Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

Did....... Our favorite swordsman just did ...what he did in the spoiler?

I don't know what to believe anymore....

Still better than all these "High-school drama" Stories We got in the day I guess.

Your right! I didn't notice that before. Everyone seems to be doing it nowadays!

I'm never going to call Sonic's world Earth. Never.

Unless I'm talking about the Fleetway Comics ofcourse, but that's beside the point.

I wouldn't call Fleetway Sonic's world Earth either since it is a different planet altogether

Just nobody call any of Sonic's worlds Earth unless it is actually called Earth. It would be stupid if they changed the name to Earth

Let's just call it "Sonic's world" and end this conversation.

So strange to see Muttski a mobian now, don't really like this idea. I was really hoping it would have either been Dulcy or Nate Morgan, feel cheated, they said it was a returning character, how is Muttski a returning character when he has been in New Mobotropolis all this while and never left? Oh well, solicits sometimes are so misleading..

So Ian finally confirmed they can't use Mobius, really wish they tell us the reason instead letting us bloat about it why.

Finally, Sonic finally called Uncle Chuck, "Uncle Chuck". The whole SEGA mandate that SEGA characters cannot call their relatives "dad", "mom", etc is so annoying and stupid. Hehe, an "Uncle to many", love that roll call hash tag.

Love Lamar's art, it's like Steven Butler but better. The guy needs to do more interior art.

Although I'm fine with redesigns I can't help but feel this reboot has screwed up the comics all thanks to a particular former writer. No climax for the King Naugus arc, 2 years of interesting storylines thrown out, major characters purged and millions of plot holes to fill in since majority of the comic's foundation was by Penders(He had just canceled out his legacy in the book if you think about it). Sigh, very very very P*ssed. The series elements I loved so much gone. Forgive me guys but I really wanted to get this off my chest for awhile so just ignore this rant. I'll still keep reading the book despite many of my favorite characters gone, it will take me a lot to drop the book and I'm positive Ian will come up with many good and fun ideas while I try to put away the old Mobius that's gone now.

We're humans. We ADAPT to survive.

So strange to see Muttski a mobian now, don't really like this idea. I was really hoping it would have either been Dulcy or Nate Morgan, feel cheated, they said it was a returning character, how is Muttski a returning character when he has been in New Mobotropolis all this while and never left? Oh well, solicits sometimes are so misleading..

So Ian finally confirmed they can't use Mobius, really wish they tell us the reason instead letting us bloat about it why.

Finally, Sonic finally called Uncle Chuck, "Uncle Chuck". The whole SEGA mandate that SEGA characters cannot call their relatives "dad", "mom", etc is so annoying and stupid. Hehe, an "Uncle to many", love that roll call hash tag.

Love Lamar's art, it's like Steven Butler but better. The guy needs to do more interior art.

Although I'm fine with redesigns I can't help but feel this reboot has screwed up the comics all thanks to a particular former writer. No climax for the King Naugus arc, 2 years of interesting storylines thrown out, major characters purged and millions of plot holes to fill in since majority of the comic's foundation was by Penders(He had just canceled out his legacy in the book if you think about it). Sigh, very very very P*ssed. The series elements I loved so much gone. Forgive me guys but I really wanted to get this off my chest for awhile so just ignore this rant. I'll still keep reading the book despite many of my favorite characters gone, it will take me a lot to drop the book and I'm positive Ian will come up with many good and fun ideas while I try to put away the old Mobius that's gone now.

It's cool, I know how you feel ;) I too wanted there to be at least some closure to those stories, but what can you do? I'm afraid the legal system works in many annoying and confusing ways. Why Mobius can't be used anymore I have no idea and isn't it a bit pernickety of Sega not to want Sega characters have parents anymore? Sigh, there's so many problems and irritations, but at least the comic hasn't stopped being fun to read.

Edited by HyperMetal50
1 person likes this

Wait, did Sega directly say "The characters cannot have family members" even though King Acorn called Sally his daughter and Cream's mother is a recurring character that will obviously reappear in the future?

Wait, did Sega directly say "The characters cannot have family members" even though King Acorn called Sally his daughter and Cream's mother is a recurring character that will obviously reappear in the future?

I'm pretty sure SEGA said that the SEGA (game) characters can't have parents (with Cream most likely being the only exception), but they never stated that Archie/SatAM characters such as Sally can't either. Besides, if the Penders case went as everyone says it did, then Sonic's parents aren't in this timeline anyway.

Sigh, there's so many problems and irritations, but at least the comic has stopped being fun to read.

...Was that a typo?

