Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

Please no future spoilers, I've only read until 279 since I only read the comic on scanf.

Well, since both series were delayed, the website is one comic ahead for each of them thanks to the accidental temporary digital release.

Anybody else excited for the release of Sonic the Hedgehog #280 on the 13th of April?

Anybody else excited for the release of Sonic the Hedgehog #280 on the 13th of April?

Yes sir! :) can't wait to continue the story

1 person likes this

oooh, it's coming that soon? I can't wait!

No offense to the writers but the story of 280 felt kind of rushed and stuff. I'm not sure if i'm the only one who feels that way...

Mmmm... can kinda see what you mean I guess. Though I guess it felt kind of like a filler too. Nothing super exciting happened (well.. I guess you could call getting the keys exciting but meh). And it was kind of just something to give information about some of the characters. I guess in terms of Sally and Rotor, it's something that's a little difficult to spread out since the reboot hass happened and they want everyone to know what's going on with these characters

I do quite like Axel though. He's interesting. I kind of want to see more of him and his buddy attitude towards his group. Though I guess I've said it about a few of the group

Mmmm... can kinda see what you mean I guess. Though I guess it felt kind of like a filler too. Nothing super exciting happened (well.. I guess you could call getting the keys exciting but meh). And it was kind of just something to give information about some of the characters. I guess in terms of Sally and Rotor, it's something that's a little difficult to spread out since the reboot hass happened and they want everyone to know what's going on with these characters

I do quite like Axel though. He's interesting. I kind of want to see more of him and his buddy attitude towards his group. Though I guess I've said it about a few of the group

I hate to go back to my vintage old ways of begin upset at the reboot but I do kind of hate the reminder of them losing there memories. It's pretty sad when you think about it..

Also with the reboot, they just "threw away" a bunch of characters, honestly I'm happy they discarded Geoffrey (No offense... other Geoffrey) but there are still some characters I want to see again. And also, I Wonder what they're gonna do with the end of the global crisis, either they reboot the thing again or they actually bring a new bad guy again.

Also with the reboot, they just "threw away" a bunch of characters, honestly I'm happy they discarded Geoffrey (No offense... other Geoffrey) but there are still some characters I want to see again. And also, I Wonder what they're gonna do with the end of the global crisis, either they reboot the thing again or they actually bring a new bad guy again.

You mean after they've beaten Dark Gaia and unshattered the planet? Of course they're not gonna reboot the world again! That would just be dumb and unnecessary. What'll most likely happen is that Sonic and the Freedom Fighters continue to fight Eggman's forces during some standard adventures, eventually leading to Eggman discovering the Lost Hex (again), taking control of the Deadly Six (again) and kicking off an adaptation of 'Sonic Lost World'.

You mean after they've beaten Dark Gaia and unshattered the planet? Of course they're not gonna reboot the world again! That would just be dumb and unnecessary. What'll most likely happen is that Sonic and the Freedom Fighters continue to fight Eggman's forces during some standard adventures, eventually leading to Eggman discovering the Lost Hex (again), taking control of the Deadly Six (again) and kicking off an adaptation of 'Sonic Lost World'.

Must things repeat like that? Can't they think of a new villian or have the deadly six just turn on eggman and try to get revenge?

"One must make the comic to be more like the Sonic in SEGA. That is the rule we doth place on Archie" <- Totally said by SEGA. And even if not, the general idea is said

There probably will be new villains, but can we be fair about this... look how many possible ones there are now! They've just thrown a huge amount of different (or the same but with different background) villains in the form of the Egg bosses. You also got the Naugus twins who likely won't be defeated by the end of Eggman's arc. So I think it's a little silly to be asking for more villains now when we haven't even seen much more than a glimpse of several villains. Let's see a little more of them first before asking for new villains

Also, I doubt they're going to go straight into the "Lost World" arc. There's going to be some time in between before they reach that

As I said, there's definitely gonna be some new adventures for Sonic before a Lost World adaptation happens. I'm pretty certain that they'll at least wait until after issue #300.

