Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

Welp, looks like HyperMetal50 beat me to the covers for the next Sonic issue(s), though I think it'd be better to put the Universe ones in the other topic. Anyway...

Here's the official solicitation for Sonic The Hedgehog Issue #258, which begins the next major story arc (The Chase):

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #258

(W) Ian Flynn (A) Evan Stanley & Various (CA) Rafa Knight

The Shattered World Crisis continues! 'The Chase' Part One: Uncle Chuck and Professor Pickle - captured by the nefarious Dr. Eggman! It's up to Sonic and the Freedom Fighters to secure the precious kidnapped cargo from the Egg Train! Featuring a special CGI 'Return of Princess Sally' variant cover by Rafa Knight!

As an added bonus, here's the solicitation for the next Sonic (Super-Sized) Super Digest:

SONIC SUPER-SIZED SUPER DIGEST #6

(W/A) Various (CA) Rafa Knight

It's a special super-sized edition of the Sonic Super digest! Sonic the Hedgehog's adventures are now available in the popular digest format, but that's just not enough Sonic for all you hungry Sonic fans out there! By popular demand, get ready for a super-sized issue filled with even more Sonic the Hedgehog goodness, stretching back to the beginning of the comics' 20 year history! Can Sonic and the heroic Freedom Fighters save the world from the evils of Dr. Robotnik? Discover all the thrills, chills and spills for yourself with classic Sonic comics as only Sonic Super Digest can provide!

Also, apparently there was a bit of a mix-up in the solicit for Issue 258. Originally, it mentioned that E-107 Theta (yeah, that one) was gonna appear in the issue, but an update from Archie's own John Gray (aka 'Dub') confirmed that he isn't in the issue at all, and there aren't any connections to 'X Years Later' in there either.

...But that doesn't say that he might not be in a later issue...

Professor Pickle? Now we're really getting to an Unleashed adaption here

Welp, looks like HyperMetal50 beat me to the covers for the next Sonic issue(s), though I think it'd be better to put the Universe ones in the other topic. Anyway...

Here's the official solicitation for Sonic The Hedgehog Issue #258, which begins the next major story arc (The Chase):

As an added bonus, here's the solicitation for the next Sonic (Super-Sized) Super Digest:

Also, apparently there was a bit of a mix-up in the solicit for Issue 258. Originally, it mentioned that E-107 Theta (yeah, that one) was gonna appear in the issue, but an update from Archie's own John Gray (aka 'Dub') confirmed that he isn't in the issue at all, and there aren't any connections to 'X Years Later' in there either.

...But that doesn't say that he might not be in a later issue...

I think you should have beaten me to it. I didn't bother to put in the solicits :wacko: Sort of sad we won't see Theta, but still it only adds to the mystery.

Edited by HyperMetal50

Spoiler art for the next issue:

I knew it was next issue because of the gears in the Metropolis Zone.

Spoiler art for the next issue:

I knew it was next issue because of the gears in the Metropolis Zone.

Not the biggest of revealing spoilers, but still thanks for sharing it :)

Y'welcome. I know the next issue will have some action in it! And Bunnie'll tell them where she was…wait, doesn't everyone know where she was due to SU #49?

What will the big surprise be next time? We already have a new Muttski.

Y'welcome. I know the next issue will have some action in it! And Bunnie'll tell them where she was…wait, doesn't everyone know where she was due to SU #49?

What will the big surprise be next time? We already have a new Muttski.

After seeing what they did to Muttski, I now feel clueless as to what's going to happen next. As for Bunnie, we know before the crossover she was hiding out at Dark Legion Chapter in the desert (most likely to have cybernetics again). However, I get the feeling that probably won't have happened at all in this new world.

She'll tell them everything once she gets NICOLE'd.

This is just an idea that's been forming in my head for a while now, but I feel as though I might be on to something. Let me start off at the beginning: So if you had been following the Sonic the Hedgehog comic storyline, you would know that Eggman had mucked everything up in #251 when he interruped Sonic while he tried to change everything back to normal. As a result, an alternate reality was created. Now this new reality and storyline gives the people over at Archie a lot of room for creativity, and what I think they are headed toward is something similar to the Sonic Unleashed storyline. I might be wrong, but there is some suggestion with the earth cracked and glowing purple at the very end of #253, and the way Sonic looked after he inhaled that mystery gas in #254.

