Shadow

Sonic the Hedgehog (Comic Series)

1395 posts in this topic

Aw. C'mon. It wasn't THAT bad. 

I thought he was getting into the fight with Sonic and Knuckles.

Well that was anticlimactic. I suppose they're saving all the good fighting and stuff for the crossover.

I thought he was getting into the fight with Sonic and Knuckles.

well true..

Well that was anticlimactic. I suppose they're saving all the good fighting and stuff for the crossover.

I think their at this point were they need to start rushing the arc so they can get to worlds unite without any cliffhangers like worlds collide. 

I do hope we'll see Worlds Unite soon enough. I want to see how they made everything work. If they managed to do that.

Now that I think about who bet after worlds unite their gonna make it seen like it never happen.

I think their at this point were they need to start rushing the arc so they can get to worlds unite without any cliffhangers like worlds collide. 

I get that, but they shouldn't have to rush. They've had it planned for a while and could have paced themselves accordingly. I think trying to fit all arcs into at least a 4 parter is what hampered this arc ending.

I get that, but they shouldn't have to rush. They've had it planned for a while and could have paced themselves accordingly. I think trying to fit all arcs into at least a 4 parter is what hampered this arc ending.

You're probibly right.  They had a lot of fights they needed to fit in, plus new characters to introduce, and more of the new world to show as well.

Yeah they do have a LOT of work to do and many characters to introduce. Or develop. Same as the story. I wish we'll see more about the two new soldiers on Eggman's side (The two deer looking can't remember their names though xD)

For what it was I thought it was fine. 

I liked when Tails came in and took the emerald from Metal though. Seeing as how he got knocked out of the tournament real early in such a cheap kind of way, I figured it was deserved. 

Probably what they were going for anyway lol

(Man I read this comic a while ago and just got to posting about it. eehh, oh well haha.)

Good news, everyone! We have the covers and solicitation for Sonic's first story arc set after 'Worlds Unite': Cold-Hearted!

sonic-276-136434.jpgsonic-276var-136435.jpg

The BLUE BLUR IS BACK from the events of "WORLDS UNITE" and ready to save the world!

In "Cold Hearted," Sonic embarks on a quest through the arctic to find and recover the all-important Gaia Keys! Collecting them all is essential for fixing the shattered world. It's a pretty chill mission until Egg Boss Tundra steps in to put the freeze on Sonic's plans! Meanwhile, Dr. Eggman is "Back in Business" as he braves the unknown to find his most treasured killing machine Metal Sonic! Featuring cover art by newcomer Adam Bryce Thomas plus a "HERO" variant with art provided by SEGA!

Nice to see that we'll be heading straight back into the 'Unleashed' story after the crossover, and it looks like Holoska is the first continent up. And with Tundra finally getting a chance to show... something, maybe we could see a possible rivalry with Rotor? Also, it seems like Eggman will still be looking for Metal Sonic after all this. So could that mean poor Metal is still stuck in that meteor-space-dimension from Universe #75, even during 'Worlds Unite'? That'll be a shame, but we'll see soon enough.

I think... could be wrong, but was it shown in Rotor's origin story that

The Tundra Egg boss was his father?  Or am I adding 2 and 2 and getting 5?

Nope. It showed Rotor had a father in version of events. And that the Egg Boss of the region was a walrus named Tundra

It hasn't been specifically said Tundra is Rotors father (however I would be more than surprised if he wasn't)

Keep in mind that, in Rotor's origin story, his dad was an extremely anti-machinery/technology type of guy, so him being Tundra seems... unlikely to me.

Though I suppose things might have changed since then, especially with Eggman presumably taking over that region. Maybe he was... whatever the equivalent of 'Legionising' is in the new continuity, but I'm personally not buying the idea. However, it might be someone related to Rotor's family. Maybe an uncle or something?

At least if he was Rotor's father that would be perfectly ironic role for him. Serving Eggman (not because he wants to) but is forced to even though he doesn't even like technology. Truly evil.

Really interested in the premise of the back-up story.  Maybe Metal gets a bit more character development.  After all...

There have been moments where he seems to be showing he's a bit more self aware than he's letting on. 

Edited by HyperMetal50

The World Adventure continues in #277 as an old ally officially debuts in the new universe (Hit the spoiler button for details)!

Sonic277.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1Sonic277var.jpg?w=630&cdnnode=1

SONIC TAKES THE LEAD in the race to fix the planet! "Thunder, Rain and Lightning": Sonic and the team link up with Lupe to destroy one of Dr. Eggman's super badniks! How does this tie into fixing the shattered world? And just what secrets does Lupe keep? Then, in “Hidden Costs” Part One, Sally and Bunnie hunt down the final Chaos Emerald—which is in the heart of Egg Boss Clove’s forbidden territory! Featuring cover art from jammin’ Jamal Peppers and a “BATTLE!” variant from Sonic comics all-star Tyson Hesse!

Edited by Crossharemega

Ooh! Lupe! Yay! Good to see another older character still around. I'll be interested to see how she's been changed

So this is the new Lupe? Looks nice, but I can't wait to see this new Super-Badnik. And it's good to see that the Freedom Fighters are still aiming to get the last Emerald.

Return of Lupe?! Yes yes YES!!!

Looks like a pretty sweet redesign to me.  I'm looking forward to this one.  Good to see more characters returning.

Just started reading again thanks to Megaman, and I am not quite up to the reboot yet. I read about all the characters dropped, and with the exception of the fire ants and Nic the weasel, I aint really hurting over most of em. Would have been interesting to see what Ian was gona do with Nic and Ebony but such is life, what about you guys? Any dropped characters any of you will miss?

Er... seriously, it's best not to prod that wound.  

Also, characters haven't been dropped.  In the context of the world, they've been killed off.

Just started reading again thanks to Megaman, and I am not quite up to the reboot yet. I read about all the characters dropped, and with the exception of the fire ants and Nic the weasel, I aint really hurting over most of em. Would have been interesting to see what Ian was gona do with Nic and Ebony but such is life, what about you guys? Any dropped characters any of you will miss?

Uh thanks for pouring more salt on an opening wound I have a lot that I miss.

Okay guys. That's enough. Its a fair question and not everyone reads back