Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

i cant seem to find the comic online so, delayed,

i have found some comic pages of the origins ones, shoud i post them

Delays are on Archie's side. Not ours

*Really wish people would stop asking*

Just to help clear things up about the delays:

Sonic #280 still has a while to get released, mostly because #279 still hasn't been physically released. Yes, that issue is already on the site, but that's because Archie did briefly release the digital version on time (November 2015).

However, it (and Universe #82) were quickly removed for some reason, and both were delayed to January 2016. From what I've heard, though, this can be a common thing with comic books.

Now, Universe #82 was released physically within the last few weeks, but Sonic #279 (and now, Universe #83) keeps getting delayed. As of now, these are the release dates:

- Sonic #279: February 24th

- Universe #83: Early March

- Sonic #280: Late March

Annoying? Oh, yes indeed! But I just thought I'd clear that up for everyone curious. Hopefully, things will get back on track by March/April.

Archie already talking about Sonic 284 coming out on June 8th....but nothing on issues 280-283 & obviously nothing on the Sonic Universes

Sonic #280 still has a while to get released, mostly because #279 still hasn't been physically released. Yes, that issue is already on the site, but that's because Archie did briefly release the digital version on time (November 2015).

However, it (and Universe #82) were quickly removed for some reason, and both were delayed to January 2016. From what I've heard, though, this can be a common thing with comic books.

Now, Universe #82 was released physically within the last few weeks, but Sonic #279 (and now, Universe #83) keeps getting delayed. As of now, these are the release dates:

Annoying? Oh, yes indeed! But I just thought I'd clear that up for everyone curious. Hopefully, things will get back on track by March/April.

i will admit i am pretty annoyed. sorry archie but as many of the mods probably are getting hinted on here patents isn't something i have 100% all the time. This is also one of those moments where i wish the company would speak up instead of keep quiet and let all questions about the delay be nothing but radio silence.

i will admit i am pretty annoyed. sorry archie but as many of the mods probably are getting hinted on here patents isn't something i have 100% all the time. This is also one of those moments where i wish the company would speak up instead of keep quiet and let all questions about the delay be nothing but radio silence.

I agree....Archie is keeping quiet about it, aside from their free day comic & 284...again, coming out on June 8th.

I agree....Archie is keeping quiet about it, aside from their free day comic & 284...again, coming out on June 8th.

it wouldn't kill if they at least came out and said "hey, this comic is gonna be delayed for this reason."

Kind of off topic, but I've always been confused on what the genesis wave arcs were. Are they basically "reboots" of the series? Because I hear that's when Sally got her new design in order to keep her in line with the game character designs. Which, by the way, I loved the SatAM design. From what I read, it seems like it's just a way for them to redo the past or something like that.

A Genesis wave creates an alternate reality, however it's unstable, and quickly breaks down unless fixed.

The first Genesis Wave was mostly to celebrate the 20th Sonic anniversary (hence why it was called a 'Genesis' Wave).  It was just a fun detour, though it did have some lasting effects on the main world (such as seriously messing up Naugus).

The Second Genesis Wave, aka the Worlds Collide cross-over, ended up causing a massive reboot of the Sonic Universe.  In essence, EVERYTHING that came before has been thrown away.

Kind of off topic, but I've always been confused on what the genesis wave arcs were. Are they basically "reboots" of the series? Because I hear that's when Sally got her new design in order to keep her in line with the game character designs. Which, by the way, I loved the SatAM design. From what I read, it seems like it's just a way for them to redo the past or something like that.

Skye's pretty much summed it up, but this might help clear it up too:

In-universe, the original Genesis Wave was a device used by Eggman in the old continuity to 'reboot' Mobius (but only Mobius Prime; the rest of the multiverse was unaffected), hoping that it would finally give him the victory he desired. This lead to the events of 'Genesis' in issues 226-229, set in an altered Mobius (but not related to the new continuity's Mobius). As usual, Sonic beat Eggman anyway, and used Chaos Control while Super to set the world back as it was (AKA around issue #225), but the Chaos Emerald that Eggman used for the original Genesis Wave somehow disappeared after that.

It wasn't until the Emerald was found by Dr. Wily on Mega Man's world, and the two doctors teamed up, that another Genesis Wave was activated, this time affecting both Mobius Prime and Earth 20XX (maybe the Sol Zone too, but it's hard to tell). This pretty much turned Sonic's world into a pure 'games-only' version (i.e. no Freedom Fighters) and moved Mega Man's world into the future slightly, and kicked off the events of 'Worlds Collide'. The doctors' ultimate plan during this was to collect all 7 Chaos Emeralds and launch a Super Genesis Wave, which would affect the entire multiverse. Sonic and Mega Man beat them, but have to use another Super-powered Chaos Control to restore their worlds. Mega Man succeeds (sending him back before his world was affected) but Eggman prevented Sonic from successfully restoring Mobius to its original state.

