Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

Colours has already happened in this timeline; it was referenced WAY back in Issue 252. When Sonic asked Tails what happened to Amy and Silver, Tails mentioned that they hadn't seen Silver since they rescued the Wisps (referencing the DS version of Colours).

Unless the comic decides one day to do mini-adaptations of previous game events, then I don't think we'll be getting a Colours adaptation (aside from that "Another Time, Another Place" story that Dylan mentioned).

Edited by Neo M'egga Man

well honestly they might start doing mini adaptations secretly possibly as a 25th anniversary treat or maybe do another universe change to adapt to putting them in without messing with the flow of the story. the problem of changing the universe is that it would be the 4th time they have done it ( i combine both genesis waves together because its easier to think of it that way ) 

well honestly they might start doing mini adaptations secretly possibly as a 25th anniversary treat or maybe do another universe change to adapt to putting them in without messing with the flow of the story. the problem of changing the universe is that it would be the 4th time they have done it ( i combine both genesis waves together because its easier to think of it that way ) 

They won't reboot the multiverse again. They just won't. If they do mini-adaptations of previous game events, then they'll either be covered in Sonic Comic Origins, or it'll just be a case of "watch/play the game yourself to get the basic idea".

Sorry about the neo said thing I have no idea how to get rid of this, but I do hope archie does something for the 25th anniversary. I also hope Karl b. let's them use his characters. I'm not trying to go back to my old ways guys, but at the same time Karl said he didn't realize he had the rights to his own characters because he thought they went to sega/archie, so that's a good sign. 

Honestly, it's really just better off if they let the old characters go and not use them. As much as I miss them and everything, if old characters are used then everyone is going to get hopeful and beg that they return more and it'll just end up a big mess

1 person likes this

Honestly, it's really just better off if they let the old characters go and not use them. As much as I miss them and everything, if old characters are used then everyone is going to get hopeful and beg that they return more and it'll just end up a big mess

true, and I keep forgetting their names but I really want to see more of the trio we saw with the green fox and one big dude.

i can see where your coming from but we all just love the old characters too much for them to just disappear, i just don't see this going down quietly at all. there's just no possible way

Well... they can't exactly do much about it since a lot of them are not allowed in

Well... they can't exactly do much about it since a lot of them are not allowed in

I still am pretty bias against the whole headlining and reminding people that the sonic crew are going to forget everything that happen from the old world thing. I'd rather they just do it silently instead. 

How do you mean silently? If they bring it up of course I'm going to remind them

How do you mean silently? If they bring it up of course I'm going to remind them

sorry, I don't mean at you Dylan, I mean in the comic. I'm kind of against that, as it just brings back rage and stuff.

But... they haven't done that properly in the comic since the beginning of the reboot. From what I recall, the only times Sonic or someone else mentioned their actual memories changing was Issue 252 (Sonic started to "remember" King Acorn's first meeting with Classic Eggman, replacing King Max meeting Robotnik) and Issue 257 (after saving Station Square, Tails mentioned that his "old" memories were fading, like a dream, with Sonic saying that he still remembers his old life, even though it's clear that he's lying). Since then, there's barely been any mention of the old world, and for good reason.

sorry about that. I though Sally's mother was a reference to the old world and the memories fading.

So, is it safe to assume that we won't be seeing most of the Freedom Fighters parents again?

Um... well... Rotor and Sally still have family (though Rotor's has changed)

Sonic and Tails (and I guess Amy and Big) are not allowed to have family because SEGA

Cream has Vanilla

Antoine's father was dead in the old continuity anyway and I don't think he will be getting anyway. Similarly with Bunnie

Yep. Pretty safe to assume there won't be much in terms of parenthood for the freedom fighters

-_- Welp, I suppose I should get used to all this...

Sonic and Tails I don't mind not having parents. I forget what he said but Ian flynn made a good point in one of his podcast.

Sonic and Tails I don't mind not having parents. I forget what he said but Ian flynn made a good point in one of his podcast.

well thats because we have already seen a certain amount of the comic without their parents, sally not so much 

Sally gets her father anyway... cause he existed in SatAM

lucky her...

I kind of didn't like Sonics parents though, as strange as it sounds i perfer the whole "Eggman turned evil by a bad egg" story, either that or something about eggman going insane because he can't get back to earth and what not.

Yay! My email made into issue #281 of sonic the hedgehog I am the victor one :-)

Hey fellow Sonic fans,

I just finished the Knuckles Mini series but beforehand I read his (Archie) wikia page and was wondering whether you recommend me starting on the Sonic the Hedgehog comic series when the Mini series finished or, start right at the very beginning/would it be worth my time reading through 19 years worth of comics?!

All help is appreciated!

Stay awesome...

kn.PNG

Hello! I see you started reading issues that take before the reboot in #252. While issues between #1 and #159 are slightly a cluster of different art-styles and writers of differing directions, I would highly suggest starting at #160. It is at that point where the writing and art become decent and consistent, without losing track of what has happened in all the issues that came before. Plus at that point it becomes less of a comic with Sonic in it, and more of a Sonic the hedgehog comic book series.

Hope it helps!

Edited by RobotnikHolmes

Personally, I would highly suggest reading through them. While it is 19 years it really isn't as much as it sounds

Also... personally I would say 160 is too far through to start reading since the series likes to make references to older comics. But agreed that the first few are... kind of unimportant. I can't realy give an exact place of where to start since I just read through them all. But I'd highly suggest you look at the comic reading guide Skye made

Appreciate it you two. I think I'll commit and start at the very beginning. 

Hello! I see you started reading issues that take before the reboot in #252. While issues between #1 and #159 are slightly a cluster of different art-styles and writers of differing directions, I would highly suggest starting at #160. It is at that point where the writing and art become decent and consistent, without losing track of what has happened in all the issues that came before. Plus at that point it becomes less of a comic with Sonic in it, and more of a Sonic the hedgehog comic book series.

Hope it helps!

Personally, I would highly suggest reading through them. While it is 19 years it really isn't as much as it sounds

Also... personally I would say 160 is too far through to start reading since the series likes to make references to older comics. But agreed that the first few are... kind of unimportant. I can't realy give an exact place of where to start since I just read through them all. But I'd highly suggest you look at the comic reading guide Skye made

kn.PNG