Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

Yeah , They really are the sonic artist of this generation for the Blue blur.

Honorable mention all the way man!

Got to give Yardley and Bates props, especially Bates who can make Eggman very scary.

That's for sure. But I think that's what was wanted .

I read issue 254 this morning and here are my thoughts.

This issue featured nothing but great returns of characters I haven't seen in a long while. It was a great change in seeing Chuck out in the field than sitting on a chair deliberating with others. However, although another return proved a little strange to put into small words. Seeing Muttski turn into a Mobian was quite something, but I loved the expressions Sonic and Tails had when they saw him and it was a nice touch to name him after Ben Hurst. Of course, the main feature was having Antoine return to fighting form again. I've gotta say his redesign is done well and I really enjoyed how slick he was with his sword. That sword spin dash was cool times ten :D Eggman's story was all right, but I just wasn't as bothered with his story as much as I was with Sonic's. Fair enough it was with Eggman's story where all the action went into, but it was nice to see Sonic not smashing badniks left right and centre. One of my favourite parts though was when Sonic ingests that strange gas from the earth and goes a little wild on us. An easy to spot foreshadowing of the Werehog and by extension an Unleashed adaption coming ahead. In its entirety I loved this one more than last issue 9/10. We're two parts in and already this arc is turning into a real gem.

I actually really enjoyed the latest issue of the sonic comics. Especially since I had no enthusiasm for this reboot thing. :D

I actually really enjoyed the latest issue of the sonic comics. Especially since I had no enthusiasm for this reboot thing. :D

45% of my enjoyment in this issue goes into reading Ant's French accent again :P

I was nervous about the reboot as I probably said countless times but I'm really enjoying it and I'm having trouble deciding which I prefer between SU and this arc

The hint of the return of the werehog has gotten me excited Muttski as a Mobian was interesting, didn't get to see much from him but Sonic and Tails' reactions were priceless

And Antoine did his version of the Sonic spin. Everyone is doing it nowadays it seems. I'm nearly at the point where I wouldn't be surprised if Eggman did his own Sonic spin

Speaking of Eggman, I must admit I didn't focus that much on him, but he did well at attacking GUN. He sacrificed his Eggmobile, which is unheard of for him. That was a little surprise. Perhaps he'll be making his journey to the Death Egg now

And Bunnie, when I saw that image in the spoilers I never thought once it was her, but now that I see it I guess it was obvious. Should be an interesting next issue

Can't wait!

1 person likes this

It wasnt just any Spin Dash. That move was based on attack from Sonic and Black Knight.

Dont get me wrong, writing is really good, but so far it seems nothing is gonna big is gonna happen in "Countdown to Chaos". Each issue folllows a simple rutine: Character is back, heroes are happy, character ask why they acting so weird, then got shocked by Nicole, some action, Eggman travels to Death Egg. Also that Nicole memory restore thing is almost as convinient as derobotising Mega Buster. I hope part 4 has a deceant pay-off. Sorry If I sound to negative.

On related subject: Rotor is super strong now, Antoine does that spin thing, there are hints that Nicole has some body, and Bunnie was always really powerfull.So any ideas what powers Sally will get? At first I consideres Mecha Sally's swords (and laser from mouth). Than again powers could be based on games. So what?

Super Speed? Extreme Gear skills? Throwing explosive rings? Using Nicole like Cheese? Strechy limbs? Guns? Olympics skills?

Dont get me wrong, writing is really good, but so far it seems nothing is gonna big is gonna happen in "Countdown to Chaos".

Given the 'countdown' in the title, this seems likely, and the really big events are being set up for the next arc. This is just the prelude (and a chance for people to get used to the 'new' world.)

Nice to know that not all the grand masters/egg bosses didn't get replaced.

I was nervous about the reboot as I probably said countless times but I'm really enjoying it and I'm having trouble deciding which I prefer between SU and this arc

The hint of the return of the werehog has gotten me excited Muttski as a Mobian was interesting, didn't get to see much from him but Sonic and Tails' reactions were priceless

And Antoine did his version of the Sonic spin. Everyone is doing it nowadays it seems. I'm nearly at the point where I wouldn't be surprised if Eggman did his own Sonic spin

Speaking of Eggman, I must admit I didn't focus that much on him, but he did well at attacking GUN. He sacrificed his Eggmobile, which is unheard of for him. That was a little surprise. Perhaps he'll be making his journey to the Death Egg now

And Bunnie, when I saw that image in the spoilers I never thought once it was her, but now that I see it I guess it was obvious. Should be an interesting next issue

Can't wait!

Yea I have no idea how everybody is "sonic spinning" it's kind of absurd. Though Eggman was a badass in this issue

From what I was able to gather , chances are they are going to use most of the attacks from other sonic's game , and gives them to the character the most suiteed.

BUT I DON'T REMEMBER BIG BEING ABLE TO SPIN DASH IN SANIC ADVENCHURE.

He can turn into ball in Sonic Heroes. And really it was less Spin Dash and more Spin Tumble.

1 person likes this

Just hope orbot and cubot don't start spin dashing.

They don't. One of them is a CUBE . And cubes don't roll . Yet.

I'd be more worried about Eggman than Orbot and Cubot

And being a cube doesn't stop Cubot rolling

Robotnik ... Is both the fatest AND fastest human alive . Try using it in the chaos lobby .

They don't. One of them is a CUBE . And cubes don't roll . Yet.

I'm pretty sure the cube one has actually rolled a few times O.O

Actually, Cubot's more, "fall on side then fall on next side".

Actually, Cubot's more, "fall on side then fall on next side".

The end result? A very inefficient form of locomotion :P

Eh, it's a comic book that sometimes struggles to make sense.

Here's the recommendations:

Cover: Sonic '06: His World (Instrumental)

Eggman in Avalon: Sonic Adventure(DX): Dr. Robotnik/Eggman's Theme

Sonic and Tails arriving in the Wood Zone: Sonic Generations(3DS): Cutscene 5/Classic Meets Modern

Sonic and Tails meeting the new Muttski: Associated Production Music: Cocksure Capers

Sonic and Tails with Antoine: Sonic Rush: Theme of Comical Event

Antoine regains his memories of the old reality: Sonic Rush Adventure: Nervous

Eggman VS GUN: Sonic Adventure 2: E.G.G.M.A.N.

Back in the Wood Zone: Sonic Generations(3DS): Cutscene 3/"This place is giving me déjà vu all over again!"

The earthquake scene; Sonic acts feral for a moment: The World Ends With You: Rush Hour

After the tremor: Sonic Rush: Theme of Sonic's Event

In the Metropolis Zone: Sonic Adventure 2: Radical Highway/Vengeance Is Mine

Enjoy!

Those Covers are quite nice. Also, I see a #231 reference on the "the return of Princess Sally" variant cover, which is quite great.

Those Covers are quite nice. Also, I see a #231 reference on the "the return of Princess Sally" variant cover, which is quite great.

I noticed the parody too ;) Rafa Knight's a real star Sonic artist. Although the variant Shadow cover's a bit bland if I'm honest.