Because of this, Sonic's world is very different from before. Now the world is closer to the games in terms of events and continuity, but still has elements of the old world here-and-there, such as the Freedom Fighters and some other characters. But most (if not all) of them have been redesigned to fit better into the Sonic series. However, the rest of the multiverse (minus the Sol Zone) was completely transformed, with worlds like the Sonic Boom Zone now existing.

Short version is, the Genesis Wave events ('Genesis' & 'Worlds Collide') are kinda just their own thing that happen to tie-in with later events.

Edited by Neo M'egga Man

i'm really getting worried about the comics. The delays, the lawsuits, and Archie battling themselves. And people wonder why i want IBW to get their hands on the series. In other words: Archie comics is suffering from sega syndrome. They were good, but now their sucking.

i'm really getting worried about the comics. The delays, the lawsuits, and Archie battling themselves. And people wonder why i want IBW to get their hands on the series. In other words: Archie comics is suffering from sega syndrome. They were good, but now their sucking.

*IDW

It is getting pretty ridiculous, but at this point we just have to find other things to do. (In fairness, the delay's giving me plenty of time to work on some of my other projects.)

While handing the license to IDW may be a good answer if Archie do ever lose it, keep in mind that the original comic characters won't be making the jump too. Archie had to fight hard to keep the SatAM crew (Freedom Fighters etc.) in the reboot, and if they have to end it, then it's bye-bye to the whole Freedom Fighters aspect too.

The key here is hope and patience.

*IDW

It is getting pretty ridiculous, but at this point we just have to find other things to do. (In fairness, the delay's giving me plenty of time to work on some of my other projects.)

While handing the license to IDW may be a good answer if Archie do ever lose it, keep in mind that the original comic characters won't be making the jump too. Archie had to fight hard to keep the SatAM crew (Freedom Fighters etc.) in the reboot, and if they have to end it, then it's bye-bye to the whole Freedom Fighters aspect too.

The key here is hope and patience.

well, true, and i know the fans don't want the comic to go into anther legal debate 10 times worser then penders, even though somebody said archie hates sega.

Ken Penders is about to sue Sega over him and many other writers not getting paid for the reprints. So I think pretty soon Sega about to cut this comic off if Penders win and Sega doesn't have a lot of money because of Sonic Boom so they better hope they have a good lawyer or shut the comic down.

With Issue #279's official release being pushed back AGAIN, I might as well post a new cover and solicitation while we're waiting. However, this isn't for another main issue or Sonic Universe. It's actually a special one-off issue for the 25th Anniversary of the Sonic series, called 'Sonic: Mega Drive'! (Spoilered due to image size)

SonicMegaDrive-1-web-aad11.jpg

Sonic spins into a brand new, Classic-styled, SUPER SPECIAL one-shot “Mega Drive”! Join Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and Amy Rose on a brand new adventure—set after the fall of the Death Egg! The nefarious Dr. Eggman is trying to build a new engine of destruction: the MEGADRIVE, and it’s up to Sonic and his whole crew to stop the mad doctor and save the day! Join Sonic and his friends in this special commemorative issue celebrating the 25th Anniversary of the Blue Blur!

With all the hints of a more 'Classic-style' anniversary for Sonic this year, I guess it makes sense to set this issue around that era. It sounds like a promising read to me, so long as it reaches it's release date. (I'm sure it will though, since it's not really tied into the main comic series at all.)

Edited by Neo M'egga Man

OH! I remember seeing that cover the other day! I didn't even realise it's for an upcoming comic! That's cool!

Not really much information to go on with the solicitation so...

Here's hoping something good!

I saw that at Sonic Sanctuary I'll give it a read when it comes out.

New cover and solicit time (finally)! This is for Sonic issue #285, the second part of 'Panic in the Sky' (AKA Sonic Unleashed's finale):

Sonic285Sonic285var

The suspense builds for Sonic in “Panic in the Sky” Part Two: Sonic and the Freedom Fighters have faced a crushing defeat at the hands of Dr. Eggman and his entire evil Eggman Empire! Now it becomes a race against time to get back in the fight and save the day! But when Dr. Eggman uses Chip and the power of the Chaos Emeralds, are our heroes already too late? Featuring the second of four connecting covers by comics pro Dan Schoening plus a “Gaia Colossus” variant by the excellent Evan Stanley!

Eggman controlling Chip (at least, temporarily)?! Now THIS I didn't expect. I'm excited to see where this goes. Not long until Dark Gaia appears, too.

Please no future spoilers, I've only read until 279 since I only read the comic on scanf.

So has everyone.  These aren't spoilers.  More like teasers.

Yep.  Yes they do!  Hopefully there won;t be any more delays

I hope so, (sigh) I can't wait to read those.