As for new villains, I think there are enough to work with right now. The Naugus twins are gonna be hanging around for a while, Eclipse is still somewhere on the planet, the Deadly Six might actually become more interesting (rather than getting controlled by a certain other bald egomaniac) and Captain Metal is still functioning... I think.

I'm not in such a rush to see more new villains. Maybe once the Freedom Fighters have encountered all the Egg Bosses, and other villains have been permanently(?), then some new ones can enter the fray.

As I said, there's definitely gonna be some new adventures for Sonic before a Lost World adaptation happens. I'm pretty certain that they'll at least wait until after issue #300.

As for new villains, I think there are enough to work with right now. The Naugus twins are gonna be hanging around for a while, Eclipse is still somewhere on the planet, the Deadly Six might actually become more interesting (rather than getting controlled by a certain other bald egomaniac) and Captain Metal is still functioning... I think.

I'm not in such a rush to see more new villains. Maybe once the Freedom Fighters have encountered all the Egg Bosses, and other villains have been permanently(?), then some new ones can enter the fray.

IDK, I kind of don't like the lost world adaption idea, only because lost world really wasn't that good TBH. I like the bosses, but overall I think they should go back to memory lane and have a sonic adventure story again or something that takes place in station square.

Honestly I'm a little fed up of the Sonic Adventure storyline. I'm a little happier to have a Lost World adaption doesn't have to be EXACTLY the same as the game than yet another Sonic Adventure storlyine. You say it wouldn't be a good idea because of the game. But it's not going to be the exact same as the game. I mean look at the Sonic Unleashed one. It has a few simularities but it's not close to the same

Honestly I'm a little fed up of the Sonic Adventure storyline. I'm a little happier to have a Lost World adaption doesn't have to be EXACTLY the same as the game than yet another Sonic Adventure storlyine. You say it wouldn't be a good idea because of the game. But it's not going to be the exact same as the game. I mean look at the Sonic Unleashed one. It has a few simularities but it's not close to the same

you do make a good point. I really don't want it to be anything like the game. Add in an egg boss and the freedom fighters from SATAM and I think it will be a good enough story.

honestly lost world is too much of a platformer game than it is a sonic game to me if they could tweak it a little it would be fine to me. the sonic adventure storyline makes enough sense and i thought the games were awesome so if they decide to make another i wouldn't have a problem.

1 person likes this

I really feel the adventure storyline was just too overdone. I've seen it with the comics, with Sonic X... just too much for me

That's the fun part of a comic adaptation: it doesn't have to be a one-to-one replica of Lost World's story. Sure, the basics would still be there (Eggman discovers Lost Hex, controls the Deadly Six, Sonic messes things up, the D6 retaliate against both Sonic and Eggman, Sonic must stop them) but it's bound to have its differences. For example, perhaps Eggman won't team up with Sonic at all during their time on the Lost Hex.

Also keep in mind, it might not be that long of a saga. The current Unleashed saga is only taking so long because they had to establish the new world, on top of adapting one of the biggest Sonic game stories out there. (And the less said about Worlds Unite, the better...) Lost World is much more simple, with the only really notable part being Eggman's World-Draining Machine. For all we know, Sonic could head to the Lost Hex without the Freedom Fighters (well, aside from Tails and perhaps Amy too), leaving them to witness the effects of the WDM from the Sky Patrol or something. On top of that, Sonic Universe is bound to do it's own thing, mostly seperate from Lost World's story (aside from the aforementioned world-draining part).

Maybe Knuckles will help Sonic on Lost Hex. Maybe Team Dark will encounter Eclipse again. Maybe we'll catch up on Silver's Genesis Portal adventures. Maybe we'll see... whatever Blaze is doing nowadays. Again, the actual 'Lost Hex' storyline might only go on for 8-or-so issues, or they might drag it out a bit longer. It all depends on what Ian Flynn and the editor think is long enough to correctly adapt the story before moving on to new adventures.

...Or maybe they'll throw a curveball and do something that NO-ONE will see coming. It is Sonic's 25th Anniversary, after all.

