! Rodent was in one of the sonic games. Can't remember which one, but it was on game gear.

OK I Saw STH#255 and.... OK I'm not saying Jerry Gaylord is bad penciler (I can't even draw a circle) but.... he's not good in drawing our heroes. It's not bad like Ron Lim awfull drawing (See STH#114 first story), but it wasn't good either. So I hope that he no draw another story (with no offence).

I agree with that. I have to say, it is kinda surprising that they'd put out some less... polished artwork out at this time, when there is already issues with the redesigned of everyone. You'd think they'd try and have the artwork top notch until everyone is used to the new look.

I could barely get past how it looked. I really didn't like the way they were all drawn. The only positive I can give on it, is that it's better than my drawing

In terms of the issue, I don't have much to say about it, aside from this being the most disappointing issue in the reboot so far. And that isn't just because of the penciling

OBJECTION ! Rodent was in one of the sonic games. Can't remember which one, but it was on game gear.

?? What could possibly Renfield T. Rodent do in Sonic game? He doesnt even look like a SEGA character.

You sure you're not talking about Hip and Hop? Kangaroos from Sonic Spinball?

I could barely get past how it looked. I really didn't like the way they were all drawn. The only positive I can give on it, is that it's better than my drawing

In terms of the issue, I don't have much to say about it, aside from this being the most disappointing issue in the reboot so far. And that isn't just because of the penciling

I don't really like complaining about artwork because even the worst Sonic comic artwork is 4.4 million times better then mine ever would be, but the pencils for this one just lead to disappointment for me.

I don't really like complaining about artwork because even the worst Sonic comic artwork is 4.4 million times better then mine ever would be, but the pencils for this one just lead to disappointment for me.

While I can understand that it can seem petty, it is worth remembering that the artists for the comic are drawing as a job. You can complain if you say... buy a console or a toaster and it wasn't built properly, or if you pay anyone for a service and they do an inferior job. Even if you yourself couldn't do said job.

I guess I kind of looked wrong . Reinfield isn't in a sonic game . Which is a good thing .

Not really a character I'm going to miss.

Not like Harry, Or striker . Those two dinguos were interesting.

I totally agree with you. Let's hope they pull up in the next issue.

I'm in the majority on this one, this issue was quite disappointing. Not to say it was terrible, but none of the events really caught my interest, even the Metropolis Zone part. Would've been cool to see some Slicers in there, but I digress. And the artwork didn't help, either. Sometimes it was okay, but other times... not so much. (Then again, I pity the guy's surname more than his artwork.) Also, am I the only one who'd like to have seen Eggman drinking something, then spit it out when he saw Sally?

1 person likes this

It would be funny to see eggman spit his drink out when he saw sally not a robot anymore.

I'm in the majority on this one, this issue was quite disappointing. Not to say it was terrible, but none of the events really caught my interest, even the Metropolis Zone part. Would've been cool to see some Slicers in there, but I digress. And the artwork didn't help, either. Sometimes it was okay, but other times... not so much. (Then again, I pity the guy's surname more than his artwork.) Also, am I the only one who'd like to have seen Eggman drinking something, then spit it out when he saw Sally?

You're not the only one. If this comic was a cartoon, that would definitely happen.

I didn't like that artwork much and the story was not very interesting too. I hope the last count down to chaos comic would be better than this one.

I am so glad they came up with new outfits for the old characters in the Archie comics. Sally looks really nice and so does Nicole.

Well, I guess I'll share my whole thoughts on this

To start off on story, I'd say it was competent. There was a higher amount of action compared to 253 and 254, but you know what? I actually preferred the understated action in the previous parts to this one. Although I did find it really great to see Bunnie again (one of my favourite characters in case you never knew) and I loved seeing her awesome abilities being tested out so quickly. There was certainly some emotional hammer blows at the end, but when you get down to it, the story just does the old get-the-shield-generator plot device, which has been used so many times in all media. However I forgive the lukewarm story when comparing it to the pencils. I know Jerry Gaylord (I sure feel sorry for him) must have some great work, but this isn't an example. Hopefully he can get better at it, but I wish they tested him out for an issue other then one of such an important arc. Plus, they made Tundra (whom I'm sure many theorise to be Rotor's dad) look so much like Eggman (who by the way looks like a amalgam of his regular appearance and his Sonic '06 appearance in this issue) and they never made any joke or funny face about it? Any who, the story was reasonable, just not something brag about and the pencils have nearly killed this arc's potential to be one of my biggest favourites. I can only hope Yardley can save the day with the next issue's pencils and the story actually gets to something as shocking as they've been making it out to be.

Edited by HyperMetal50

i like the other artist better than the one who is doing Sonic The Hedgehog comic 255

I must say I agree that the artwork in STH #255 was impotent compared to Tracy Yardley! or Ben Bates. I have seen some fan works that look more presentable, and I myself could draw better although I might be a bit rusty (I'll resume my art classes next year. Finally!)

About the characters who left, I kind off still cannot put how the new stories will curve around so many previous stories that have integrated or affected the main characters. Looks like time and Ian's creativity will show us.

Well, he'll get better eventually, and Yardley'll pick up the pieces for the next one.

Well guys, it's that time of year again! (No, Christmas is later.) Anyway, here are the covers and solicitation for Sonic Issue #259 (The Chase Part 2):

Sonic259-1040x1600-610x938.jpgSonic259var-1040x1600-610x938.jpg

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #259

The brand new world of Sonic the Hedgehog barrels ahead at breakneck speed with "The Chase" Part Two: Sonic fights for his life against a NEW terrifying super-badnik! Just to make matters worse, they're battling on an out-of-control train! With Dr. Eggman waiting at the depot, Sonic's in a fight against time – and killer robots! Featuring high-speed cover art from Sonic artist supreme TRACY YARDLEY! plus an exclusive SEGA game art variant!

I'll be honest. Both the story and main cover seem to be a bit too... basic. At least, that's what I think. What are your thoughts, guys?

Hmm. Could be they're playing it safe, and going for a basic plot to continue to get everyone used to the new continuity?

The Sega cover's a bit boring, but the Yardley cover is a real head turner. It's quite different to his usual style. Anyone thinks it reminds you of 252's cover? As for the story, it does sound basic, but the solicits can leave out plenty of details, or get it wrong entirely.

Tracy says it's one of his favorites.

Get ready for the 700th post!

Edited by BlueBlur62391

Having read all the Archie Sonic and extensions in less than half a year, I find it a bit difficult to get used to the dramatic change. Let's hope the Archie Sonic Team doesn't disillusion our expectations.

Tracy's art awesome as always; I was very impress when seeing his improvement as the comics progressed (from Sonic X and STH #160 to date), so I'm expecting the same for Jerry.

So this new arc will be Sonic just chasing a train? How boring. Hopefully it will go beyond my expectations because the solicits always have wrong information, they need to come up with better plots. The SEGA variant covers have been terrible from the beginning, this is such a good example.

The style for the main cover is kinda cool but it isn't as interesting as the pervious one, they should always make covers that get fans hyped up with good action and relates to the story of the arc. Better than Gerg Horn's bland covers though.