This whole "parents" thing is another thing added to the stupid things list, along with the "Mobius" thing and the Penders characters. I really hope something else doesn't come up now

On a positive note, here are the covers for STH issue 257 along with the info for it. The first is a little big so I'll put them in separate one. Here's what is said to be the normal cover

Sth-257primary.jpg

Here's the variant cover

Sth-257variant.jpg

And finally

The 'Countdown' is over, the 'Chaos' has just begun! 'Damage Control': The shattered world is causing chaos everywhere, and Station Square is about to implode! Sonic and the Freedom Fighters must spring into action to save the day, unless someone beats them to the punch. Cue: Dr. Eggman. Will the evil doctor be the one to save the world? Or will his newfound power give him ultimate control? Covers by Rafa Knight and Lamar Wells!

Right now, I'm just waiting and seeing .... but fortunaly , the Lack of characters is nothing fanfiction cannot take care of .

That's the first proper look I've had at all the new designs that hasn't been obscured or cluttered, and I have to say I think they actually look pretty good (cgi differences taken into account). I'd prefer it of Antoine still had his uniform, but that's from a character point of view rather than an appearance one.

Antoine without his jacket is probably the most controversial change in the main characters' attire.

I'm pretty sure SEGA said that the SEGA (game) characters can't have parents (with Cream most likely being the only exception), but they never stated that Archie/SatAM characters such as Sally can't either. Besides, if the Penders case went as everyone says it did, then Sonic's parents aren't in this timeline anyway.

...Was that a typo?

As Homer Simpson would say "DOH!" I meant to that the comic hasn't stopped being fun to read :wacko:

I wonder why everyone is so eager to go back to the darka ge of the comic...... a time where sonic and his friend suffered in highschool , and where mina and co were struggling to find their places in a world torn up by war against a dangerous and global foe....

I said SEGA characters not Archie characters. Cream is different as she is the only SEGA character to have a parent introduced by them so its fine, SATam/Archie characters are fine too. Ian said this on his forums that this is a mandate he has to comply with which is honestly stupid and annoying.

I wonder why everyone is so eager to go back to the darka ge of the comic...... a time where sonic and his friend suffered in highschool , and where mina and co were struggling to find their places in a world torn up by war against a dangerous and global foe....

Huh? Nobody said the dark age of the comic which was before Ian's run but from where the old timeline left off with the Naugus arc being left without a climax. Those were only a few issues, the high school ones you mentioned. Sure the previous timeline had some stupid ideas, mainly issues 101 to 159 are regarded by fans to be the worst part of the series (though there were some good issues like the Xorda arc, Tossed in space, Return to Angel Island). But are you meaning you don't miss it and don't like it? I love how the series has more interaction between characters and expanded on a lot of things the games had never addressed and despite a rather large and complicated cast of characters, I loved it with a many characters to look at. Aren't everyone on Mobius fighting Eggman who is global foe? Why not? Isn't he supposed to be? What do you mean bro?

I liked this part, since it introduced a lot of characters I liked. What I didn't , is that some of the ideas never really got some closure , along with some characters being killed off for real (poor antoine, we never really got to see him interacting with his father.).

At least They'll probably bring the baron back.

also: GREEN KNUCKLES.

I love how Rafaela Knight's got a new gig with Archie. Her work is just outstanding :D The secondary cover's not too bad as well, but I love the CGI cover so much, I wish I could physically have it! Also, I have to agree with Simon. There were some bad stories with issue 100 through 159, but there are some I really like to read. However, that Chaos Knuckles arc was just too much for me.

Like I said, It was mostly bad, But Gray's art is what save the whole thing for me.

Like I said, It was mostly bad, But Gray's art is what save the whole thing for me.

Yeah, I think if he had pencilled it, I may have had more interest in reading it, but to be honest the pencils that were actually used for it just have no appeal to me.

Gray is actually want drawn me back to the comic. The way he made the character was extremly apealing to me in general; cartoony for sure , but also scary at times.

Gray is actually want drawn me back to the comic. The way he made the character was extremly apealing to me in general; cartoony for sure , but also scary at times.

I see what you mean. I know it isn't particularly Sonic-ish, but it fits in well with the comic. I just hope they get him to do another story arc for the comic.

I always though it was the way Sonic should have been drawn back in the day. It looked laid back and funny. But ir could also convey serious emotions too (Have you seen the way Patch and Locke were drawn soletimes ?) . But now that I saw all these new artists , Even if Gray is my all time favorite, the others deserve a mention :)

I always though it was the way Sonic should have been drawn back in the day. It looked laid back and funny. But ir could also convey serious emotions too (Have you seen the way Patch and Locke were drawn soletimes ?) . But now that I saw all these new artists , Even if Gray is my all time favorite, the others deserve a mention :)

Oh of course. Bates and Yardely are just epic at pencils. It was like they were born to draw Sonic.