Edited by Neo M'egga Man

That's the fun part of a comic adaptation: it doesn't have to be a one-to-one replica of Lost World's story. Sure, the basics would still be there (Eggman discovers Lost Hex, controls the Deadly Six, Sonic messes things up, the D6 retaliate against both Sonic and Eggman, Sonic must stop them) but it's bound to have its differences. For example, perhaps Eggman won't team up with Sonic at all during their time on the Lost Hex.

Also keep in mind, it might not be that long of a saga. The current Unleashed saga is only taking so long because they had to establish the new world, on top of adapting one of the biggest Sonic game stories out there. (And the less said about Worlds Unite, the better...) Lost World is much more simple, with the only really notable part being Eggman's World-Draining Machine. For all we know, Sonic could head to the Lost Hex without the Freedom Fighters (well, aside from Tails and perhaps Amy too), leaving them to witness the effects of the WDM from the Sky Patrol or something. On top of that, Sonic Universe is bound to do it's own thing, mostly seperate from Lost World's story (aside from the aforementioned world-draining part).

Maybe Knuckles will help Sonic on Lost Hex. Maybe Team Dark will encounter Eclipse again. Maybe we'll catch up on Silver's Genesis Portal adventures. Maybe we'll see... whatever Blaze is doing nowadays. Again, the actual 'Lost Hex' storyline might only go on for 8-or-so issues, or they might drag it out a bit longer. It all depends on what Ian Flynn and the editor think is long enough to correctly adapt the story before moving on to new adventures.

...Or maybe they'll throw a curveball and do something that NO-ONE will see coming. It is Sonic's 25th Anniversary, after all.

True, and a part of me still wants to see sticks cross universes unless she can make a debut in sonic the comic online.

Eggman already knows about Lost Hex, he just left it for later. Honestly, I don't really find the idea of Lost World adaptation good, because Deadly Six is so bland and one dimensional characters that make them interesting would be very hard. They appeared in World Unite (sorry, I had to mention it) and they still was completely bland and one dimensional. I think Deadly Six don't fit in sonic universe in general. 

I hope that next after Unleashed adaptation we'll see what happened with Silver, Gold and prof. Von Schlemmer and maybe meet Second Devourer again. Also we now have a mention about misterious "Chaos Titans"...

I know it's unlikely due to fact that it's definetely Super Sonic who fights the main evil, but Perfect Chaos versus Perfect Dark Gaia would be the coolest climactic battle ever.

Eggman already knows about Lost Hex, he just left it for later. Honestly, I don't really find the idea of Lost World adaptation good, because Deadly Six is so bland and one dimensional characters that make them interesting would be very hard. They appeared in World Unite (sorry, I had to mention it) and they still was completely bland and one dimensional. I think Deadly Six don't fit in sonic universe in general. 

I hope that next after Unleashed adaptation we'll see what happened with Silver, Gold and prof. Von Schlemmer and maybe meet Second Devourer again. Also we now have a mention about misterious "Chaos Titans"...

I know it's unlikely due to fact that it's definetely Super Sonic who fights the main evil, but Perfect Chaos versus Perfect Dark Gaia would be the coolest climactic battle ever.

I don't think Worlds Unite is a good showcase of how the Deadly Six can be used effectively, nor do I see it as an example to say that they won't make for interesting villains. I mean, one moment they're under Eggman’s control, then they're free to do what they want for all of... about a minute, before Sigma just mind-controls them all himself.

They didn't get a chance to shine before just becoming mindless drones for the rest of the crossover, and it's because of this that I want to see an actual adaptation of Lost World at some point in the comic's run. It doesn't have to be soon, I'm just saying it's the game that'll most likely to get an adaptation after Unleashed.

They did a short "hey! Here's a comic version of one tiny part of Colours" in the old continuity that didn't really happen but not in the new continuity. Will there be a Colours adaptation? I'd say I'm a little more worried about that game Tha Lost World being bad as a comic adaptation. I mean... I really enjoyed Colours and besides less cheesy lines, I cant really think how it would work in the comics that much with all the freedom fighters and egg bosses, etc

That being said... Who knows. I might get surprised

kind of hope we do, like I said, nothing on lost world but I'm kind of not crazy on the idea of it getting an adaption. Maybe if it leads to the freedom fighters getting harassed by the other dudes and having to fight them, but other then that i'm good.