-I'd like to ask a favor: I'm having some trouble posting the comparison pictures from Unleashed and the comics, so if anyone could do that for me, that be great. Thanks.

I know I'll probably be wrong when I say this, but I have a theory in what the story is in relation to the games next year. From what we're seeing, an Unleashed adaption is being penned as a big story that's slowly, subtlety, but surely coming to fruition, but why Unleashed of all games? Well, I remember reading Takashi Iizuka saying the Werehog may appear again in the games. So what if next year they release a sequel to Unleashed next year? It would surely explain the comic's adaption of Unleashed. And I know this pushing it, but perhaps the Freedom Fighters appear in the game? This is all just a theory, one that even I'm having doubts about, but I just thought it all seemed to add up to that.

That sounds like a pretty interesting theory. And while I have my doubts for the freedom fighters appearing in the game, that could still be a possible explanation

That sounds like a pretty interesting theory. And while I have my doubts for the freedom fighters appearing in the game, that could still be a possible explanation

Yeah, I thought the inclusion of the Freedom Fighter might be a stretch, but it all seems to add up reasonably well.

Hum.... it's sega Japan we are talking about. the only cameo the FF got in a sonic game were in Sonic spinball, And it was by the sonic team of america .....

But well, urray for unleashed 2. I want to go and drift fast.

By the way, not so out of context, when does all the next games are announced ? Because , while i do see Sonic and mario as an extremly heartwarming game (those who were there during all those flmae war between the two fandom....we salute you). I do wish for something more sonic, more..fast.... More...

In fact, with those 3D render of the new FF, why not ? That would be fun.

A possible 'Unleashed 2'? I could get down with that, so long as they tone down (or better yet, remove) the medal collecting. The only major thing I'd see changing is the controls. Whether we like it or not, I doubt that Sonic Team will return to the boost gameplay so soon, and instead they'll probably try to improve upon the 'Lost World' playstyle. But hey, it's all just speculation at this point. (Seeing the Freedom Fighters in an actual main series game would be kinda cool, though...)

One thing to note though, is that there hasn't been an official 'sequel game' since Rivals 2 in 2008 (or Generations to an extent, but that was most likely just a one-off with the Colours ending due to it being an anniversary game). All we know about next year's game is that it'll be Nintendo-exclusive (and possibly the last for a while).

Hum.... it's sega Japan we are talking about. the only cameo the FF got in a sonic game were in Sonic spinball, And it was by the sonic team of america .....

But well, urray for unleashed 2. I want to go and drift fast.

By the way, not so out of context, when does all the next games are announced ? Because , while i do see Sonic and mario as an extremly heartwarming game (those who were there during all those flmae war between the two fandom....we salute you). I do wish for something more sonic, more..fast.... More...

In fact, with those 3D render of the new FF, why not ? That would be fun.

After the slowed down Lost World, I think it would be a good idea Sega went back to speed rather than jogging about. I'd love to see the Freedom Fighters appear in a game though. Unfortunately I really don't know when next year's games are announced. I think May is the most likely month.

Boy... I can't help for a comic reader App on my PS3 or Vita, that way, I could have some use for my vita.

And I also can't wait for Some multi-platform sonic.

I do want a sonic on my Ps3, Pretty please?

Yeah , sorry about that.

So.... any news about the christmas special ?

Yeah , sorry about that.

So.... any news about the christmas special ?

I didn't even know the comic was getting a Christmas special.

Well, this comic usually has something for christmas; wether it's a simple story, or a full issue dedicated . My bet us that they'll write something in one of the spin off magazine .

Well, this comic usually has something for christmas; wether it's a simple story, or a full issue dedicated . My bet us that they'll write something in one of the spin off magazine .

Most likely. The main comics haven't had any Christmas issues in the past as far as I can tell.

Well, things are changing. So perhaps we should expect one in the future

Sorry! Sonic Christmas stories are as rare as hen's teeth nowadays!

I think STC online does it. So it's not exactly rare. But it doesn't happen in Archie. Which is a shame really